PDA

View Full Version : Any apartment website exist for Petersburg

amerikanka
06-10-2008, 02:49
All I can find is agents. I'm wondering if there is an apartment rental site for everyone to post listings like Craigslist.org or similar to Flatmates.ru but with apartments, not just rooms??

I'm moving to St. Petersburg in January and looking for a 1 room apartment near a metro station for about $700us/month. Is this possible?

A friend told me that foreigners get ripped off easily too so I should have a Russian person arrange the apartment. Is this true?

maydeeone
07-10-2008, 22:13
I am a frenchie living in piter right now, i am woking like everyone does, TEACHER at the french school in Mayakovskovo.

I don`t know if you are interesting in a flat sharing, bu, let me explain.

I am looking for flt to share with people because flats here are so expensive, and it is nicer to share fun with someone else.

So, i visited today a new appartment in Italianskaya ulitza,(center of piter, 50 meters away from nevsky prospekt) fully furnished, even internet, a big living room with a view of the fontanka, 2 bed rooms, one double size of the over one, but... there is a lift, tv, shower every things are very nive. I can send you picture, or if you are right now in peter, i can meet you to know if it cans be possible together. i forgot, a stunning view on fontanka canal...

Bedrooms are far from each over, so we can`t disturb one .

It cost 22500 roubles a month.

Let me know fast as possible please. If you are looking for the same, i think it`s the best deal to enjoy life in piter.

Let me know, Thanx

Mehdi

ndemeis
08-10-2008, 11:41
Its almost impossible to find an apartment without going through an agent. most people who are renting use agents because well the renters have to pay the fee and its less hastle for them.

mock
08-10-2008, 20:05
I'm moving to St. Petersburg in January and looking for a 1 room apartment near a metro station for about $700us/month. Is this possible?

I am not sure it is possible to rent 1 room apartment for $700, or it should be very far....there is портал БН.ру - Бюллетень недвижимости Санкт-Петербурга (http://www.bn.ru)
where you can find flats according to the size and location, but most of them are given by agencies...

ndemeis
08-10-2008, 21:52
Its possible. Any metro station? Should be pretty easy as most apartments are located within 5-10 minutes walk from a metro station. Check out

Rent of elite apartments in Saint Petersburg (http://www.allestate.ru/eng/gallery/)

They have some nice apartments cheap. But $700 for an apartment is gonna put you farther out from the centre unless you decide to live with people.

amerikanka
09-10-2008, 02:47
thanks guys, i don't plan on living with anyone else as i'll be moving there with my boyfriend and our cat. we can probably afford to pay more i was just being hopeful.

do you think its easier to get a hotel for a week or so and look when i get there?

ndemeis
09-10-2008, 13:56
You will def want to look at an apartment before you commit as many are not up to western standards. Try this site to and you can get an idea of what your going to be paying. Lots of links to realestate pages that rent.

Europe Real Estate Directory (http://www.europerealestatedirectory.net/index.php?mode=view&cat=45)

DDT
15-10-2008, 21:36
--------------

matesol
18-10-2008, 02:34
ITAKA real estate agency, St.Petersburg, Russia (http://www.petersburg-estate.com/)

Lots of apartments in St. Petersburg, both longterm and short term. Choose price range, number of rooms, long term of short term.

Hope this helps!

britpat1
22-01-2009, 01:36
Did anyone have any luck with any of these real estate agencies? I am looking to rent a new place, everyone keeps commenting on how rental prices have decreased, however, I am still finding it difficult to get a decent place for a decent price.

bTeam13
24-01-2009, 03:12
I just left St. Pete and my stately 150K rub/mo flat overlooking the Neva before xmas. With the crisis, there's tons of available flats, and they're willing to negotiate everything including agents' fees, to get you into it, since there's no real demand on anything until May/June. Good luck, and a happy cold winter from CA!

robert2901
24-01-2009, 03:26
yes it would be better to get a russian person to arrange the apartment as it could work out a little cheaper,but nor really much,i was renting 2 room apartment in st petersburg and paying 30,000rbles per month in the centre,he wanted 40 and i got one of my friends to arrange it and got it 10 cheaper,