PDA

View Full Version : The ties that bind us...

Tatiana cat
05-07-2004, 12:24
The quotes are of famous people...
Just want to talk a bit about the dynamics of the family...

pengwn9
05-07-2004, 12:50
Women rule the home and the world, it's just that men have tried to convince us and themselves otherwise.

We feather their nests, we bear their progeny, we keep them fed and warm, we clean their bathrooms and do their laundry.

Women are the civilizers of humanity. Without our strong guidance and sweet-beating hearts there would be only cruelty and chaos and football without decent snacks. We are the saviors of human grace.

Sidney Bliss
05-07-2004, 12:55
"Women are wiser than men because they know less but understand more".

sfjohns67
05-07-2004, 13:00
Originally posted by pengwn9
We feather their nests, we bear their progeny, we keep them fed and warm, we clean their bathrooms and do their laundry.

Women are the civilizers of humanity. Without our strong guidance and sweet-beating hearts there would be only cruelty and chaos and football without decent snacks. We are the saviors of human grace. Okay, great job on the progeny line and yes, I'm nice and warm, but...ahem...let's get a few things nice and straight: I do ALL the cooking, the maid I pay for does all the cleaning and grocery shopping, and I'm the one who has to drag your cute butt to Ikea or wherever to get nest-feathering materials; you'd be content to walk on the same, stinky, 14 year old rug until it falls apart and the maid has to sweep it into the dustpan.

And excuse me, but for about 5 days a month, your heart sure as hell AIN'T anything resembling "sweet-beating. I'll give you the strong guidance thing, though, since threat of having boiling water poured on me in my sleep is enough to make me do whatever the hell you want.

Yes Dear,
Stephen

PS: I mean "you" in the collective sense.

natlee
05-07-2004, 15:40
God gives us our relatives: thank God we can choose our friends. Must have been thinking about my family....

DJ Biscuit
05-07-2004, 15:53
''Home is where the Hurt is''.

J.D.
05-07-2004, 16:02
In every argument the man always gets the last word!

"Yes, dear."

sfjohns67
05-07-2004, 16:05
The family is the place where the most ridiculous and the least respectable things in the world go on

Especially in certain trailer parks in the southern United States.

chrisj_m
05-07-2004, 16:08
One wise chappie said 'Marriage isn't a word, it's a sentence'.....

*g* (I just hope to get life :) )

Tatiana cat
08-07-2004, 18:43
Sentence? Who forces you?

So... two strong personalities( pengwn and sfjohns) who dominate in their families...

FACT: only children may feel a strong need to break away from their parents in early age.
I know it for sure.

Latest news... I wasn't at home. My father turned on the computer and went out... wire tension doubled and it 'flew up'. The same with my ( note, MY) music centre. At least if they'd been turned off, they could've been repaired.
All ppl in the building are complaining...

I have to buy everything on my own (no penny from my parents). Just their way of upbringing... to teach me to earn money. Although I'm a student and I've been working for two years...

natalia_apple
08-07-2004, 18:53
parents very offen try to improve and teach us, only sometimes there'ss too much of the error correction part of the lesson (EFL teachers will understand what I mean)

kniga
08-07-2004, 18:59
Women are inherently smarter than men and have the patience of Job while waiting for their particular Cro-Magnon to grow up. Women start problems, but they don't start wars. Bless our mothers, sisters, wives, sweethearts and daughters -- where would we men be without them?

natalia_apple
08-07-2004, 19:08
nowhere, unless you found a way to give birth to children (thats just one of the good things women do)

Tatiana cat
09-07-2004, 19:54
Wise kniga, women are reasons for wars...

Life is a constant battle and it's necessary to be strong.
Women need men to feel weak from time to time...

kniga
09-07-2004, 21:59
Tatiana cat,

The last time a woman caused a war was at Troy and that turned out to be a bummer for all involved. The rest of the time men dream up these stupidities.

chrisj_m
10-07-2004, 01:43
Originally posted by Tatiana cat
Sentence? Who forces you?

nobody forces me :) *g* it's only a play on words ;)