PDA

View Full Version : I need help!

Miracle77777
30-09-2008, 00:47
:D
Being a musician I am not a friend of Electronic...sorry....
And now, when I have Linux system in laptop...I cannot download Skype there....And this is killing me))
Please someone, who are good in this, help me with it!

NB: When I try to download Skype for Linux...my system either open it through Zip archive....which gives me nothing...Either request some Administrative Password...which I don't know... The one which I installed as user's Password doesn't fit...so I think it smth

NNB: also - how to open electronic texts...for example books, which had been downloaded as Zip ? Because I cannot unpack them(((

Thanks in advance!!!

Kereal
01-10-2008, 06:16
:D
Being a musician I am not a friend of Electronic...sorry....
And now, when I have Linux system in laptop...I cannot download Skype there....And this is killing me))
Please someone, who are good in this, help me with it!

NB: When I try to download Skype for Linux...my system either open it through Zip archive....which gives me nothing...Either request some Administrative Password...which I don't know... The one which I installed as user's Password doesn't fit...so I think it smth

NNB: also - how to open electronic texts...for example books, which had been downloaded as Zip ? Because I cannot unpack them(((

Thanks in advance!!!

maybe ask here
Skype Community -> Skype for Linux (http://forum.skype.com/index.php?showforum=18)
special forum "skype for linux"

or maybe download the latest version...
Download the latest version of Skype for Linux (http://www.skype.com/download/skype/linux/)

a lot of people use skype the developers should solve the problems easily...:wavey:

OuterSpace
02-10-2008, 03:01
Dear Miracle
i would post here lots of technical links and command lines.. :D

But before going deep technical issues can i ask why you are using Linux?

1-It came with Notebook because of free some vendor install it by default because of budget concern

2-Your school gave notebook free with installed Linux (Most of academic instituions using Linux because of several reasons)

3-You are very advanterous and you want to discover it..

4-You want to torture yourself..

Even i work in IT business Linux still looks to me complicated.
First of all even though they have better looking user interface still it is not easy installing a program like in Windows we do...

In your case i suppose because of your username which you logged in Linux does not have proper privileges and because of it you can not install any program..

I suggest to migrate to Windows or Mac.Because today Skype tomorrow MSN and following days other program installations would be a problem for you

If you able to get admin password of your linux i can send you for further steps..
Feel free to contact me..

Miracle77777
02-10-2008, 03:14
Dear Miracle
i would post here lots of technical links and command lines.. :D

But before going deep technical issues can i ask why you are using Linux?

1-It came with Notebook because of free some vendor install it by default because of budget concern

2-Your school gave notebook free with installed Linux (Most of academic instituions using Linux because of several reasons)

3-You are very advanterous and you want to discover it..

4-You want to torture yourself..

Even i work in IT business Linux still looks to me complicated.
First of all even though they have better looking user interface still it is not easy installing a program like in Windows we do...

In your case i suppose because of your username which you logged in Linux does not have proper privileges and because of it you can not install any program..

I suggest to migrate to Windows or Mac.Because today Skype tomorrow MSN and following days other program installations would be a problem for you

If you able to get admin password of your linux i can send you for further steps..
Feel free to contact me..

Thanks a lot my dear friend for info))

My answer No 1: I got Linux, because I bought a mini-mini laptop....just for communication and to carrying it with me everywhere.... You will not believe ...but it fits to my handbag))

So I really like this toy.....but you right...it is really very limited in options....

but cannot help this - there is no space for XP or Mac in proccesor)))

So......what would be your advices? And where I could get this f**king admins password?

Thanks in advance.....

OuterSpace
02-10-2008, 03:22
Himmmm
mini-mini laptop....

Is it Asus
Like this ?

ASUS | Eee PC (http://eeepc.asus.com/global/)

Actually if i can learn brand and model of your notebook i can suggest some solutions like if it possible (i think higly possible) to make backup of your valuable data stored in your notebook format it and install Windows for example..
I suppose you can find a decent Computer Expert where you live and study or maybe you can get support from your School IT Dept..

Do you keep manuals and instruction which came this notebook.
Maybe somewhere you can see that f**king admins password