View Full Version : Work visa

29-09-2008, 00:33
hello all,

I'm currently in Moscow and I will be returning to the UK(edinburgh consulate) next week with my invitation for a work visa.

Now I have been informed that I will be issued, at first, with a 3-month visa and after I complete some papers with my future employer, when I return to Moscow, I will be given my 12 month work visa.

Can someone please advise me, at what part of the process do I need to produce a HIV certificate? At the Edinburgh consult or in Moscow when I return?

thanks for any advice:soccer:

30-09-2008, 15:51
At the consulate.

04-10-2008, 01:04
To my knowledge the Edinburgh consulate do not require an HIV cert, Only the one in London.

I'm from Glasgow, and was issued a student visa there earlier in the year.

06-10-2008, 14:55
Hi there, I applied for my visa from the Edinburgh consulate a few months ago. Although until recently an HIV certificate was not absolutely necessary, I believe that it now is. In any case, I was told that some people who applied without it had some problems. I handed my test results in with my application to the Edinburgh consulate.