PDA

View Full Version : dead / death in Orenburg

Benedikt
05-10-2008, 16:31
..just before the lady teacher sent out all the girls before the imminent crash of the school walls, she remembered that on the third floor there were the younger kids still there. or she thought so.
so she told 4 of the older girls in her cl**** go up there, don't say anything in order not to cause panic and get the kids out.
well the end we know.
out of a broken heart and thinking that she would have to bear the guilt with her for the rest of her life she took her own life in the garage.
the orthodox priest in her village refused here a burial in the village cemetary. 'because she is a sinner'.
she was buried in the back yard of her home.

hope he will stand one day in front of the pearly gates and find a better judge.
canon law or not, the lady deserved better...

ps and edit, just saw the latest news:
this is the pits indeed, why does the school have to be renovated in october when pupils where there and not in july and august when it was closed for holidays...
'tender' is the reason... as if these yo yo's did not know long before, even years, as the truth comes out more and more, that the school was unsafe and should have been closed long ago. like quite a few others, all the names were puplished in a dayly newspaper. 2 of them are in Moscow.Shame on you Mr. Mayor and the guy who is responsible for schooling and education!!!!!!!

MissAnnElk
05-10-2008, 16:53
I saw that story . . . broke my heart.

privet2009
05-10-2008, 17:02
religion has been responsible for more strife, wars and heartache in this world than anything else. At least she is now in peace.

Transparent Theatre
05-10-2008, 22:08
You'll look in vain for any sign of compassion, pity or empathy from the heartless doctrinal bigots of the Russian Orthodox Church.

Benedikt
06-10-2008, 10:20
You'll look in vain for any sign of compassion, pity or empathy from the heartless doctrinal bigots of the Russian Orthodox Church.

what does YOUR church say in such an incident.

i am a catholic and as far as i know, cases like that are being delt with on merit, if there should be such a thing, i just know from my home village, where some people were granted a 'christian' funeral and others not...

Transparent Theatre
06-10-2008, 12:57
what does YOUR church say in such an incident.

I reject all religion. It's just an excuse for bigotry and hatred.

And it is all based on lies and moral blackmail.

Transparent Theatre
06-10-2008, 23:58
Here's another priest full of "human kindness" (not):

BBC NEWS | England | London | Tattoo gay people, priest writes (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7655585.stm)

rusmeister
07-10-2008, 09:15
Benedikt, you are again blasting the Orthodox Church based on partial knowledge. Now it may be that everything you say is true, and if so, I would agree that it is shameful. (So careful info links, please?) It is also not the position the Orthodox Church takes. Again, yes, priests and even bishops (like Diomede) can go off deep ends. Usually, they get reprimands or other punishment that you do not hear about later - it's not "newsworthy", so the media are not interested in reporting it. Has anybody seen the reports that Diomede has been removed from his position? (No? Guess it's not as exciting as exaggerated reports of fights outside of the Cathedral of Christ the Savior...) It was put into the "unimportant news":

Orthodox Bishop Defrocked

An outspoken Orthodox bishop, Diomid of Chukotka, was stripped of his rank by the synod of the Russian Orthodox Church on Monday, Interfax reported. Several clerics who supported him were defrocked.
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/article/1010/42/371471.htm

My point is that while all here are ready to jump on news which makes the Church look bad, few here would pay any attention to the fact that the Church does move to stop people who go out of control and actually break Church laws and/or violate canons. And the media does the same. They'll put a bogus fight which has nothing to do with the Church on the front page, and relegate the actual reaction of the Church to the "News in brief".

It is true that canon law forbids an Orthodox burial service (panikhida) for people who commit suicide (that is the issue, not "because she was a sinner - the Church specifically teaches that we are all sinners). It is not true that they are forbidden cemetery burial by the Church, or that prayers may not be offered, including by a priest. The key point is that the panikhida may not be served.

Again, I would say that it is extraordinary that anyone would forbid burial in the cemetery. I would like to know exactly who forbade that, and on whose authority (if true).

Oh, and on the absurd charge that religion is the prime reason for war and suffering, I need only point to practically all of the major wars of the 20th century and its causes, which were political and actually lacked religion to restrain them to disprove that. The major religions, especially Christianity, have restrained war at least as much as they caused.

Yeah, that 'moral blackmail' saying "Thou shalt not kill, steal or covet your neighbor's wife" is really unfair and unjust, man.

Transparent Theatre
07-10-2008, 10:59
I would like to know exactly who forbade that, and on whose authority (if true).

We ALREADY know. It was this bigoted hate-filled "PRIEST".

Oh, and on the absurd charge that religion is the prime reason for war and suffering, I need only point to practically all of the major wars of the 20th century and its causes, which were political and actually lacked religion to restrain them to disprove that.

Is that why the Nazis murdered 6M jews? :(

The major religions, especially Christianity, have restrained war at least as much as they caused.

"Kill them all!! God will find his own!!"
(c) Simon de Montfort, the "Christian" leader of the Albigensian Crusade

rusmeister
07-10-2008, 21:27
We ALREADY know. It was this bigoted hate-filled "PRIEST".
Again, this may well be true. But I asked for a source. And as I have tried to point out, priests may be loose cannons - that's what the Church courts are for - to rein them in.

Is that why the Nazis murdered 6M jews? :(
I do think this was a primary factor in the Holocaust - if even, say, the Lutheran Church had been deferred to (by Hitler and the regime), instead of being an object to control, the Holocaust would not have happened.

"Kill them all!! God will find his own!!"
(c) Simon de Montfort, the "Christian" leader of the Albigensian Crusade

No one is arguing that people have misused religion, even Christianity - so presenting evidence that they did is a waste of time. When I place the Crusades against the Holocaust, there is no doubt in my mind which was the more totally evil. Atheism and mystic paganism are surely at least equally culpable for the woes of humankind as the misuse of faith.

I think westerners have an unusual and specific bias against Christianity that makes them launch barrels of hate at it that they do not against, say, eastern religions, for the simple reason that they cannot possibly be impartial about it. If they could treat the Christian saints like the eastern mystics, the Dalai Lama, etc, they would be polite, respectful, and interested. As it is, they (the Christian saints) are treated as just a bunch of hate-mongering war-causing *&^%$#

The Everlasting Man (http://www.cse.dmu.ac.uk/~mward/gkc/books/everlasting_man.html)

(Just read the introduction)

If you are a committed agnostic/atheist, do not read it at all. An atheist or agnostic serious about his beliefs can't be too careful what he reads...

rusmeister
10-10-2008, 13:38
Hmmm. Everyone must have run off to read The Everlasting Man...

Have to warn ya, though - there was this young atheist logician. He read that book and it changed his life. He couldn't accept atheism after reading it. A few years later, he became a Christian.

His name? Oh, yeah. C.S. Lewis.

Transparent Theatre
10-10-2008, 14:52
. C.S. Lewis.

All those children's books about Lions - as a way of luring them into dull churches full of boring bigoted priests ;)

rusmeister
11-10-2008, 06:01
Yeah - rather into dull laboratories full of boring bigoted scientists...

On the thesis of TEM:

Much of it (ed - the book) is devoted to many sorts of Pagans rather than any sort of Christians; and its thesis is that those who say that Christ stands side by side with similar myths, and his religion side by side with similar religions, are only repeating a very stale formula contradicted by a very striking fact.

Even more stale over 80 years later...
The Everlasting Man (http://www.cse.dmu.ac.uk/~mward/gkc/books/everlasting_man.html)