PDA

View Full Version : Needing a lighter mood! Proposal for heavy drinkers :-)

lifespree
26-09-2008, 16:22
Well, its Friday, the weekend's almost here and there's serious stuff pretty much everywhere you turn - let's lighten it! :fridaysign:

Well, I guess it took the Japanese to come up with this, the shift in the balance of their populations age distribution means there's lots of them falling over these days!

BBC NEWS | World | Asia-Pacific | People's airbag 'prevents injury' (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/7633989.stm)

Anyway, I just realised there's a significant secondary market for such a product - just imagine a full-on Expat Business mixer where there's a tad too much drinking taking place - so much safer if we're all wearing our "buckle-up, be pissed and stay safe" suits !:drink::10518::celebrate::beerbros:

The only downside is that we've all got to learn to only fall over backwards - but no doubt we could arrange regular weekly classes to perfect this. Maybe invite leading international tutors - it will take patience and effort but the results could well be worth it.

My only concern would be for those more generously-proportioned ladies among us whose beauty and natural assets mean that they would need to work that little harder to fall backwards :trampoline:

elis
26-09-2008, 18:42
From my experience, Tequila is the best thing to drink if you want to fall backwards. Many moons ago, during what I now call "my Tequila summer" there was more than one occassion when, after liberally imbibing many many shots of the stuff, my chair would inexplicably start leaning backwards and soon thereafter I would find myself staring at the ceiling.

:)

MissAnnElk
26-09-2008, 18:57
From my experience, Tequila is the best thing to drink if you want to fall backwards. Many moons ago, during what I now call "my Tequila summer" there was more than one occassion when, after liberally imbibing many many shots of the stuff, my chair would inexplicably start leaning backwards and soon thereafter I would find myself staring at the ceiling.

:)

That's so true! I remember a night in college, where my "Will" (to my "Grace") and I ended up in a bar, dong tequila shots. This involved him (and he was gorgeous), putting my leg up on the bar, licking my ankle, applying the salt, and then us doing the shots and shouting "TE-QUI-LA!" Then we played dance tunes on the juke box. Did I mention this was a total redneck, townie bar?

The evening culminated with us at the wrong after hours party . . . in the bathroom with a phone (this was still in the days of phones with cords), trying to remember numbers of friends so we could call them and encourage them to join us, although we didn't know the address.

The next morning, while having brunch at "Will's" house, I backed off the deck and landed in the hosta lilies.

MONTHS later, I was at another party. It was one of those evenings where I scanned the crowd upon entering, and realized there was no Prince Charming there for me. But, for some reason (loyalty to the hosts? a delightful pair of Irish Catholic lads . . . one pre-med and one pre-law . . . rugby players, both), I stuck it out for a while.

Eventually, I see, coming my way, Foreign Student (think that scene in Animal House when they put all the foreign guys on the couch during rush . . . Mohammed, Mohammed, and Assam . . .).

"Where's your boyfriend," he says, hopeful.

"Boyfriend?" I'm stumped.

"Yeah, I saw you in The Union once with a tall guy. Doing tequila shots . . ."

Time to go home!

Julianna
26-09-2008, 19:45
Well, its Friday, the weekend's almost here and there's serious stuff pretty much everywhere you turn - let's lighten it! :fridaysign:

Well, I guess it took the Japanese to come up with this, the shift in the balance of their populations age distribution means there's lots of them falling over these days!

BBC NEWS | World | Asia-Pacific | People's airbag 'prevents injury' (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/7633989.stm)

Anyway, I just realised there's a significant secondary market for such a product - just imagine a full-on Expat Business mixer where there's a tad too much drinking taking place - so much safer if we're all wearing our "buckle-up, be pissed and stay safe" suits !:drink::10518::celebrate::beerbros:

The only downside is that we've all got to learn to only fall over backwards - but no doubt we could arrange regular weekly classes to perfect this. Maybe invite leading international tutors - it will take patience and effort but the results could well be worth it.

My only concern would be for those more generously-proportioned ladies among us whose beauty and natural assets mean that they would need to work that little harder to fall backwards :trampoline:

So you going to get drunk tonight?

OuterSpace
26-09-2008, 22:26
i dont know who is drunk now know but i can say i am really drunck :D

i drunk at least 15 vodka shots or something in our corporate party and just know i hardly wrote this words :D

i needed to correct all words :D

it is nice to be drunk sometimes but not always :mml:

Judge
26-09-2008, 22:39
Heavy drinker?, not me, i'm tea total.

Shame on you all.:rolleyes:

Julianna
27-09-2008, 02:52
Heavy drinker?, not me, i'm tea total.

Shame on you all.:rolleyes:

Oh yes you are and thats why your rum is always gone :11158: