PDA

View Full Version : calling all luxury expats

ezekielp
19-09-2008, 16:51
Hey expats!

We here at the Moscow Guide (magazine put out by The Moscow Times) are performing our quarterly search for participants in our beloved Community section, where we photograph and interview YOU (that is, different groups of expats!) for our magazine. This issue, we'd like the section to include people who work in various luxury industries, since we have an article about the craze still gripping Moscow over "elitnost" and luxury, as well as a feature devoted to some of the coolest stuff to be shown at the Millionaire Fair. So, we're looking for people who work at any places where the focus, or part of the focus, is luxury, such as:

- luxury hotels (representative at Ritz-Carlton, Hilton, any of the other fine institutions of this city)

- luxury residential properties

- luxury liquor companies

- luxury cars, yachts, planes

- luxury fashion labels and jewelry

- luxury restaurants

- anything else luxury.

Representatives, CEOs, salespeople, anyone working for companies in these industries (who is an expat) would be great! Here's a link to the online version of our magazine for those unfamiliar with its stunning beauty:

Moscow Guide (http://guides.moscowtimes.ru/)

Contacts of acquaintances, friends, spouses, etc. would be just as appreciated as people who actually work at such places.

Thanks so much, expats!

Zhenulka
19-09-2008, 20:51
Aren't the locals from the same industries good enough for you?

Albertina
19-09-2008, 21:00
But it's good to have the contact details for the future... maybe I'll have some interesting story :bookworm:

OuterSpace
19-09-2008, 22:55
i hate luxury.And it is pity for that money for buying this kind of stuff..

If one day i would be really rich person even that time i would not buy that kind stuff stuff..

I dont like to go any luxury restraurant for just because its name or fame or dont want to wear a suit just for its fancy brand.I would buy them if they are really good quailty and deserve that money.At that time price is not so important because they deserve its prices..

I suppose that money which consumed for luxury stuff is not well deserved and it is kind of easy money.If that people earned that money in fair and hard working conditions they would think twice before consume it..

PS:ezekielp plese dont offend.I am speaking generally... Target is not you

Albertina
19-09-2008, 23:04
Lol, in the economy luxury goods are considered to be made to redistribute the surplus of income/money of the uber-rich. It's good that they create jobs!
Let them show off. After I saw the new Burberry sign the size of a real horse, I invested in Luxury goods market (thinking about Russians and Chinese that can't get enough of it :D)! :iloveyou:

i hate luxury.And it is pity for that money for buying this kind of stuff..

If one day i would be really rich person even that time i would not buy that kind stuff stuff..

I dont like to go any luxury restraurant for just because its name or fame or dont want to wear a suit just for its fancy brand.I would buy them if they are really good quailty and deserve that money.At that time price is not so important because they deserve its prices..

I suppose that money which consumed for luxury stuff is not well deserved and it is kind of easy money.If that people earned that money in fair and hard working conditions they would think twice before consume it..

PS:ezekielp plese dont offend.I am speaking generally... Target is not you

Judge
19-09-2008, 23:09
Lol, in the economy luxury goods are considered to be made to redistribute the surplus of income/money of the uber-rich. It's good that they create jobs!
Let them show off. After I saw the new Burberry sign the size of a real horse, I invested in Luxury goods market (thinking about Russians and Chinese that can't get enough of it :D)! :iloveyou:
Jobs for the chinese more like...
Many people got p*ssed off after Burberry closed down its welsh plant and moved to China..
Check out all the Burberry clad people with their made in china tags.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Albe, I hope you aint one of those people wearing a Burberry cap made in China ..
:p:p
OuterSpace, I agree 100% with your post..Nice one.

Albertina
19-09-2008, 23:12
Judge, I copied the contact details, knowing that your axe will fall!

ALso, they create jobs in retail, transporation, production, traders, etc. etc.

Judge
19-09-2008, 23:16
Judge, I copied the contact details, knowing that your axe will fall!

ALso, they create jobs in retail, transporation, production, traders, etc. etc.

It's my hammer to fall(Queen Track),I'm only doing my job.It's in the rules.NO CONTACT DETAILS.There is a good reason for this.
You mean, they create jobs for the chinese kids,and the western markets buy up these goods.:confused::confused:

Albertina
19-09-2008, 23:23
The manual job is in China, but designers are in the West; transportation is usually westerns, - I mean as long as the goods are in demand, they create economic value and that is a very good thing.

Judge
19-09-2008, 23:46
The manual job is in China, but designers are in the West; transportation is usually westerns, - I mean as long as the goods are in demand, they create economic value and that is a very good thing.

Economic value for the companies that sell the goods,but for the consumers a pile of crap.
What about the spot checks?Getting representatives to check your goods is one thing.If factories outsource the goods they are suppose to make then the end product isn't the same like it's suppose to be made.

Albertina
19-09-2008, 23:50
Not getting your point... Would you be for all luxury goods to cease to exist. Let' all wear Swatch, H&M and drive Lada. What's your proposal?

OuterSpace
20-09-2008, 00:02

Speaking to making investment in luxury i just remembered.I had been read a news in internet.There was a man who earned millions of dollars with re selling very hard to get luxury bags via EBay to customers across globe.I dont remember the brand but it was so hard to get it even you ready to pay 5 times of its cost it was not possible.This man had been found a way to get of this bags bought them from shops and sold to luxury customers with triples of prices and become a millionare...

Albertina
20-09-2008, 00:06
Speaking to making investment in luxury i just remembered.I had been read a news in internet.There was a man who earned millions of dollars with re selling very hard to get luxury bags via EBay to customers across globe.I dont remember the brand but it was so hard to get it even you ready to pay 5 times of its cost it was not possible.This man had been found a way to get of this bags bought them from shops and sold to luxury customers with triples of prices and become a millionare...

I made investment (bought their shares) in the companies that produce luxury, not in the goods themselves!

OuterSpace
20-09-2008, 00:21
I made investment (bought their shares) in the companies that produce luxury, not in the goods themselves!

Hey Albertina take it easy :) I did not mean anything...

I suppose you are in 4. phase of this list :D :boxing:

You have not done enough of the following:
- drinking
- fighting at work
- eating
- fighting at the forum
- sex

Judge
20-09-2008, 00:30
Not getting your point... Would you be for all luxury goods to cease to exist. Let' all wear Swatch, H&M and drive Lada. What's your proposal?

Albe my dear,there isn't anything luxurious about goods made in China.

I need to sleep, the rum is getting to my head now.TBC.:10241::10241:

Albertina
20-09-2008, 10:07
You are just jealous of my Remy Martin :D Don't worry it's the last bottle. From now it's Samogon for me ...

MickeyTong
20-09-2008, 12:20
You are just jealous of my Remy Martin :D Don't worry it's the last bottle. From now it's Samogon for me ...
Safeways Own Brand Streetdrinkers' Brandy is quite palatable in a mug of very strong coffee. :jester:

xSnoofovich
20-09-2008, 12:58
Let' all wear Swatch, ........

You mean Swatch isn't luxurious? :(

Albertina
20-09-2008, 14:11
You mean Swatch isn't luxurious? :(

No. They are 100 euros not 5000

MissAnnElk
20-09-2008, 15:03
No. They are 100 euros not 5000

Not even. I'm too cheap to pay 100 euros for a watch. I don't think I even paid $100 for my last SWATCH. MAYBE $80. In the Newark airport.