PDA

View Full Version : Cocktails

DJ Biscuit
15-07-2004, 20:15
My most asteemed landlord,

As a proud alcoholic I would like to offer some of the cocktails/mixes I have tried and continue to drink on special occaisons (like when I have money)

'MIND YOUR HEAD' - PINT OF GUINNESS WITH 50 grms GIN IN IT

'WHO AM I' - BOTTLE MD20/20 MIXED WITH BOTTLE BARLEY WINE

Barley wine and Cider are good together too.

I am sure your other customers, though they are less sophisticated than I,will add their own recipes...

boscoe
15-07-2004, 20:25
a favourite of my youth - Blastaway

Bottle of diamond white with a bottle of castaway - tastes like lilt - knocks your friggin head off :)

DPG
16-07-2004, 02:56
Christ - Diamond White...that brings back painful memories of my teenage years...did you used to do snakebite and blackcurrent too?!

In fact it's the reason I don't drink cider now.

The exact reason (for Ghost and all those other Americans who have discovered cider recently in their lives) is that when you have too much of it (and it's only a matter of time) you will soon realise that cider is the only drink that tastes the same coming up as it does going down!!:D

Cheers!!

Smurfette
16-07-2004, 10:35
snakebite + black - uhhhhh bad memories

Braders
16-07-2004, 15:34
Going back to my youth i remember only 1 drink and it was dynamite, well it was for a 16 year old scumbag in central Manchester! retailed at around a quid a bottle, my paper-round kept me juiced up for the weekend

Thunderbirds 'Red or Blue' White Wine!

Tried a search on the net just now to bring back memories ...just seeing a bottle would have brought a tear to my eye.

Is it still available in the UK?

DJ Biscuit
16-07-2004, 16:17
Boscoe,I remember that one.

What about snakebites from Diamond White and Skol Super Strength? Wicked!

the chef
16-07-2004, 18:47
Thunderbird is available from all good off-licenses between the hours of 3pm and 11pm
Pimms, anyone

Ghost
16-07-2004, 19:16
"The only reason I can figure out why they call them cocktails is because after three or four, you're after one or the other."

-I forget who said it