PDA

View Full Version : Visa info for a Canadian please

andrich
08-10-2008, 11:39
Do any fellow expat Canadians, or anyone who is knowledgeable of the visa process in general, know if it is possible for me to process a visa faster than the 15 business days that all the embassy websites seem to mention??

Patricia Kennedy
08-10-2008, 11:46
It doesn't seem possible...and your visa starts from the issue date of the invitation which means your visa is good for a little over two months.

andrich
08-10-2008, 11:56
This 15 business day thing is very frustrating, although I'm not sure I agree with your second point. I am here now on a three month business visa, and the 90 days started from the time when the visa was issued to me. So I will be able to stay here for the pretty much the entire 90 days, give or take a day or two lost at either end due to travel. Unfortunately, however, I guess I am stuck waiting for at least 3 weeks in Canada when I go home in Novemeber...very frustrating...

Teaching in Russia
24-10-2008, 11:21
I just returned from my visa run to Palermo, Italy. I got my visa in one day. I have a friend who is Canadian and he wanted me to ask them the waiting time. The lady went and asked the Consular Officer and she said one day was possible for Canadians also. I would still recommend you call them first. There were no lines, and I was in and out in 10 minutes.

Patricia Kennedy
26-10-2008, 14:43
10 days in Ukraine.

Mobile363
12-12-2008, 03:37
There is no way to get the visa faster. Im in the pricess of getting a visa now. I send my application tomorrow and I hope to have the visa before Jan 16th.