PDA

View Full Version : Blood Tests for Visa

Dino
10-10-2008, 18:05
Hi Expats,
Can someone please clarify what blood tests are required for a working visa?
Thanks
Dino

Transparent Theatre
10-10-2008, 18:38
Allegedly this is in the process of change right at this moment.

I got my new visa last week on the basis of just an AIDS test. However, when I handed it in for prolongation this week, they told me "Oh, you were lucky - you just missed the new tests, there will be FIVE for you next time!"

Dino
10-10-2008, 18:54
Thanks for that.....I know there are supposed to be 5 or 6 of them for a working visa.....just not sure which ones. I'm off to get my new work visa in late October and want to take certificates with me.....but which ones?

Marcelle
10-10-2008, 23:12
If you're planning on getting a work permit here: don't forget to bring along an apostiled copy of your University/College diploma! New rules from the immigration service, just heard about it myself this week (and I've been waiting for a permit here in Moscow for quite a while - nice to hear you need some document from the Netherlands... Good luck!

Carbo
13-10-2008, 16:49
If you're planning on getting a work permit here: don't forget to bring along an apostiled copy of your University/College diploma! New rules from the immigration service, just heard about it myself this week (and I've been waiting for a permit here in Moscow for quite a while - nice to hear you need some document from the Netherlands... Good luck!
Can you tell me more about this, please? PM me if you like.

If true, it is absurd.

Transparent Theatre
13-10-2008, 18:08
Again, it's a tit-for-tat - Russians working in industry in other countries are being asked to show their credentials and qualifications - so Russia is asking the same.

The usual problem - one country demands it of Russians, and in exchange Russia "punishes" all countries with a return demand for the same :(

pullar
13-10-2008, 22:23
When the list of diseases was first mooted several years ago, but then ignored, it included syphilis, gonorrhoea, chlamydia, tuberculosis and leprosy. The likelihood of any westerner at least having the latter is remote beyond imagination, although the Russian media have stated that Yushchenko has it.

Carbo
14-10-2008, 10:30
When the list of diseases was first mooted several years ago, but then ignored, it included syphilis, gonorrhoea, chlamydia, tuberculosis and leprosy. The likelihood of any westerner at least having the latter is remote beyond imagination, although the Russian media have stated that Yushchenko has it.

We are already tested for four of those five. Perhaps, though, there are more on the way, which p*sses me right off.

pullar
14-10-2008, 11:50
We are already tested for four of those five. Perhaps, though, there are more on the way, which p*sses me right off.

I've only ever submitted a certificate of absence of AIDS, and never been asked for anything else. Did you get your visa in London?

Carbo
14-10-2008, 12:46
I've only ever submitted a certificate of absence of AIDS, and never been asked for anything else. Did you get your visa in London?
Yes, but I got a work visa. The way it worked was that I got a job in Russia, then took the medical exams which included and HIV/AIDS test, leprosy, cyphilis, herpes, the clap, TB and drug addiction. Then I got the certificates, handed them in at work and they arranged an FMC card for me and an official invitation for me. Then I took the invitation to London, and printed out a visa application form with by work as the official inviting party and got a thrree month single entry business visa. I then gave my passport to work and then they returned it a week or two later with a line through the business visa and a new green paper 1 year multiple entry visa folded inside.

But I needed those medical tests to kick it all off.

Transparent Theatre
14-10-2008, 13:19

And that's indeed how it was - until last month. They have upped the requirement now, to include 4-5 other medical tests too.

Ho-hum, and an elephant's bum...