PDA

View Full Version : FAO Bels - on your question about where to return to in the UK

Len Ganley Stance
07-10-2008, 09:47
Bels,

I came across the website below which I haven't looked at in any great detail but thought that it might be of some use to you..............

House price news, information and discussion - HousePriceCrash.co.uk (http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/)

trebor
07-10-2008, 15:56
The graph of average house prices in the Uk over the past 30 odd years on the front page makes interesting reading. Better explained; click graphs and average house price.
From 1989, the end of the last real estate boom, it took prices 13 years to recover.
At the moment we are 1 year into a decline and still well over the long term trend. I think the graph is telling us that it very likely prices will fall significantly from here.
Not a time to be going home and sinking one's hard earned into bricks and mortar. Not just yet anyway.
Another interesting point is that, from my view, the graph dismisses the fact of 'safe as houses'
Make up your own mind.

Len Ganley Stance
07-10-2008, 17:25
The graph of average house prices in the Uk over the past 30 odd years on the front page makes interesting reading. Better explained; click graphs and average house price.
From 1989, the end of the last real estate boom, it took prices 13 years to recover.
At the moment we are 1 year into a decline and still well over the long term trend. I think the graph is telling us that it very likely prices will fall significantly from here.
Not a time to be going home and sinking one's hard earned into bricks and mortar. Not just yet anyway.
Another interesting point is that, from my view, the graph dismisses the fact of 'safe as houses'
Make up your own mind.

I'd agree with that but one thing I would add to Backwards-Robert's post is that -

Britain Is NOT in Recession

Transparent Theatre
14-10-2008, 15:13
But I'd advise Mickey to keep clear of Australia....

BBC NEWS | World | Asia-Pacific | DNA tests on remains in crocodile (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/7668999.stm)

MickeyTong
14-10-2008, 15:36
There's nothing tastier than a Scotsman stuffed with black pudding and haggis.

kirk10071
14-10-2008, 16:10
There's nothing tastier than a Scotsman stuffed with black pudding and haggis.

Mickey, surely you can think of a better pick-up line than THAT! :)

MickeyTong
14-10-2008, 16:12
Of course I can, but sometimes I look for quantity, not quality.

Transparent Theatre
14-10-2008, 16:22
Mickey, surely you can think of a better pick-up line than THAT! :)

"Nae, it's all in wurkin' order!".