PDA

View Full Version : The 90 day rule and TPR

byrneofmoscow
22-09-2008, 14:15
According to the FMS a decision on my TPR is due about 3 weeks. My current visa runs out on 4th Oct. I spent 10 days out of Russia in the period of my current visa. (90 day rule applies to my current visa) Does anybody know if I add 10 days to the 4 th of October, which would bring me into line with the decision time line on my TPR. Any advice you can give.

Its a close cut but I want to stay on the right side of the FMS.
Если Вы русскоговорящий и можете мне посоветовать что-то,пожалуйста,помогите в этом вопросе.

Silverdragon
22-09-2008, 15:12
Lift phone dial numbers.... :))))

nyinrussia
22-09-2008, 15:24
If your visa runs out you have to leave on or before it runs out. If you have a valid application for TRP that has already been recieved and you are awaiting there decision; then the 90 day out rule does not apply. My visa ran out about 2 weeks before I recieved my TRP this past July/Aug and that was what the local FMS agent told my husband.

MaltSokol
23-09-2008, 12:54
If you have a valid application for TRP that has already been recieved and you are awaiting there decision; then the 90 day out rule does not apply.

By "received" do you mean "issued in passport" or "request accepted"?
Well, I was told the contrary in UFMS, that I would have to do a couple of visa runs.
But indeed that would be logical. Well, it would be more logical to have a some kind of single-entry 6 month private visa invited by your spouse while you await your TRP to be issued, instead of using tricky commercial visas.

TonyP
24-09-2008, 00:56
Yes there does seem to be some abiguity here but the consensus would imply that the key difference is between application and acceptance. The moment your TMP has been accepted then your old visa is cancelled and until that time your are still subject to 90 day rule. My TMP was granted on July 15th but I was not informed until August 15th, I was then given seven days to make new registration and now I am in the process of making my first exit visa.

:7534:

nyinrussia
24-09-2008, 09:06
Clarification When you hand in the application, once they initial accepted it, In the beggining the 90 day rule no longer applies. However,if your visa runs out then yes you must leave the country. Hence Alberto you were told you will have to do a couple of visa runs which could be true... depending when your visa is valid to and when you get your official TRP the stamp in your passport.

nyinrussia
24-09-2008, 09:13
Yes there does seem to be some abiguity here but the consensus would imply that the key difference is between application and acceptance. The moment your TMP has been accepted then your old visa is cancelled and until that time your are still subject to 90 day rule. My TMP was granted on July 15th but I was not informed until August 15th, I was then given seven days to make new registration and now I am in the process of making my first exit visa.

:7534:
As always there are contradictions within what the local FMS told each of us... I can just say for myself I was not out of the country for 90 days.

MaltSokol
24-09-2008, 10:41
Clarification When you hand in the application, once they initial accepted it, In the beggining the 90 day rule no longer applies. However,if your visa runs out then yes you must leave the country.

Well, at least there is now a solution for those awaiting TRP on a ME commercial visa. Слава Богу.
I'll do my visa run to Helsinki in 2 weeks to get my private visa. They told me on the phone that they will do me 24-hour processing for 70 EUR... WeŽll see if this turns out to be true...
:)

byrneofmoscow
24-09-2008, 13:10
Hi

Thanks for all the advice, but I wish to make myself clear. I have a six month multi entry visa issued on the 4th of July,( 04-07-2008 untill 31-12-2008) I have an entry in my visa for 90 days out of every 180 days. I was out of the country for 10 days. Does 90 days mean 90 actual days in Russia or 90 calendar days.. from 04-07-2008 untill 04-10-2008. Or may I prolong my stay by 10 days.

It appears that.. as I have submitted forms for TR that I may stay in Russia, however I believe I need a sprafka from the FMS, has anybody been throught this process.

MaltSokol
24-09-2008, 14:29
It means 90 days in Russia. If you have been from 04/JULY having been absent for 10 days.... 27 days in July + 31 in August + 30 in september - 10 out + 12 in october = 90
My calculations say that you may stay until 12/OCTOBER, observing the 90/180 rule.
The days start counting when you enter the country. For example, if your visa was issued on 04/JULY, but you entered on 10/JULY, those days don't count. This would mean that you could stay until 18/OCTOBER.

When you submit your TRP application you are given a spravka that confirms when did you apply, at what department, for what document (РВП) and the inspector's signature. Is this what you mean? (CIS citizens are not given a separate spravka, but the spravka is written on the back side of the migration card)

According to your visa, and providing that your FMS applies what nyinrussia says, you could prolong your stay until the end of December.

Maybe the 90/180 does not apply, and maybe they'll prolong your registration without you leaving the country (remember that registrations could not be longer than 3 months? Are you exempt of this too??), who knows...

Best solution: go to your FMS and talk to the nachalnik. That's the only on who can clarify this with no doubt.

TonyP
25-09-2008, 19:03
Best solution: go to your FMS and talk to the nachalnik. That's the only on who can clarify this with no doubt.

I don't think its quite so simple :nut: While waiting for the ink to dry in my passport I asked the nachalnik when I could apply for permanent residency and he said that I could do it straight away. I have yet to find someone that agrees with him.
:9451:

byrneofmoscow
01-11-2008, 13:51
I went to the FMS annd asked the answer is you have to leave, when your visa runs out.

ezik
01-11-2008, 20:27
The only right answer.

Conditions on a visa never change, unless they are replaced with those of a new visa or another document that allows staying in Russia, like a TRP.

The 90 days are not 'reset' when you have filed your TRP application. And even if you would get an UFMS officer to prolong your registration (not unthinkable), you'll still likely to get into trouble at passport control or when applying for a new visa. Remember why passport control always takes so long: every page, visa and stamp is being looked at, compared with info in the computer system, etc, etc. Your entrace and exit dates are what matters to the passport control officer. And they don't care about your (prolonged) registration.

Since October 17th 2008, there are no more multiple entry business visas anymore that were issued under the old rules. Before that time, the 90 day rule could still be interpreted more flexibly...