PDA

View Full Version : Business visa registration

mytea
05-07-2004, 13:44
Hello,
One question : I have a multiple entries visa (sticker in my passport and not additionnal green paper) and I am in the process of registration (through DEZ with landlord) but the registration (for 6 months) will be on my migration card. Does it mean that each time I leave the country I will have to register again? because last year my registration was put on my visa (valid for one year) it means that each time I came back I did not need to go through all the process.
Any experiences or answers about this are welcome. Thanks in advance!

mitam77
05-07-2004, 19:32
Registration stamp will be put on the passport as well as the migration card. So dont worry when you have to give up your migration card when you leave.(I went thro the same process last month)

cross
06-07-2004, 10:12
in the worst case just make a copy of the migration card with a stamp.
anyway, last time i was getting registered (may) i only received the stamp into my passport, nothing on the migration card. likely it depends on local police habits ;-]

waxwing
07-07-2004, 20:26
Whoa, hold on.
There was a thread about this a few months ago.
In which it was clarified that you now *do* need to reregister after 6 months. I thought.

And I was in OVIR down here a couple of weeks ago and I'm sure the guy told me the same thing. I have to reregister after 6 months.

No?

cross
07-07-2004, 20:43
WAXWING, does anybody say something else? of course one needs to re-register every half a year.

the issue is - not to register any time one leaves russia within this half a year, when tricky border control takes away the migration card with a reg stamp on it.

waxwing
07-07-2004, 21:24
:shame: ާߧ էߧ

tommo
12-07-2004, 23:20
It all depends on the support company you are using. My colleague and I came in from the UK the same time and both with an annual multi entry visa. Both visa's were supplied by the same company but were dealt with by different sponsoring / support companies. My visa only needs to be validated every 6 months as the stamp goes directly onto my passport as apposed to the emigration card. This is different for my colleague as his visa is stamped on the card only meaning he has to re-register each re-entry. Hope this helps!

mytea
16-07-2004, 15:23
Thanks a lot for your answers!
I got my passeport back yesterday and they indeed put the registration stamp in my passeport too!