PDA

View Full Version : Rosinka Schools

Mav
08-10-2008, 20:11
Hi

Am moving to Rosinka next month and have read mixed reviews on the school there. Does anyone have any personal experience of the schools there that they are willing to share?

markusha
09-10-2008, 08:33
It's not exactly personal experience, more like hearsay, but I do know a family at Rosinka who are trying to move their children to a different school. A few weeks into a new school year, that seems quite serious. Perhaps other people on the site are willing to share some first hand experience.

Mav
10-10-2008, 01:13
It's not exactly personal experience, more like hearsay, but I do know a family at Rosinka who are trying to move their children to a different school. A few weeks into a new school year, that seems quite serious. Perhaps other people on the site are willing to share some first hand experience.

Hi

Appreciate that. I agree moving a child so soon is not a good sign, I'd love to know more. Maybe someone else will share their exoeriences or those of people they know. Its so hard trying to bottom things out when you dont know anyone who has kids there. So thanks for passing that on..

PNW
10-10-2008, 17:12
I live in Rosinka and have had friends in the BIS at Rosinka.

Those people I know who have chosen the BIS-Rosinka over the other BIS campuses or AAS didn't anticipate being in Russia for too long--they both felt like the convenience of having school close by and the ease of enrollment outweighed the difficulties of the AAS waitlist and trying to find the right BIS campus fit for their children since they would only be in Russia for 1-2 years. Both of those families had children in years 1, 3 and 5.

A few factors to consider:

How long will you be in Moscow? If you have older children, BIS Rosinka doesn't go past primary school. You will have to transfer and year 6 is the most difficult year to find a placement for any international school in the city. Making sure that the school you go to past primary school is compatible with the BIS Rosinka is important.

Time--Traffic in Moscow is so terrible that for some families, the commute to the other schools can become a factor.

Curriculum: Depending on what country you are moving from, the BIS, Anglo-American and other international schools utilize different curriculum and move at different paces. Making sure that your child will be able to transition to a post BIS-Rosinka school when you are finished there is important.

As I stated at the beginning: I have known only two families who used the BIS-Rosinka and both of them were satisfied. Both families were Americans. Both families felt like there was some anti-American sentiment either with peers or staff, but neither felt like it was distracting or worth changing schools over.

My children are older so they are at the AAS middle and high school.

Mav
16-10-2008, 21:09
Thank you for that. Have given me some food for thought.