PDA

View Full Version : shelters

simone
24-09-2008, 10:25
Hi animal lovers,
I have been in the shelter again this weekend, after a long time. Its so sad and only one of the many shelters Moscow has.
Anyway, i would like to advertise some puppies from there, which urgently (like the whole rest of 2000 dogs and cats) need a home.
I just wish for these that they find a home before they will live all their lives in these box.
I just have seen on dog this time again, he lives in the same box since he is a puppy, i remember him well, because i managed to find a place for his sister in Switzerland a year ago, but he didnt have that chance.
So maybe some of these puppies lives can be saved?
If you are interested, please personal contact me, if you are interested in cats and dogs in general, maybe it doesn't need to be a puppy, but one other adult dog or cat? It every size and shape, every temper and character. They all want to have a better life.
Thanx!
Simona

simone
24-09-2008, 10:33

simone
24-09-2008, 10:36

simone
24-09-2008, 10:40
all sizes, ages, shapes:

simone
24-09-2008, 10:44
more images:

simone
24-09-2008, 10:46
sweetie!

bobbik
19-10-2008, 11:57
You don't mention which shelter this is and where it is located. You are welcome to send me more information about the shelter and the animals that need new homes (contact details for the shelter or a volunteer, preferably an English-speaker, are mandatory). I will then post the info on Moscow Animals - devoted to the welfare of homeless animals (http://www.moscowanimals.org)

simone
20-10-2008, 12:52
You don't mention which shelter this is and where it is located. You are welcome to send me more information about the shelter and the animals that need new homes (contact details for the shelter or a volunteer, preferably an English-speaker, are mandatory). I will then post the info on Moscow Animals - devoted to the welfare of homeless animals (http://www.moscowanimals.org)
Its a pulic shelter, not a private one, therefore i need to treat the info a bit differently. I can't say: its terrible there, thats the address, go and pick a dog.
They would never let me back in there. I was already almost locked out 2 years ago. I bought to Switzerland a young female. I let her be fixed in Russia at the shelters vet before, it a very simple operation, and doesnt need a high end surgent. But he messed it up. :thumbdwn: we spend on the dog in Switzerland around 2000 bucks! Not that its not worth the money, but with this money we could have saved an other 10 dogs!
Anyway: i was complaining and it caused, that they don't give dogs to foreigners anymore. Because the are "afraid of the bad international reputation"!!! ;) So when I want to help a dog, we need to make the papers on a Russian citizian and then pass them over.
But i am sure they would not mind, if we advertise the dogs on your site, i just think its not possible to have the address on a foreign page dedicated to Expats.
That way its ok too. I stopped wondering about these kind of Russian originalities a long time ago. ;)
The way to do it: I can pass you always pictures on. When somebody is interested, we can bring the person there. I can also set you up with a guy from the shelter, who can welcome you.
PS: Would you like to meet me sometime? ;) I was always about to try to meet somebody from your organization.
I wouldnt mind to be active within an organization. I have some ideas, and cant do it all by my self.
Best, Simona

katherine1960
23-05-2009, 17:59
I live on a farm in Tennessee.My daughter will be in russia next month and would like to adopt a few kittens or cats.Does anyone have any contact information or information regarding how well they are treated on the flight back to us. Kathy

katherine1960
23-05-2009, 18:32
Simone, can you help us get the black and white kitten to tennessee?The first one with the white paws.

simone
24-05-2009, 09:29
Simone, can you help us get the black and white kitten to tennessee?The first one with the white paws.

Hi Katherine,
Oh, its sounds great!! Thank you for the will of adopting a cat.
The black and white kitten is no kitten anymore. Time gos fast for little animals. And am am very sad to say, that there was an virus in the shelter sometime before Xmas, so last time i went, i didn't see the black and white one anymore.
If you send me an email address, i can send you pictures of a litter my friend found in a factory he works. These might be interesting for you.
In any case we will find the right kitty for you.
About the flight:
Aeroflot is pretty great with animals, i moved with 2 cats and 2 dogs to Beirut 3 months ago and the regulation usually says no more than 2 animals by person, but i could take all 4 and the two cats even in the cabinet.
Of course the animals don't like to flight, but it depends also about there character; one of my cat even seemed to like the excitement. ;)
Anyway, try to get a direct flight, but if you have the cat in the cabin, even a changing flight should be no problem.
Paperwork: Check with a vet back home what paperwork you need if you import a cat from Russia. (you can also find the information on the internet on "import/export regulations of living animals for the States", or similar. Just make sure its a updates and official site, because they change the regulations often and quick) But i know from friends that America is not difficult, not as England or Australia. And the papers can be done in Moscow without problem.
Lets email, its easier.
Cheers
s

franzewich
24-05-2009, 12:05
... sadly, if you want a pet - just take your pick on the streets! I adopted a stray cat from my construction site. Squatters who had to leave just dumped her. A very pretty and intelligent cat. I took care of her for about 6 months and then brought her to my daughter. The cat (I named her "Stoyka", which made the vet here in Moscow really laugh!) is now living a happy life in Germany.

But, of course, adopting a pet from the animal shelter is a good idea, since apparently the animals are being killed after a certain amout of time - no money to keep them alive!

katherine1960
24-05-2009, 19:29
Thank you so much for writing back. I will be sending you a private message with my email.

katherine1960
24-05-2009, 19:54
That is so sad.We have a brand new shelter here that is state of the art and children and teens are used as volunteers to play and socialize the animals.After seeing those pictures, it was heartbreaking.We have 5 rescue dogs and can take no more.Although we are on 70 acres it is the frontline and interceptor for them that is expensive..we would have taken several of those beautiful cats, they wouldn't have lasted and hour here, people would have taken them immediately.The main thing I am worried about is feline distemper.I don't want to bring that back with us.My daughter will be contacting you via private email and hopefully you can rec a good vet that will give the correct vaccinations.In crowded condiitons like that one ill animal can infect all so quickly.It is so sad, that those cats fell ill.I am sure you can steer her to others though.Thank you so much for writing us back.Kathy