PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a flat share in St. Petersburg

Katie M
22-09-2008, 02:07
Hi,

I'm moving to St. Petersburg in a week's time and need to find accommodation. I'd quite like to live with someone else so was looking to find a flatshare - does anyone know of any websites (like gumtree perhaps?) that might advertise flatshares? Websites in English or Russian are fine.

Thank you!

maydeeone
22-09-2008, 02:46
Hey Katie,

I live in saint petersburg, i am a teacher at the french school in mayakovskovo, so how long time do you plane to stay there?

Perhaps i can meet you next week to know what are you exactly looking for?

my number is at this time : + 336 64 54 05 26

you can send me sms

Spring Fairy
26-10-2008, 14:47
Hello, Katie!

Sharing flats is not very common in Russia. Mostly students do so, but they usually find each other at the universities.

If you know some Russian and prefer to have a flat for yourself, look at http://www.bn.ru/zap_ar_w.phtml or buy a "Бюллетень недвижимости" (a paper addition of what is online). That is the most comprehensive source of flats to rent or buy in St. Petersburg. They publish new offers every Monday.

If you have any other questions, leave me a message.
Good luck!

Sasha.

Isabel Lily
23-12-2009, 23:30
hi,
a friend and i are looking for a flat, preferably near the marinsky. did you have any luck with estate agents or flatshare websites?

thanks!

ndemeis
05-01-2010, 18:57
Isabel,

I have a friend, a guy i work with, who just moved from his flat by the Mariinsky. It might still be available and you can bypass the agent fee. I will try to get a hold of him, he may have left for China but will let you know if you interested.

ndemeis
05-01-2010, 18:59
Oh and flat shares are pretty common here. They are easy to find as there are many teachers and students who come for a year and are looking to share rooms. I actually lived with Katie last year and moved again with no problem to a new flat share as well. It may take a week or two but for anyone looking they are definitely available and not to hard to locate.

bilverstone29
13-01-2010, 19:38
Hi Katie,

Try flatmates.ru (but it's not that often updated), easyroomate.ru or have a search on the many groups on vkontakte (type in 'sdam/snimu' (in cyrillic obviously)) or have a look on the russian live journal communities (livejournal.ru/communities). Alternatively, just scroll down the topics on the st p forum on here and there's a guy offering rooms for 400 euro/month (for ones in the centre it might not be that bad a deal, depending what the euro rate is now).

Hope this helps. Good luck - I've found that flat/room hunting in St. P can be difficult and lots of landlords want you to see the place and move in straight away (so they get money asap) and trying to avoid agents can be hard.

Patate
13-04-2010, 18:49
Hey there,

I currently study Political Science in France, I'm in my 2nd year now.
I'll be moving to Saint Petersburg in September for 2 semesters and I would like to share a flat with some Expats/Russians, Students/Travellers/others.
Does anyone have contacts, knows someone who'll rent out a room?

Thanks a bunch!

anciullo
20-04-2010, 15:38
I am new to this site and still cannot really understand when messages are old or new posted, anyway today is April 20,2010 and I have a nice large apartment, my flat mate is going back home so I am taking into consideration the idea of sharing if I find a suitable person before deciding for a smaller flat. This is very central located, nevsky pr., the available bedroom very nice with private bath, jacuzzi shower etc., ready for more info if requested, ciao