PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday Night Mixer This Week??

MissAnnElk
30-09-2008, 21:30
I have a sitter. Is there an event at Papas??

pullar
30-09-2008, 22:18
I hope so. Who can tell us?

OuterSpace
30-09-2008, 22:21
I was looking also for this.
So far there was no info from Runaway Express..
Lets wait tomorrow till lunch time if still there is no response we can organize by ourself :)
what you think..

elis
30-09-2008, 22:47
I'm sure that something will be going on tomorrow. I will join you all in spirit!! (And to keep in the spirit, I will also have some spirits . . .) :wavey:

OuterSpace
30-09-2008, 22:51
Elis Welcome back to Moscow !

elis
30-09-2008, 22:57
Elis Welcome back to Moscow !

Sorry OuterSpace--I'm still here in Yerevan. By "joining in spirit" I meant that I will be there with you in my thoughts. :)

cookie monster
01-10-2008, 11:47
I have a sitter. Is there an event at Papas??

Yes, of course, hope to see you later...

Cheers

OuterSpace
01-10-2008, 11:51
Sorry OuterSpace--I'm still here in Yerevan. By "joining in spirit" I meant that I will be there with you in my thoughts. :)

Oh i see! :)

OuterSpace
01-10-2008, 12:04
Sooooo...

Who is coming tonight ? :beerbros:

cookie monster
01-10-2008, 12:07
Tonight will be the same specials as every Wednesday Night at Papa's, so cheers everybody.

MissAnnElk
01-10-2008, 13:48
The Mister and I will be there. Can't stay very late as the sitter turns into a pumpkin (and gets locked out of her dorm), but we will probably be there after 8.

Who else?

The Traveler
01-10-2008, 14:00
Puteshestvennik is taking time out of a busy schedule to arrive! Can't wait, it's going to be great!

Andy B
01-10-2008, 14:45
I'll be there :)

cookie monster
01-10-2008, 15:37
I'll be there :)

see you later.... :11157:

OuterSpace
02-10-2008, 03:16
I went to Pappa`s around 12 and i could able to see there only RunawayExpress,lifespree and tzaritsa.
I sit with lifespree and tzaritsa and talked and drunk a little.

They said some people came and left early.I hope all people had fun...

MissAnnElk
02-10-2008, 07:57
Sorry we missed you . . . yeah, we got there early and didn't stay too long (The Mister is getting a cold :9437: and it is a school night . . .). But now that we know where it is, we will do it again.

Is it the rain or the cheap vodka? But I have a headache that won't quit! On my third dose of drugs and have moved up to the migraine meds.

The Traveler
02-10-2008, 10:47
Well, it's true that a lot left early. But then again, I must say I was a bit dissapointed. The band was ok I guess, but I'm not a jazz fan, and I would have much more enjoyed the DJ. I think I left around 11.

I don't share the headache problem, but I have a horrible other affliction that has confined me to my house today. I just can't figure out what is causing it.

MissAnnElk
02-10-2008, 10:54
I finally got the headache under control, but it took two doses of advil and one dose of excedrin migraine.

Sorry about your "affliction." Welcome to Moscow. I have an entire blog entry percolating in my mind on that topic. I just don't know if I dare write it down. But those stories are always the best, no?

Yeah, jazz is probably my least favorite genre. But I can't complain too much as I know our Runaway works very hard to find entertainment for our sorry behinds. (THANK YOU RUNAWAY!) And there was GREAT entertainment value in that particular band. The Danny Devito keyboard was priceless!

The Traveler
02-10-2008, 11:02
Ha! Danny DeVito! That's priceless, you rule! I just wished Danny DeVito rolled his eyes up into his head whenever he did something, that way he would be as entertaining as the band was!

MissAnnElk
02-10-2008, 11:08
Ha! Danny DeVito! That's priceless, you rule! I just wished Danny DeVito rolled his eyes up into his head whenever he did something, that way he would be as entertaining as the band was!

Well, there's another actor whose name I cannot think of . . . a sort of sweaty, hairy guy who plays mafiosos types . . . the musician actually resembled that guy more.

elis
02-10-2008, 12:19
Sorry about your "affliction." Welcome to Moscow. I have an entire blog entry percolating in my mind on that topic. I just don't know if I dare write it down. But those stories are always the best, no?

Percolating?? Should I consider that an "interesting" choice of words? :mml:
Do it! Do it!! Heck, you can even include others' . . .

