PDA

View Full Version : Have any British people here

Fiery Jack
08-10-2008, 08:26
got their visas in a Baltic country recently?
Have you actually succeeded recently in taking your Invitation (Priglashenie) to a Russian Consulate in a Baltic (or other) country, and obtaining a 1 year work (for teaching) visa with no problems??

Or, when I get my inivitation, can I only get my visa in London??

THANK YOU!

kebab
29-10-2008, 18:47
I am British and its not possible to get a visa in a Baltic country anymore as far as I know. I renewed by visa in January in Ukraine but it was so problematic and you actually can't do it without having Ukrainian registration. I would just go home to renew your visa.

pullar
29-10-2008, 22:44
got their visas in a Baltic country recently?
Have you actually succeeded recently in taking your Invitation (Priglashenie) to a Russian Consulate in a Baltic (or other) country, and obtaining a 1 year work (for teaching) visa with no problems??

Or, when I get my inivitation, can I only get my visa in London??

THANK YOU!

I had this problem in June, and I was told by a bloke in the Poznan consulate that as a citizen of the EU it is impossible to be issued with a visa in Poland unless you are registered there. Registration takes 30 days, although since it was summer, it might be a couple of days less at this time of year. The situation is utterly absurd, because in the good old USSR days you could get it done in a couple of hours, no questions asked. So London or Edinburgh are the only places for GB citizens.
It stinks.