PDA

View Full Version : Permanent residency received in 18 days!

Dashanew
26-09-2008, 20:23
This is not a joke. My husband (european union) received his permanent residence permit today,it is exactly 18 days he signed the application in the office of the migration service. He was in time to apply (more than one year with temporary permit, etc), and of course all documents and medical tests were made earlier. We had the chance to meet with one "interesting" person on this forum some months ago who made it possible by arranging an apointment with a big person in the right place. I already sent him an email but want to tell in public all our gratitude.It was very important for us for a few reasons,he perfectly understood and just accepted to help us.To reply in advance to all questions: We did not pay anything, we asked and he declined.But my husband and me will invite him in a good restaurant as soon as he can:)
Voila.We wish everybody to have the same result,even if it is a bit longer.
Dasha

kumarsidh
25-10-2008, 22:17
hi
volia ,,,,hey i am alsao wish to know the details ,,,i am from india ,,,,can u help me out ,,,,hey my email is PLEASE USE PM!..

hey please see whenever u open ur expat.ru than just sen d me a mail .,,

wish to be friends

ezik
01-11-2008, 20:37
Dasha,

Congratulations.

My experience is that if you get to speak to the big person in the right place, they can be very willing to help.

I got my TRP in 3 months, and no payment or presents were required.

The point is though that if you don't want to spend days in a queue, it is very important to have some contact that can fix you an appointment. ANd those contacts are always hard to come by.

You'll probably be flooded by requests of people wanting to use the same contact as you did? ;)

Bels
01-11-2008, 21:06
Yes it was seven months for me, but the service appears to be improving for the future, or is it just luck. Congratulations to you both, as you were quicker than I was, and believe me my wife is good at this sort of thing.

I can only assume the service has improved for the better.

ezik
01-11-2008, 22:29
Bels,
I'm not sure if the service is improving. Inevitably, the sudden run on TRPs must have enhanced the routine of the officials processing them. But after getting the TRP, I've still encountered quite a few unwilling clerks, sending me from here to there.
In my case, I was basically given a shortcut. And it was due to some contacts that happen to be of some importance to UFMS. So it was not the regular procedure.

Bels
01-11-2008, 23:03
What confuses me is that my wife is familure to the profession of the system in Russia, being a Russian , and with close communication to all Russian legal departments for many years, and also used to the legal systems of France and Britain, being a tour operator, giving advice to Russians and foreigners between those countries, yet sh could not speed up the process of TRP in the year 2007. So there must have been some improvements.

I must admit she does have negative feelings about Russians entering Britain in any way, in comparison to lets say France. I disagree with her, and the the internet shows no evidence in that factor. In fact what I have seen Britain is most welcoming providing forms are filled in honestly and correctly, without agents they are generally successful.

OK two sides, or have have we both got redtape problems :) I disagree.

ezik
01-11-2008, 23:33
I must say, that in general, I didn't find the TRP application process as hellish as I expected it to be.
At the medical checks, everyone was friendly and efficient. At UFMS, people are generally quite forthcoming as well, as long as you have sorted your paperwork well.
The big improvement, of course, would be if the immigration procedures would be published in some other languages apart from Russian. I think that still, a lot of immigrants get frustrated because they don't get the specifics about each and every document that is required.
The TRP application procedure is something far from rocket science. If you KNOW the exact requirements, it is actually a no-brainer, just some effort involved. Like in any other civilised country.
It gets painful if you apply and you don't know exactly what is being required. Then you get situations like standing in line for half a day, only to hear that your paperwork is not in order, without any proper recommendations. And if you don't speak Russian, or don't have a partner that speaks Russian, you are basically f***ed. But, again, how many people apply for a TRP that don't speak Russian or have a Russian speaking partner.
I think that the 6-7 months that are currently the norm for having a TRP request processed, are still valid. And given the amount of checks and dependency of UFMS on other bureaucratic organisations (I'm using the Weber definitions of bureaucracy, BTW), I do trust that this is the best they can do at the moment.
TRP application, just as many other bureaucratic processes in Russia, are still rather paper-based, i.e. not relying too much on linked computer databases. So it is relatively slow.
My experience is that, apart from a few Soviet-minded, unwilling clerks, most of the (remarkably young) staff of UFMS is trying to provide and improve service. The director of UFMS, whom I have met several times during my application, is a decent guy: hard-working, busy, but definitely concerned about the job he is doing.