RhythMasteR
02-10-2008, 12:39
I was also thinking to join yesterday after MissAnnElk's thread, make a short visit, but when RunawayExpress announced a Jazz Night, I changed my mind in that second. Of course meeting you people would be nice, of course to have fun is the purpose, but if music is something like that, I cannot stand in any place...

But good to hear you had good time...

Maybe next week..:soccer:

OuterSpace
02-10-2008, 12:46
Sorry we missed you . . . yeah, we got there early and didn't stay too long (The Mister is getting a cold :9437: and it is a school night . . .). But now that we know where it is, we will do it again.

Is it the rain or the cheap vodka? But I have a headache that won't quit! On my third dose of drugs and have moved up to the migraine meds.

Do you drink much water before you sleep.
I do that days when i drink and i never get headache in the morning.Maybe a little...

To Avoid a Hangover, Drink Plenty (of Water) (http://www.angelescity.com/hangover.html)

MissAnnElk
02-10-2008, 12:57
I thought pickle juice in the morning was supposed to be the answer . . .

Runaway
02-10-2008, 13:51
oh my head hurts!

I hope you all had a good time, I can'y take creditfor the Jazz Band (Good or Bad) that was arranged inhouse but we had DJ Biscuit waiting in the wings and he pulled us out our slumber

MissAnnElk
02-10-2008, 13:59
oh my head hurts!

I'll pass over the Excedrin Migraine . . . I'm feeling MUCH better now.

Runaway
02-10-2008, 14:42
I'll pass over the Excedrin Migraine . . . I'm feeling MUCH better now.

I am glad you are I feel like ****! My only saving grace is that my flight is not until 2150:10641:

MissAnnElk
02-10-2008, 16:00
I am glad you are I feel like ****! My only saving grace is that my flight is not until 2150:10641:

Where you off to?

Runaway
02-10-2008, 16:21
Kiev for a long weekend

tzaritsa
02-10-2008, 18:28

MissAnn, I think vodka was ok (for me of coz) I had not too small:shame:
Today Im sleepy coz to wake up early, but no headache.
Pity, you left so early

Im not jazz fan too and I think they was too loud. May be u got headache coz of this? When they stop plaihg there was zoom-m-m in my poor ears.
Danny Devito is really great. May be we can sell him to Hollywood as Dannys dubbing actor?

Andy B
02-10-2008, 20:08
I was there and left early... in the morning (actually left Papa's at 4am).

Had a great evening, thanks Runway and DJB!

MissAnnElk
02-10-2008, 20:18

FOUR in the A.M.? My God, man. Don't you have a job? What time does that place close? I could have met you for breakfast?

Dilek
02-10-2008, 20:46
I went to Pappa`s around 12 and i could able to see there only RunawayExpress,lifespree and tzaritsa.
I sit with lifespree and tzaritsa and talked and drunk a little.

They said some people came and left early.I hope all people had fun...

that is the difference between working for the client and to be a client, isn't it my friend! :mad: had to leave! it is a week day!

Dilek
02-10-2008, 20:54

that is absolutely right, especially with your fantasy world, the traveller!!! :duhhhh:I liked the music anyway Runaway! thanks! next time, if there will be a next time, it would be better if they start on time.

OuterSpace
02-10-2008, 20:58
that is the difference between working for the client and to be a client, isn't it my friend! :mad: had to leave! it is a week day!

Yes i see what you mean Dilek :) but early in the morning i was that `client``s site for a techical site survey work :D

So i work also a lot even though i am the client :)

tzaritsa
03-10-2008, 20:36
Dear AndyB!
Im very much interested to say Hello to U. I saw TD and Boscoe and didnt see u! Im very curious as all the women. Sorry! Please, next time at Papas let us introduse us to eachother somehow. Thank u!

tzaritsa
03-10-2008, 20:39
Billie Bob! U`re the G-R-E-A-T DANCER!:applause:

chameleon
12-10-2008, 16:32
Hi
Im keen to find out about the wednesday night mixer thing? Is it open to most people? I'm really keen to meet some new ppl!

tx

ivanpetrov
12-10-2008, 16:44
Hi
Im keen to find out about the wednesday night mixer thing? Is it open to most people? I'm really keen to meet some new ppl!

tx

It definitely is. Just check back around Tuesday for the one this week being announced, but it's pretty much the same deal every week. Just come down and ask someone to point the organizer out to you, get introduced, start talking to people... We are a friendly bunch :beerbros:

Runaway
13-10-2008, 13:07
Check out tomorrow's post, We are doing a Jam session with DJ Biscuit playing before, during Breaks and after.
Some great acts are coming so don't miss it:10806: