PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Scottish fold kitten

alexplayer
07-10-2008, 17:05
Looking for Scottish fold kitten, safe,loving responsible home awaiting ! please contact me if you have or know of any ! , (pic wld be preferable)

PLEASE PM

Nehalennia
11-10-2008, 12:40
i have found a pet shop selling fold kittens. they run about 10000 rubles per kitten. they are all grey about 2 months old, very sweet well taken care of little things. If you are interested let me know and I will tell you where you can buy them.

simone
12-10-2008, 13:50
Looking for Scottish fold kitten, safe,loving responsible home awaiting ! please contact me if you have or know of any ! , (pic wld be preferable)

PLEASE PM

hi, it's beautiful, that you want a cat for you. But wouldn't you prefer to give a home to a cat that needs a home, there are 100000000 homeless beautiful kittens waiting for a lovely can opener.
Just consider. Especially in Russia, you do not want to buy a cat. Really. NOT FROM A SHOP ESPECIALLY!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, but no responsible breeder would ever give their kittens in a shop. Pets in shops are only from breeding factories. And thats terrible, not only for the mother animals, but also for the future owners, you never know what inbreeding matters you will have to go through later on in their lives, in character and health.
Also when ever you buy a pet, you want to meet the mother, dont you?
I have two cats they happened to me. So i had no choice. But if i would have had the chance, i want to know the mother, her character. The mother animal is very important to the kittens development and the most important imprinting for the future.
For example you dont want a very talkative mother, because most likely later in life you cats will be a talker too. Or an aggressive mother or or or.
Also the age of the kittens is very important. In shop they start selling them from 5 weeks on. Because thats when they are cutest, but is a violation to the most important time of imprinting.
If you take a cat from a breeder, start meeting the monther and the little one once a week, from the 5th week on, or earlier, but only take it in the 12th week. If the breeder believes that this is strange or funny. Choose an other one. Because he either does not understand the nature of cats or really only wants to make money.

If you can not warm up for a homeless kitten from a shelter, please do very well research on the breeders. Do not support shop sales ever, nowhere in the world.

simone
12-10-2008, 13:55
is so sweet and it will grow in a real russian beauty, ;)!!!

MissAnnElk
12-10-2008, 14:58
I have two cats they happened to me. So i had no choice.
If you can not warm up for a homeless kitten from a shelter, please do very well research on the breeders. Do not support shop sales ever, nowhere in the world.

I am laughing. This IS the way with cats, isn't it? They DO choose you.

I have a Russian friend who has 2 pedigreed cats (she bought them from breeders). Now, they are very nice cats, but I cannot imagine why one would pay money for a cat. You want a cat? You go outside and pick one up.

But my friend is insistent: "If you do not buy a pedigreed cat, it will pee in your shoes!" she says.

Now, her cats have pooped on her bed . . . but they haven't peed in her shoes . . .

simone
12-10-2008, 16:53
I am laughing. This IS the way with cats, isn't it? They DO choose you.

I have a Russian friend who has 2 pedigreed cats (she bought them from breeders). Now, they are very nice cats, but I cannot imagine why one would pay money for a cat. You want a cat? You go outside and pick one up.

But my friend is insistent: "If you do not buy a pedigreed cat, it will pee in your shoes!" she says.

Now, her cats have pooped on her bed . . . but they haven't peed in her shoes . . .

;) pedigree or not, owners can always do things wrong.
If the german sheperd bits, owners say, it because he is a german next time we buy a border collie, then the border collie hunts cars, because he is a border collie, they will buy a papillon, which they never get house clean etc... but its will never be the owners mistake. And yes if its a street cat or dog, which doesnt live up to expectations, its because they are from the street.
Russians love pedigree, because the never could say; oh my good they had to take a dog/cat from the street,because they cant afford pedigree!
Capitalism ;)

MissAnnElk
12-10-2008, 16:57
Well, if someone has their heart set on a particular breed, they should find that through a reputable breeder.

That said, call it cultural differences, but there is no shame, only good karma, in adoption.

simone
12-10-2008, 17:23
Well, if someone has their heart set on a particular breed, they should find that through a reputable breeder.

That said, call it cultural differences, but there is no shame, only good karma, in adoption.

Thats true of course!! But honestly cats??!! I mean i have two dogs and two cats, i can understand the breed diffrence for dogs, its not just the look, its very much the mentality of the breed, which makes people connected to the kind. But cats are sooooo similar in their attitute. I don't know anybody who says: i buy this cat breed, because its just the better hunter, or its so easy to train, of its soo good with children. Cat breed lovers, love them first of all because of a look. And thats a bit sad, i believe.

Periwinkle
12-10-2008, 20:01
I agree with Ann - there is nothing wrong with getting a kitten from a breeder - but yes make sure it is reputible and the kitten is not too young - otherwise may have social and other developmental issues. As for breeds yes- there can be personality and other differnces between breeds. I had shelter cats - one a siamese mix - very doglike and talkative like a Siamese. Maine Coon - very sweet and gentle. Persian Mix very shy but think had bad experiences.