PDA

View Full Version : Queen!

MissAnnElk
15-09-2008, 19:45
:10806:

I have a ticket for tomorrow . . . and I understand the concert is at the Olympic Sports Complex. The internet gives that as a Prospekt Mira metro stop/address. But my experience (walking by) has this arena on Olimpiyskiy Prospekt . . .

And advice, oh wise expat.ru members? Can I just walk up Olimpiyskiy Prospekt?

Anyone heard if there is an opening act?

Albertina
15-09-2008, 19:55

I have a ticket for tomorrow . . . and I understand the concert is at the Olympic Sports Complex. The internet gives that as a Prospekt Mira metro stop/address. But my experience (walking by) has this arena on Olimpiyskiy Prospekt . . .

yandex.ru try the address in Russian

Sidney Bliss
15-09-2008, 19:58

You can enter the stadium from either Olympiski Pkt or Prospekt Mira.. it's a pretty short walk from Prospekt Mira metro though so that would probably be your best bet.

MissAnnElk
15-09-2008, 20:31
But I live a very short walk from the other side . . . Prospekt Mira is a 30 minute walk.

Just making sure there isn't a smaller venue over there somewhere. Assuming I will just follow the crowds.

Sing with me now:

YouTube- Queen Fat Bottom Girls

MissAnnElk
15-09-2008, 20:39
And again!

YouTube- Queen - We Will Rock You and We Are The Champion (Live)

Zyablik
15-09-2008, 22:17
Hello, MissAnnElk !
try this:
СК Олимпийский, схема проезда, информация ::: expodata.ru ::: (http://expodata.ru/grounds/olymp.php)

Yes, Mr. Bliss right, it's near the "Prospekt Mira" metro station! it will be better for you! :)
But, try to come early, not close to 7 pm. I think it will be a lot of people and security takes time !

Wish to us have a GREAT show !!!:cheerleader::applause::7534:

What seats do you have? Me at A-13 (ent. N 4)

:queen:

Zyablik
15-09-2008, 22:21
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgK_keIJq-4

MissAnnElk
15-09-2008, 22:29
Hello, MissAnnElk !
try this:
СК Олимпийский, схема проезда, информация ::: expodata.ru ::: (http://expodata.ru/grounds/olymp.php)

Yes, Mr. Bliss right, it's near the "Prospekt Mira" metro station! it will be better for you! :)
But, try to come early, not close to 7 pm. I think it will be a lot of people and security takes time !

Wish to us have a GREAT show !!!:cheerleader::applause::7534:

What seats do you have? Me at A-13 (ent. N 4)

:queen:

I'm Sector A-6, something 2
Something 34, seat 5

Does that mean anything?

It wasn't cheap.

Won't there be an opening act?

DJ Biscuit
15-09-2008, 22:41
I would be interested to hear what the concert's like without the main star in the vidoes posted above. Is it really Queen? Are they just a bunch of old men playing to the nostalgia crowd of a certain age? Or....

Awaiting reviews.

Zyablik
15-09-2008, 22:43
Something 34, seat 5
Does that mean anything?
It wasn't cheap.
Won't there be an opening act?

Yours A6 and my A13 = the same (yes, not cheap)....it's not closer to each other, but at"one line"....
Look at the plan of Olimpiyski !

try:
Схема зала - СК Олимпийский (http://diskateka.ru/shema.php)

What do you mean "opening act" ? ;)

Zyablik
15-09-2008, 22:51
Something 34, seat 5

Does that mean anything?

Ok, you have Sector A-6, entrance N 2
34 - (it's, how it say in English.... :) sorry - row?line?
yes and seat N 5...

uh... difficult )))

MissAnnElk
16-09-2008, 11:03
Yours A6 and my A13 = the same (yes, not cheap)....it's not closer to each other, but at"one line"....
Look at the plan of Olimpiyski !

try:
Схема зала - СК Олимпийский (http://diskateka.ru/shema.php)

What do you mean "opening act" ? ;)

Thanks.

"Opening act" . . . another band that plays first?

MissAnnElk
16-09-2008, 11:09
Russia, Moscow, Moscow - Google Maps

Why would I want to walk from the metro stop through all those buildings when I live on the west side of the stadium?

Zyablik
16-09-2008, 11:35
Thanks.
"Opening act" . . . another band that plays first?

I don't know about it. Yesterday was the first show of Queen at Moscow, but I can't find any info :(
Oh..., of course if you live on the west part of Stadium, you don't need to go to Prospect Mira metro !!!! As for me I go from Leninsky Prospect and need to use Metro.
:sunny:

MissAnnElk
16-09-2008, 11:53
I don't know about it. Yesterday was the first show of Queen at Moscow, but I can't find any info :(
Oh..., of course if you live on the west part of Stadium, you don't need to go to Prospect Mira metro !!!! As for me I go from Leninsky Prospect and need to use Metro.
:sunny:

I have been looking for a review, too . . .

Okay, glad to hear I can just walk over. If I had to enter on Metro side, I would use the Metro, and it would be a pain.

Judge
16-09-2008, 12:32
I'm not sure i'm gonna make this show.:confused1:I thought the first show was tonight.

Ann, it will take you about 15 mins to get inside.Many people buy tickets at the last min and will waiting in a long line,You will be in the line with people who already got tickets.
It took me 10 mins to get inside for the Iron Maiden concert,but took me over 30 mins to leave.

