PDA

View Full Version : From Russia to Greece

happychapiebear
30-09-2008, 13:38
Hello everybody, new to this site, so can anybody answer this one, I'm Englishman living in Crete,Greece for the past 5 year's, been living with my girlfriend for the past 3 year's and we dicided to go to her home town of Ufa, Russia to get married, we got married on the 27 Sept' 08 after sorting all the paper work out, but now i am being told that she still need a foreign visa? to travel back with me to Crete where we live, tried phoneing the Greek embassy in Moscow to ask them but all we keep getting is the phone put down on us, i was wondering whether to go back to Crete and try and get a invertion for my wife to join me??? hope to here anybody's views.

markymark
21-01-2009, 17:58
Hello everybody, new to this site, so can anybody answer this one, I'm Englishman living in Crete,Greece for the past 5 year's, been living with my girlfriend for the past 3 year's and we dicided to go to her home town of Ufa, Russia to get married, we got married on the 27 Sept' 08 after sorting all the paper work out, but now i am being told that she still need a foreign visa? to travel back with me to Crete where we live, tried phoneing the Greek embassy in Moscow to ask them but all we keep getting is the phone put down on us, i was wondering whether to go back to Crete and try and get a invertion for my wife to join me??? hope to here anybody's views.

Dear Happychapiebear

This msg is old, so it might be out of date BUT..

If you are an UK citizen with residency status in Greece.. you MUST register with the Greek Immigration and PROVE you are married ( Marriage Cert and any Divorces must be translated into GREEK by a Greek immigration approved Translator ) your bride can apply for a Visa to live, work and reside in Greece or even the UK for FREE !

In Cyprus we had to prove we lived together, and were divorced, but provided YOU are a resident your wife can enter Greece on a tourist Visa - armed with the marriage certs and an pre arranged appointment with the Immigration authorities..

You wife may need to demonstrate she has medical cover or a Nat insurance number

WE married in Cyprus and have done the whole thing, and now reside in the UK..