BeachBum
02-11-2008, 15:59
I must say, that in general, I didn't find the TRP application process as hellish as I expected it to be.
At the medical checks, everyone was friendly and efficient. At UFMS, people are generally quite forthcoming as well, as long as you have sorted your paperwork well.
The big improvement, of course, would be if the immigration procedures would be published in some other languages apart from Russian. I think that still, a lot of immigrants get frustrated because they don't get the specifics about each and every document that is required.
The TRP application procedure is something far from rocket science. If you KNOW the exact requirements, it is actually a no-brainer, just some effort involved. Like in any other civilised country.
It gets painful if you apply and you don't know exactly what is being required. Then you get situations like standing in line for half a day, only to hear that your paperwork is not in order, without any proper recommendations. And if you don't speak Russian, or don't have a partner that speaks Russian, you are basically f***ed. But, again, how many people apply for a TRP that don't speak Russian or have a Russian speaking partner.
I think that the 6-7 months that are currently the norm for having a TRP request processed, are still valid. And given the amount of checks and dependency of UFMS on other bureaucratic organisations (I'm using the Weber definitions of bureaucracy, BTW), I do trust that this is the best they can do at the moment.
TRP application, just as many other bureaucratic processes in Russia, are still rather paper-based, i.e. not relying too much on linked computer databases. So it is relatively slow.
My experience is that, apart from a few Soviet-minded, unwilling clerks, most of the (remarkably young) staff of UFMS is trying to provide and improve service. The director of UFMS, whom I have met several times during my application, is a decent guy: hard-working, busy, but definitely concerned about the job he is doing.
We'll see. I just got my background checks done. FBI.. but the Apostille is dragging me down.. Thank god Im in law enforcement. Otherwise it would have taken some more time.. Hope that I can get speedy processing like all you guys did ! ))) congrats! ))

sytross
16-11-2008, 17:42
This is not a joke. My husband (european union) received his permanent residence permit today,it is exactly 18 days he signed the application in the office of the migration service. He was in time to apply (more than one year with temporary permit, etc), and of course all documents and medical tests were made earlier. We had the chance to meet with one "interesting" person on this forum some months ago who made it possible by arranging an apointment with a big person in the right place. I already sent him an email but want to tell in public all our gratitude.It was very important for us for a few reasons,he perfectly understood and just accepted to help us.To reply in advance to all questions: We did not pay anything, we asked and he declined.But my husband and me will invite him in a good restaurant as soon as he can:)
Voila.We wish everybody to have the same result,even if it is a bit longer.
Dasha

Hi there!
I am going to apply for PRP soon. They told me that I can do the medical tests in any place I want. Is it right? Also, do they stamp the PRP on your passport like the case with the TRP or they give you a separate card?? :11033:

Bels
16-11-2008, 23:32
Hi there!
I am going to apply for PRP soon. They told me that I can do the medical tests in any place I want. Is it right? Also, do they stamp the PRP on your passport like the case with the TRP or they give you a separate card?? :11033:

I recommend you take the medical tests on the list you will see at the FMS. I think it varies depending on which FMS you go to. But for me it was some checks in different clinics in Odentsova. and some way out by train in the middle of nowhere. And one in Moccow centre. Just check the list, and that's the recommended clinics you must go to.

Yes, once your application has been accepted. you will have to eventually have to hand in your passport to be stamped. In the meantime you will have a temprary card , with your photo on it. But you will eventually receive your passport with a simple stamp on the back. That's the end , untill you apply for permanent residency if you so wish.

raza
17-11-2008, 10:10
I had submitted my PRP papers last week and was told that it could take more then 2 months.i would like to know the fastest way or any contact, also would like to know what benefits I get after receiving PRP sooner or later. Do I need exit and entry visa every time when I fly out? Job, work permit? There is long list but these 3 are important questions.

onthegulf
13-12-2008, 07:56
Can you tell me, with PRP, must I stay in the country for a secific period of time, or may I leave the country for a year and return for 3 months then leave again? I am retired and receive my pension thru ATM card, any tax problems with that?