PDA

View Full Version : an English-speakin' friend WANTED

Nightman
14-07-2004, 11:58
Hey, Iím looking for just anybody to speak English to. I personally prefer American English, but if youíre a Brit, I have no hang-ups about that. I donít like all that formal stuff, some guys on this site canít get rid of. I like slang and informal talk. Itíd be just awesome if youíre into all that. Iím a Russian male, 23. I had a couple of similar experiences in the past and that was interesting. Now that all my English-speaking friends are no longer in Russia, I need to find myself someone else. If you speak good English, Iíd be happy to get together with you. And thatíd be fun. As a starter, you can write me direct at nightman_roman@mail.ru

pengwn9
14-07-2004, 12:45
Fo shizzle, bro. Whassup?

boscoe
14-07-2004, 16:36
Ya divvent wanna be ere bonny lad!

Moscow Wolf
14-07-2004, 18:32
Yo lot cor talk like what I con. Yam Yam Army. Try me at 04.00am in the morning, we can have a word slurring contest. Pity he's a bloke though, innit.

Smurfette
14-07-2004, 21:25
The funny thing is people actually talk like that in the west mids, I'd never had believed it before living there.

lochnessmonster
14-07-2004, 21:29
hey hey, now WATCH IT! i am from the west mids, too, you know, and we definitely DON'T speak like that, except my sister, who lives in Cannock, but that's another story.

Smurfette
14-07-2004, 21:32
Ok sorry I know there is a distinction between west mids/black country just I'm from the south and I work in Dudley (god help me) so it all gets a bit mixed!

Moscow Wolf
14-07-2004, 23:05
Dudley! What a dump, anywhere near to Top Church? Ignore the Monster, he's from Coventry, Lady Godiva and two Cathedrals and all that stuff. I used to go to the Technical College in Dudley and frequent the night club right by the Zoo, (still do, just different City). Think it was called Saint Mary's and it is the place where Lenny Henry started out at the tender age of 16 on stage.

Smurfette
14-07-2004, 23:06
see other thread...

auricle
15-07-2004, 00:37
Yo'm oiright , fellow Yam-Yams!

I am a Tipton lad born & bred!

That night club you are talking about is now called 'Crush'.

'Roight, I 'ay angin' raand ere' Oim gooin to 'av me faggots an pais naa.

Bostin'

Smurfette
15-07-2004, 00:54
Oh god the place is crawling with them!! I'm from the lovely City of Oxford and proud of it!!!

davess
06-08-2004, 04:27
My word! Such utter linguistic sins as 'hey', 'brit', 'stuff', 'awesome' and 'starter'. It's a veritable cesspit of wild and way-out-there radical informality. Slang City Central. Not sure I'd be able to understand him in a conversation. Must be all those young folks funny jargon. I'm surely far too old and far too British.