PDA

View Full Version : WIFI with Stream

diego2610
13-10-2008, 09:56
dear all,

Im new in this forum where I registered today and which so far has been very helpful with many very useful and important informations about life in moscow;

well my first question is the following: I m living in an expat condominium, I have the internet connection (Stream) from the guy living in my place before,
now I wanna upgrade in order to have Wifi; how do I have to proceed? I have to call Stream or I can orderit via Internet? Is it better I buy the wifi-modem and router myself or have Stream all delivered and installed at my place (which I would prefer, as my tecnical knowledge is rather limited. what else do I need to know?
thank you all for help and advices
byebye

OuterSpace
13-10-2008, 10:08
What is the brand name model of current Stream device(Adsl Modem/Router)
.Maybe it already Wifi capability but not enabled..Tell us so we can be sure..

If not you can buy a decent Stream approved Wifi Router and call them to come your home and setup it..I am not sure that whether they sell also Wifi enabled ADSL router or not..

diego2610
13-10-2008, 16:53
thank you very much for your response.
I just moved to Moscow, so I dont have a modem nor routerrite now, anyway I have to buy a new one

as my russian is a little bit limited:
how do I have to contact Stream to order this additional services? can I make it via internet or better by phone? and how long does it take until they make the installation? or does someone has a serious english-speaking contact at stream? thank you

granmar
15-10-2008, 00:11
dear all,

Im new in this forum where I registered today and which so far has been very helpful with many very useful and important informations about life in moscow;

well my first question is the following: I m living in an expat condominium, I have the internet connection (Stream) from the guy living in my place before,
now I wanna upgrade in order to have Wifi; how do I have to proceed? I have to call Stream or I can orderit via Internet? Is it better I buy the wifi-modem and router myself or have Stream all delivered and installed at my place (which I would prefer, as my tecnical knowledge is rather limited. what else do I need to know?
thank you all for help and advices
byebye

All you need to do is to buy a small wi-fi router (about $45) and plug it into the Stream modem. It will give you cable-less internet etc!

Bruce