PDA

View Full Version : Some lighthearted fun from the late George Carlin

MissAnnElk
24-09-2008, 16:24
Making fun of American sports . . . I hadn't thought of this in a while. It's very American.

YouTube- Baseball vs Football

Judge
24-09-2008, 17:12
Very good, I have learnt so much about these two sports in 5 mins than I would in my lifetime..
last bit was very funny,Baseball, all they wanna do is go home and be safe..

MissAnnElk
24-09-2008, 17:47
Very good, I have learnt so much about these two sports in 5 mins than I would in my lifetime..
last bit was very funny,Baseball, all they wanna do is go home and be safe..

Back in the Stone Age, when I had a job, lived in Miami, and didn't have kids, I found myself, on more than one occasion, at a Marlins game with a European guest, trying to explain baseball.

My fellow Americans: imagine trying to explain this to someone French, for example. Someone with no idea how it works. Try explaining the beauty of a perfectly pitched ball game . . . how this becomes MORE interesting the LESS happens!
:Loco::Loco::Loco:

Len Ganley Stance
24-09-2008, 19:11
Back in the Stone Age, when I had a job, lived in Miami, and didn't have kids, I found myself, on more than one occasion, at a Marlins game with a European guest, trying to explain baseball.

My fellow Americans: imagine trying to explain this to someone French, for example. Someone with no idea how it works. Try explaining the beauty of a perfectly pitched ball game . . . how this becomes MORE interesting the LESS happens!
:Loco::Loco::Loco:

You should try and explain Cricket to someone who has never seen the game. So for the benefit of those who don't understand the game -

Cricket Explained :

You have two sides, one out in and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out and when he's out comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in out. Sometimes, there are men still in and not out . There are men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. Depending on the weather and the light, the umpires can also send everybody in, no matter if they're in or out. When both sides have been in and all the men are out (including those who are not out), then the game is finished.

Perfectly clear in my opinion.

Sidney Bliss
24-09-2008, 19:18
Once heard an argument about cricket where the first party claimed that a "chap who likes his cricket couldn't possibly be an ar*ehole". The reply "Geoffrey Boycott" ended the argument. "Beefy Botham" probably would have had the same effect.