PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Stream currently - Arbat area ?

RIKO
16-09-2008, 22:27
Anyone else having a problem with Stream in Arbat/ Smolenskaya area .. system has been down for 6 days+ and they say they have a major system fault ... keep promising "tomorrow" ? Any insights or suggestions ?

OuterSpace
17-09-2008, 00:57
i was in a friend`s apartment which is very close to Novy Arbat on Saturday and they also had same problem.But when we called Stream their support center did not mention that it is a general major problem..
Maybe later they discovered it is region wide problem.

i dont see any other possible solution other than waiting that general problem to be solved..

if you always complain their service maybe you can swicth to another ISP.
I suggest if it possible to not to choose ADSL based access if it possible choose ethernet based connectivity solution.

RhythMasteR
17-09-2008, 09:37
Many people have problems with Stream, and here is a recent topic which expat people discussed about this subject:

http://www.expat.ru/forum/information/102025-alternatives-stream-internet.html

RIKO
17-09-2008, 16:58
Apparently there is a "configuration problem" with the local telecomms link and no one has any idea when this will be fixed (and frankly it seems no one gives a damn either .. after one or two phone calls to their inaptly named "helpline", every day for the past week, I eventually went to the Stream office near Tverskaya today to be greeted by their usual charm ambience of sullen indifference - and again no one could say anything except wait. Stream have been good up to now but are clearly incapable of dealing with any exceptional circumstances.

OuterSpace
17-09-2008, 20:29
Oh thanks God! I dont use Stream

I am quite happy with my little regional service provider..

I am sorry for you...