PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday Night Business Mixer

Runaway
22-09-2008, 13:50
Hi everyone, sorry I missed everyone last week but I had a date with the Flu that kept me on the couch.

Ok, this Wednesday. I am not going to tell you anything except to come and have a good time, meet new friends, shake hands with old acquaintances, and knock back a few of your favorite specials.

The dance floor will be open and the music kicks off at 9pm, so feel free to stick around and have a good evening. If you have never attended well shame on you and don’t do it again!

This Wednesday’s Specials

Miller Genuine Draft bottles 0.5 - 60 rubles

Pints of Bochka -. 60 Rubles

Champagne - 60 Rubles

Tequila shots – 60 rubles

Rum and Cola – 60 Rubles

Whiskey Cola – 60 Rubles

Papa's

ул. Мясницкая, д. 22

Метро:

Чистые пруды
Телефон:

(495) 755-95-54

http://www.papas.ru/

A little history…

Expat/Russian business mixers

Wednesdays have long been a traditional night in Moscow for Expats and their Russian colleges to meet and greet. The idea of the night is to meet with fellow business people reviving old contacts and maybe establishing some new.
The idea started here in the mid to late nineties. In the early part of 2000 the nights split into a couple of groups because different issues and "Meeting Point" as well as the "Alternative" night (Sponsored by Runaway Promotions) continued well into 2005. Since that time there has been an absence of such mixers.
The past year we have made an effort to revive those nights which we started out doing a Wednesday night every now and then at the Shamrock, Hemingway's, and now Papa’s. I must admit the response has been more then favorable and a lot of newcomers have joined in on the fun so why not come along for the ride.

What's the worse thing can happen? You could have a little fun?
Hope to see you there!

DJ Biscuit
23-09-2008, 11:25
I will be celebrating, don't worry I will be under control, but celebrating nonetheless. I just quit my job which was sucking the life out of me in order to follow a dream I suppose. As of the beginning of next month I will be spending my time writing and doing other silly things like that instead of doing an honest day's work...

Runaway
23-09-2008, 12:38
Mr. DJ Biscuit a soon to be star of the Russia TV airwaves (well he already is a star for those of you that know him) has agreed to come and spin our favorite DJ for us tomorrow night.
:1306:

Get ready because with Chris at the helm of the turntables you just never know what will happen!
:10806:

DJ Biscuit
23-09-2008, 12:45
Get ready because with Chris at the helm of the turntables you just never know what will happen!
:10806:

I don't even know myself!

It should be fun, I am rested, in a boss mood and feeling i-ree!

Andy B
23-09-2008, 13:44
Won't be able to make it ths week, but will be back next week and will be there for sure... DJB keep some of the celebrations for when I get back!!

DJ Biscuit
23-09-2008, 13:48
Will do, looking forward to seeing you mate.

RhythMasteR
24-09-2008, 09:33
I will be celebrating, don't worry I will be under control, but celebrating nonetheless.

Looking forward for your style of celebration tonight :D :D :D

Runaway
24-09-2008, 12:18
DJ are you ready? I am having another Monday :eek:and I need a Wednesday night out, so tonight it is my turn to go crazy:mooooh:

Runaway
24-09-2008, 12:19
Hey Cookie Monster!

What's this Maybe stuff?

RhythMasteR
24-09-2008, 12:23
DJ are you ready? I am having another Monday :eek:and I need a Wednesday night out, so tonight it is my turn to go crazy:mooooh:

What he will be playing, I'm excited coz I have no idea about his style, I hope I will not be disappointed :D :D :D

cookie monster
24-09-2008, 16:04
Hey Cookie Monster!

What's this Maybe stuff?

Got a catering contract for 6 days straight, so have been extremely busy, tired and stressed out plus lack of sleep... So it's a maybe for tonight, I'm poofed need some sleep... Wish it was Sunday already, but reality 3 more days of catering...

But will try my best to pop-in even for a Beer... which I badly need right now...

Cheers...

RhythMasteR
24-09-2008, 18:38
Only a few hours left, get ready people :)

RhythMasteR
25-09-2008, 10:20
It was a nice atmosphere, nice music, nice time...Couldnt meet everyone but was glad to join you and a chance to meet some of you face to face...

RhythMasteR
25-09-2008, 18:47
By the way, I was suppose to meet with Zyablik in metro and come to place together, but because of my friends, I was late and kept her there around 20minutes. In front of all of you, I am sorry Zyablik, it was not in my hand.

Zyablik
25-09-2008, 20:53
:voodoo::D

YouTube- To Late To Apologize Lyrics

The Traveler
25-09-2008, 21:55
Well I for one had a super time, and it was great to see everybody! So thank you all for the great time! However...umm...I don't know who any of you are on here, so if you get a chance, drop me a PM so I can match people and avatars! :)

Sidney Bliss
25-09-2008, 22:00
Well I for one had a super time, and it was great to see everybody! So thank you all for the great time! However...umm...I don't know who any of you are on here, so if you get a chance, drop me a PM so I can match people and avatars! :)

I was the bird with the plunging cleavage and the Minnie Mouse tattoo on her left cheek.

OuterSpace
25-09-2008, 22:40
I was there yesterday and i also enjoyed very much..

