PDA

View Full Version : English language Catholic mass in Moscow

Matt24
19-09-2008, 13:02
If anyone has details, or web addresses / telephone numbers I'd be very grateful to receive.

Thanks and best regards

Matt

chameleon
07-10-2008, 23:48
Hi Matt,

There is are three Catholic churches in Moscow. There is a Church called Saint Louis very close to the metro Lubianca (red line) they give Mass in English every Sunday at 9:30. They also have weekday Mass in Latin at 8:30 (monday to friday). I don't know have a number but if you google the church you should be able to find more info. Good luck!

Benedikt
19-10-2008, 20:57
every thursday the moscow times publishes the community board, with ALL churches and denomiations shown, also which language.

Korotky Gennady
20-10-2008, 02:12
So :)

rusmeister
20-10-2008, 22:23
Consider, gena, if the Christian claims are true, then that's precisely what He could have done - and didn't.

Korotky Gennady
23-10-2008, 04:11
Consider, gena, if the Christian claims are true, then that's precisely what He could have done - and didn't.why ? :eek:

rusmeister
23-10-2008, 07:34
why ? :eek:

Why what? Why could He have called 10,000 angels and busted off the cross? (It doesn't make sense to ask 'why' of a type-3 conditional.)
(iow, I don't understand your question.)

Korotky Gennady
23-10-2008, 11:52
Why what? Why could He have called 10,000 angels and busted off the cross? (It doesn't make sense to ask 'why' of a type-3 conditional.)
(iow, I don't understand your question.)Why he didn't say "Good bye sinners ! I'm going home ! I'm tired to sick from you !" :cheerleader:

rusmeister
24-10-2008, 07:02
Because God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, so that whoever believes in Him would not perish (die), but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)

In short, Adam and Eve chose self over God and brought death into the world. Christ's sacrifice made it possible to reverse the process (of death).

Because God really IS love. Some kinds of love may be what we call "tough love", though. People with children can relate to that more easily.

Korotky Gennady
25-10-2008, 05:05
Because God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, so that whoever believes in Him would not perish (die), but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)

Sorry, your post is full of contradictions. If the god loved the world in those times... ( do you mean that he stop loving the world now ? ) then god should make something more good for our world. So he had no need to send his only son to here. And the other strange thing that he didn't save even his one and only son from the murder.

By the way if god wanted to have son, he could find an unmarried jewish girl, but he found the married woman ! So he made the adultery with the married woman !

So it maybe that god didn't love the world at all and he just wanted to have sex with Maria ! After that when his son was born, god never helped him and even god was watching at his son's sufferings and pain. How after this god's behavior can we speak about his benevolence and his love to the world ?

If you open the first book of Bible 'Genesis", you will find out very soon that god didn't love Adam and Eva at all.

The other contradiction in your words is that... If the good man dies who has no faith in his son, this man must perish, but the maniak and pedophile (kids rapist) who believe his son... this scum must get everlasting life only for that.

For example a kids rapist believes his son, but the man of good will doesn't beleive him. The kids rapist must get the reward, the man of good will mustn't ! Is it god's justice ? :smurf:

Why must one's life depends on whether one believes god's son or one doesn't believe him !?

DDT
25-10-2008, 05:49
Why must one's life depends on whether one believes god's son or one doesn't believe him !?
That's a very good question! And how can anyone alive today be expected to believe, that 2,000 years ago, some guy raised himself form the dead.

And what does God really mean when He/They say to the world, 'If you don't believe in My Son, I will kill you, again, Myself and the smoke from your burning body will never cease."? Anyone got any ideas? Or maybe He never said this stuff!

Korotky Gennady
25-10-2008, 06:13
That's a very good question! And how can anyone alive today be expected to believe, that 2,000 years ago, some guy raised himself form the dead.

And what does God really mean when He/They say to the world, 'If you don't believe in My Son, I will kill you, again, Myself and the smoke from your burning body will never cease."? Anyone got any ideas? Or maybe He never said this stuff!
I meant only that his/their demand is absolutly illogical...

One ought get reward not for the state of mind but for his/her actions... not for silly believes.

We live in free world. Everybody can believe in whatever he (she) wants... the man shouldn't be punished for that.

rusmeister
25-10-2008, 11:01
The answer is both simpler and more complex. If you really want to understand what serious Christianity teaches, what intelligent and rational people accept, what made people like Sir Isaac Newton and CS Lewis both Christians and intellects of high degree, then you need to ask what Christianity is, rather than merely express the muddled forms you got from muddled people - if you do want to know what it REALLY teaches, I'd be glad to try. If all you want to do is laugh at it without understanding that, then I'm not your man.

I do agree with you, Gena, that actions ARE important. But there is a huge difference between professing a belief and actually holding a belief as true and therefore acting on it. In other words, true belief is acted on. Nominal belief - that's what we hate seeing in professions of faith, in, say, government officials, for example. But that's miles away from true faith, which is always acted on.

pierre.gonthier
25-10-2008, 18:48
"Saint-Louis des franšais" is on Malaya Lubyanka street. It is halfway between Lubyanka metro station and Chystie Prudy.
They do have english-language masses on Sunday at 9:30 (French at 10:30).

MissAnnElk
25-10-2008, 20:46
"Saint-Louis des franšais" is on Malaya Lubyanka street. It is halfway between Lubyanka metro station and Chystie Prudy.
They do have english-language masses on Sunday at 9:30 (French at 10:30).

Oh! Yeah! Right next to the French School. I was standing there the other day and thinking, "This is not an orthodox church." Duh-oh. I'm slow.

:duhhhh::duhhhh::duhhhh::duhhhh: