PDA

View Full Version : Cost of REMONT

Albertina
29-09-2008, 23:25
Does anyone have an experience to share of renovation costs, specifically, place the new bathtub and redo all the tiles in the bathroom;
place in the new kitchen;
remove the wall between the rooms;
paint the walls
put the wooden floor

Any prices you know? This is just for comparison. Thanks

elis
29-09-2008, 23:40
Alb!!! How sweet of you!! But really, you don't have to go through all that trouble for when Luna and I come to see you . . .

PS -- Have no idea . . .

Albertina
29-09-2008, 23:52
Alb!!! How sweet of you!! But really, you don't have to go through all that trouble for when Luna and I come to see you . . .

PS -- Have no idea . . .

I think I will not be receiving you in my city apartments. You will be more comfortable in my summer residence near the wine yard :farout:

米乐龙
30-09-2008, 11:13
I tiled my whole bathroom for 500 rubles per sqm, labour only.

BeachBum
10-10-2008, 09:15
Does anyone have an experience to share of renovation costs, specifically, place the new bathtub and redo all the tiles in the bathroom;
place in the new kitchen;
remove the wall between the rooms;
paint the walls
put the wooden floor

Any prices you know? This is just for comparison. Thanks
Hi Albertina.

You have 2 routes.
A) Hire a contractor. or
B) Hire labor and supervise them yourself.

since you dont know costs I would assume you dont know much abut renovation. Therefore, B is not a good option. But if you know anything abut renovation then. Ok. maybe B is possible. That said regarding Hiring a contractor choice A. Again you have 2 choices. A) flat rate per room or B) price per square meter.

Pros and Cons flat vs sq m pricing
flat rate is cheaper.
flat is less headache. no squabbling over centimeters
less of a ripoff for you. why? do the math. pay some guy 500-600 per sq m X the average bath and kitchen. your looking at about $1000 a room for 3 days work. I don't know many people that make 350$ a day aside from lawyers!.

Ok that aside. the general price for tile and painting work is 500-600 r a square meter. the same for floors. But the big thing is....Do you have a person designing and supervising the contractor. Do you want cheesy Russian Remont. By this I mean plastic inside corners on tile. uneven door thresholds. Electric heated floors. cheap laminate or true parquet? Because these so called contractors cut a lot of corners! You need a set plan and quidelines for the contractor to follow. And only after the job is complete does he get paid!

Re: Installation of the tub. Easy job. Any decent plumber (santeknik) can do this. Cost should not be more than 150-200 dollars. Depends on if the plumbing needs to be redone. If all he has to do is put in the tub, attache drains and caulk the eges. No more than 150$. Make sure he also disposes of the old tub. They weigh a ton and are hard to get out of apartments to the street! A cast iron tub can top 600 lbs easily!

Re: Demolition of the walls. First BE careful!!!!!!!!!!! Are they Load bearing??? Do they support anything above???? Russian ( Capitol). I am not a big one for informing Russian government and paying official bribes i.e. periplanerovka for the permission to demo walls and the like. Just be quiet and do it fast! So the costs. All depends on the size of the wall. If it is a simple rroom partition. Figure 2 men 1 day. Go to Kashirskaaya Ryniok. You can get a couple guys for 1000r each. Your total cost: 2,000 r. They can easily do both walls in a day!

Next disposal. Do you have one of the big waste disposal containers in your yard? Is it empty? Can you like a mouse throw the crap in there before the old babushka across the courtyard starts screaming at you? if yes. Just throw the waste in your local container. If its not big enought then rent a dumpster. Cost: depending on who you call 2300p to about 4000p. One container is more than enough for 2 walls. it is all just plaster block, and wood anyways. Remember if you get guys do you have demolition tools i.e. couple crowbars and a sledge hammer, reg hammer, small mallet?