PDA

View Full Version : Pub Quiz

ezik
24-09-2008, 08:42
QUIZ NIGHT Thursday 25th September

Everybody loves a quiz night — the tension, the competition, the beer drinking.

The pub quiz has become an established feature of modern social life. Thousands people make a regular journey, rain or shine, to their local for the evening to pit their knowledge against their fellows while enjoing a drink or two in convivial surroundings.

We will be holding a Quiz Night on Thursday 25th September at Papa’s. If you have not been to one of Quiz Nights before, do come along - they are great fun! Participants are seated in tables of up to eight so either bring some friends or come on your own and we will seat you on a table with other small groups.

You will need to arrive in the club at 7.30 pm for a 8.00 pm SHARP start.

There is no entrance fee. As well as a fun night of entertainment and racking of brains you will be able to enjoy some wonderful food and drinks from the menu…this unfortunately is at your own expense. Some prises are waiting for winners!

Contact Natalia Popova for details

RhythMasteR
24-09-2008, 09:02
I've never been to any pub quiz, it would be interesting to join but I'm finishing job and coming to center only at 8pm, so for me, not possible...

Anyway, thursday is a night for some other place for me, thanks for invitation...

Poirot
24-09-2008, 14:35
Quiz Nights are really good fun. I once won a prize of a meal for 2 to be eaten any place in Moscow - turned out to be 2 packets of chips.
Why do you always arrange your best get together and fun nights when I'm out of Moscow? Do you wait to see me get on the plane? That's not a question for the quiz night by the way!

But here's are a couple of my favourite tricky questions;

1. In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution?
2. How long did the Hundred Years War last?

Best of luck to everyone who will be there on Thursday - have a great time.

Answers:
1. November
2. 116

Poirot's little grey cells know everything!

Natalia Popova
24-09-2008, 22:46
We are inviting everybody! Doesn't matter which language you use Russian or English. Our quiz master speaks both.
Lady's team is great idea! We'll see who is the best!

DJ Biscuit
25-09-2008, 11:49
I will be there - I am interested to find out what these 'prises' things are...

Natalia Popova
25-09-2008, 12:20

But what do you prefer? A bottle of champagne or meal for two?

Runaway
25-09-2008, 13:26

Dude I heard you were the quiz master, if you don't know who does?:confused1:

DJ Biscuit
25-09-2008, 13:54
I am, but I was expecting prizes not prises.

J.D.
25-09-2008, 13:54
That's one of the questions.

Q:What is the prize for trivia night?

A: Something trivial

Runaway
25-09-2008, 15:35
I am, but I was expecting prizes not prises.

So regardless of the lack of sleep and another Monday in the week I will be there as always if for nothing else other then listen to you host in Russian:rasta::11157:

Natalia Popova
26-09-2008, 16:23
Big thanks to everybody who came along to the Quiz Night at Papa's last night. Especially big thanks to Doug and Runaway who made everyone very welcome – the free drinks are wonderful. The picture round had everyone in stitches of laughter and was great success. I met some really nice new friends and am looking forward to next time!