I talked with lots of people but unfortunately i could not hear their member names because of the loud or just forgot it :)

I remember Kalinka,Andorea78 and his friend (sorry i dont remember his name also) Traveller,RhythMasteR and of course RunawayExpress and DJ Biscuit

and also there were 2 guys from forum and i suppose they came just for dancing/talking with only girls and they did not care us and also did not intend introduce themself :D (or maybe i did not see..)

RhythMasteR
25-09-2008, 23:06
Well, I didnt know that I broke your heart soo much with 20 minutes. Yes, maybe you didnt deserve to wait, you were sick, you just wanted to come to place because of our chats many days; but I also dont deserve such punishment with this video, what is too late haa, what I did sooo bad, ohh GOD ???? pfftt

RhythMasteR
25-09-2008, 23:09
I talked with lots of people but unfortunately i could not remember their member names because of the loud or jut forgot it :)

Yes, I have exactly the same problem :D

and also there were 2 guys from forum and i suppose they came just for dancing/talking with only girls and they did not care us and also did not intend introduce themself

You enjoyed yourself last night?, then that is what all matters. WHo cares about the rest.......

RhythMasteR
26-09-2008, 00:30
Propaganda, wait, Im coming :verycool::verycool::verycool: :D

Runaway
26-09-2008, 11:03
I am glad everyone had a good time! See you next week

Runaway
26-09-2008, 11:57
oh and by the way, I look just like my avatar so I shouldn't be hard to find :beerbros:

OuterSpace
26-09-2008, 13:51
oh and by the way, I look just like my avatar so I shouldn't be hard to find :beerbros:

:D

Tara2007
26-09-2008, 16:23
I was on Wednesday too, fortunately I met 2 girls from forum before, so we sit together and talked, plus I had one phone of the forum member and we talked as well, for the next time may be it's better to exchange with phone numbers or put a sign "expat" on the desk, what do you think?

lifespree
26-09-2008, 16:36
I think having a mobile phone number of at least one "regular" in advance of arriving at Papa's would be a great help for all newbies or people who've never been to one of these events.

Of course its meant to be fun so I'd dread to call it "partnering" or seeing people have to be mentoring hosts. But it seems that most people are arriving at different times with some people knowing almost everyone but others knowing no-one.

I'm sure more people would want to attend too if they could be sure there was at least one person that they could call when they arrive who would introduce them to others.

RhythMasteR
26-09-2008, 17:46
I'm sure more people would want to attend too if they could be sure there was at least one person that they could call when they arrive who would introduce them to others.

Yes, if that "introducing" part was done properly by the people who know eahother already, I could meet everyone also. There were many people in the same area, but I didnt know who is from forum or who is whose friend, all I met was by my work, and a small help of OuterSpace...

OuterSpace
26-09-2008, 22:45
Yes, if that "introducing" part was done properly by the people who know eahother already, I could meet everyone also. There were many people in the same area, but I didnt know who is from forum or who is whose friend, all I met was by my work, and a small help of OuterSpace...

Actually my friend because of i saw some of the member`s response when i say `Are you from Expat Forum` and saw just yes `No any other info or any smile or any saying about his/her member name i gave up asked that questions..

Thanks to Kalinka she called me and invited our expat.ru group member crowd.

But i still dont know some people member names or names from at that night who i did not introduce myself or ask them whether they are from expat forum or not ( i believe %100 they were from forum) because of sometimes i would get not so friendly response...

Anyway if they want to join our crowd/gang or whatever it called it is their decision i can not force anything to them...

But finally i can say i was happy to be there at Wednesday night and will be there next Wednesday!

OuterSpace
26-09-2008, 22:56
I was on Wednesday too, fortunately I met 2 girls from forum before, so we sit together and talked, plus I had one phone of the forum member and we talked as well, for the next time may be it's better to exchange with phone numbers or put a sign "expat" on the desk, what do you think?

it is good idea Tara for able to keep in touch and feel for relaxed
I think we should find some method in advance especially for firstcomers...

I am not sure wearing expat stikers or something like that would not be appropriate but it is better find a solution especially for people shy like at me.. :D :D

Dilek
27-09-2008, 20:57
Runaway, maybe you can put somewhere on site photo of you. how does it sound? Phones do not work in the basement ;)

Tara2007
28-09-2008, 00:47
Phones are working in the basement, I checked on Wednesday. :11158:

The Traveler
28-09-2008, 01:03
It depends on where you are. Signal...no signal. Signal...no signal. I had three with me, and they all did the same thing. If you sit at the bar, near the entrance, they tend to keep the signal better.

DJ Biscuit
28-09-2008, 11:59
Runaway, maybe you can put somewhere on site photo of you. how does it sound? Phones do not work in the basement ;)

If you check out Runaway's profile there is a photo of him on the right hand side.

Phones work in the seated area but not up by the dance floor area.

Natkin
28-09-2008, 17:28

Well, this person can approach any English speaking table and introduce himself/herself. The worse reply will be Nice to meet you. The best - offer of a drink. Always works for me:):gorgeous:

Oh if you are too shy - ask anyone, and I mean ANYONE about Don Runaway and Chris DJ Biscuit, and you will be taken to meet these guys. They will happily introduce you to the rest!!!
:mml: