PDA

View Full Version : Whats happening at EIS

Cammy
22-09-2008, 20:06
I was stronglyrecommended to send my child to EIS. After an interview with the Head and meeting the teacher in May (Year 2) I was very happy to send my child to the school. I was told the teachers were dedicated, well qualified and communicated effectively with parents. Since our arrival the teacher I met has left and teaching seems somewhat chaotic. There is no communication and all that was promised has diappeared. It appears that AAS, the International school and BIS are full. Is this normally how schools operate here?

nyinrussia
25-09-2008, 14:00
Honestly I don't know, but I just wanted to reccomend (as a former teacher) if you have concerns to make an appointment with the head master and the new teacher to address them.

andyb
29-09-2008, 23:25
I would also like to know what is happening at EIS. I will take the last posts advice and see the head teacher, I think. My child was in year two last semester and I was very happy. The teacher was great: always available to help and she supported my child, who had some difficulties. Now my child is in year three and the new teacher speaks poor English and we as parents are even questioning her qualifications.

Isabel.N
08-12-2008, 10:25
Dear Andy B

I am moving to Moscow with my family and had almost decided to send my child to EIS. Your post and a couple of others have worried me and I am trying to find out more.

Can you update me about EIS? Did you solve your problems regarding the Y3 teacher? Is she a qualified teacher?

Any comments would be much appreciated.