PDA

View Full Version : days counted against 90 days

rseltz
18-09-2008, 13:22
Hello-- I travel back and forth to Europe frequently and want to be sure I plan appropriately for my 90 days / every 180 days multiple entry business visa.

Assuming I am in moscow all day Sun and Monday, fly out Tuesday morning, return Thursday evening, and stay in Moscow Friday and Saturday.... how many days are "counted" against my visa? 4? (only full days in country) 6? (any day with an hour in Moscow counts)? Other?

Thanks for your help.

trebor
18-09-2008, 13:56
This is a good question.
I've got another. Who's going to bother counting all those exit/entry stamps and add up the total amounts of days?
Anyone?

Len Ganley Stance
18-09-2008, 15:20
Hello-- I travel back and forth to Europe frequently and want to be sure I plan appropriately for my 90 days / every 180 days multiple entry business visa.

Assuming I am in moscow all day Sun and Monday, fly out Tuesday morning, return Thursday evening, and stay in Moscow Friday and Saturday.... how many days are "counted" against my visa? 4? (only full days in country) 6? (any day with an hour in Moscow counts)? Other?

Thanks for your help.

They'll count the days from when your passport is stamped by Russian Customs with an entry stamp until the time you leave the country and are stamped out as having passed Customs Control.

So in the example you've quoted as far as they are concerned it's 6 days. That is of course on the basis that you have arrived in Moscow after 0001hrs on Sunday and passed Customs Control on your way out before 2359hrs on Saturday.

Len Ganley Stance
18-09-2008, 15:39
This is a good question.
I've got another. Who's going to bother counting all those exit/entry stamps and add up the total amounts of days?
Anyone?

Trebs, have you been drinking?

They've have actually dispensed with using an abacus and are using a new fangled device. Here's a picture of said device............

Sumarokov-Elston
19-09-2008, 20:13
Well, the tax office seem to just use simple arithmetic. For example, if you are stamped arrive 6 June and leave 10 June, that is 10-6 = 4 days (rather than 6 + 7 + 8 + 9 + 10 = 5 days. I know bureaucracy can be petty, but I do not think they would care if you were 91 days on the trot. 95 maybe...

kapione
20-09-2008, 00:13
the truth to this very sticky matter is no one has told of being barred from reentering at 90 days and 1 minute...rest assured if you are late going over the border on the train going to Kiev , you will be shaken down for money to magically make your problem go away.....

if you are here in Russia to work, work legally, get a work permit, if the company or other business wont give you one,find a new company,a good company will get one for you.
if you do not do the above, then best solution is a single or double entry 90 day business visa , this IS for Business only, if you are caught working, you could be in trouble, people do you need extra troubles in your life ????

so why are you people still asking about this law? it is clear, get a damn work permit visa, or the appropriate documents for your stay here in Russia to be as legal as it can be , remember another thing, legal today .....change tomorrow.....
Russian Federation has just closed most of the loopholes for people working and paying zero taxes....now they will get something from everyone, you will pay get your house in order

trebor
20-09-2008, 08:40
Trebs, have you been drinking?

They've have actually dispensed with using an abacus and are using a new fangled device. Here's a picture of said device............

Very impressive piece of kit Len.
Geezer operating it looks like my grandad!