MissAnnElk
16-09-2008, 13:06
I'm not sure i'm gonna make this show.:confused1:I thought the first show was tonight.

Ann, it will take you about 15 mins to get inside.Many people buy tickets at the last min and will waiting in a long line,You will be in the line with people who already got tickets.
It took me 10 mins to get inside for the Iron Maiden concert,but took me over 30 mins to leave.

Thanks.

My companions all got confused and thought we were going last night. I never thought that, but it amusing watching everyone call husbands, sitters, etc to rearrange.

Sheesh . . . old age!

MissAnnElk
17-09-2008, 08:10
Well, I have to say that I really enjoyed the show! It was okay without Freddie Mercury, and the Bad Company/Free songs Paul Rodgers did were blasts from my misspent youth.

However, I can't get over how F A R away we were given the price of our tickets. What did the VIP seats pay?? Sheesh.

Confidential to Willy: Roger Taylor ROCKED! I had forgotten this song, and it gave me chills.

YouTube- Queen - I'm In Love With My Car

He's still got it:

YouTube- Queen+PR-I'm in love with my car

Except last night they moved Taylor all the way down to the end of the catwalk (is that what you call it?) . . . he was way deep in the audience for this number. Very cool. The stage hands just kept discreetly bringing out more and more drums.

Judge
17-09-2008, 10:12
Glad to hear you enjoyed the show Elkie..Was the place sold out?
Prices for such shows are very expensive,you was in section A,that's pretty far back and isn't cheap.If I'm not mistaken,you was just below the top part,tickets for the top part were around 1500 rubles,that is very expensive for being right at the top.
The problem here is that tickets are expensive and many real fans can't afford to go,this is why many of the shows aren't sold out in Moscow.
They only use half of the Olimpiyski ,if tickets were much cheaper,many bands would sell out the whole stadium,not just half.

MissAnnElk
17-09-2008, 10:15
It wasn't sold out, but it was close. Some empty seats on the very edges and here and there in our area. I don't know about the balcony proper.

Seriously, I have never paid that much for a ticket. Okay, I bought tickets to see the Stones in Brno, and I think I paid something like $150/each for those . . . but then Keith fell out of the tree, and that gig got canceled, and I got my money back. But those tickets were the first row of real seats. To the Stones!

If you look at the YouTube clips of the concert last week in Kharkov, there are probably a LOT more people there (okay, it is outside and harder to see, I'm sure . . .).

Judge
17-09-2008, 10:23
$150 for front row,now that's a deal.For the Roger Waters concert in Moscow last year near the Red Sq,front row tickes were $1000.That's mad price to pay.For me and the wife that would have been $2000.For that money I checked and I could have seen the same show in the czech rep,spent four nights in a decent hotel,with flights and front row seats.I told this to the ticket woman here in Moscow,she laughed and said ''this is Moscow''
No way will I pay $2000 for two tickets.There were loads of empty seats in the front at the RW concert,this was ok for me,because I moved forward and got decent seats,but many fans who payed around 1000 rubles were penned in like sheep far away.It takes away the good feeling of a concert when real fans are priced out.

I don't know why tickets are so high here in Moscow.Many bands are coming now,this should put down the cost to bring bands.

Sidney Bliss
17-09-2008, 10:41
The average price of a ticket for a gig at B1 is RUR 2,000 (standing area on the dance floor... perfect views from pretty much everywhere, great acoustics). Bentley drivers are catered for too and are welcome to pay up to RUR 50,000 for super VIP seats (safely removed from the hoi polloi and the genuine music fans).

Афиша мероприятий: Slayer, Iggy & The Stooges, Fool's Garden, Tania Maria Quartet, Little Richard, Lauryn Hill, «Ленинград», «Ночные снайперы», Billy’s Band, «Машина Времени», «Сплин», Жанна Агузарова, «Звери», «Аукцыон», Red Snapper, «Ляпис Трубецко (http://www.b1club.ru/afisha/)

MissAnnElk
17-09-2008, 10:53
$150 for front row,now that's a deal.For the Roger Waters concert in Moscow last year near the Red Sq,front row

It could have been $300/each. But it was nothing like $1000. And it was seats, not mosh pit, so we would not have been able to see Keith's wrinkles up close and personal, but still. It would have been a dream come true.

MissAnnElk
17-09-2008, 10:55
Anyone want to go see Iggy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4v4DXLqm48

I could amend my birthday fantasy of singing back up with the Stones to channeling Kate Pierson on this song . . .

Judge
17-09-2008, 10:55
Da, it's worth seeing a show at the B1,get on the floor and you can get close up or stay near the bar.The people who 500000000 ru a ticket are at the top looking down at us poor folks..

What really cracked me up was when I saw the Prodigy in Moscow(Luzniki) a few years ago..You had the dance floor right in the front of the stage and behind the dance floor there was a huge VIP section layed out with seats,who the hell wants to sit down at a Prodigy concert.Some people at the show looked a bit loss sitting down and people raving right near them,many in the VIP section got up and danced.
Sorry, but the words VIP and Prodigy don't go together.

MissAnnElk
17-09-2008, 11:03
[Ooops . . . he uses the f-word . . .]

He's 61!

TD
18-09-2008, 07:49
Borat To Play Freddie Mercury (http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2007/05/04/borat-to-play-freddie-mercury-mccartney-recruits-portman-busta-better-armed-than-our-troops/)