PDA

View Full Version : Dive bar or actual pub?

AngryKsen
15-09-2008, 01:04
Hi all,
I s'pose I'm a rather odd combination of cultures-- I'm Russian but have lived in the US for many, many years, without interacting with any Russians there. Anyways, I'm back in Moscow now, and what i really miss most about New York is dives and pubs. Does anyone know of a place where a woman can go to actually have some non-fancy drinks, NOT get attacked by anybody, maybe play some pool? Something low key and genuine? And if it's not asking for too much, close to a metro station? Most of my Russian friends seem to rather enjoy fancier places...

Thanks for any suggestions in advance!

pjw
15-09-2008, 01:25
Hi all,
I s'pose I'm a rather odd combination of cultures-- I'm Russian but have lived in the US for many, many years, without interacting with any Russians there. Anyways, I'm back in Moscow now, and what i really miss most about New York is dives and pubs. Does anyone know of a place where a woman can go to actually have some non-fancy drinks, NOT get attacked by anybody, maybe play some pool? Something low key and genuine? And if it's not asking for too much, close to a metro station? Most of my Russian friends seem to rather enjoy fancier places...

A good question AngryKsen, something I'd be interested in finding out too. Yes, there's such a difference between a posh place with its stuffiness and snobs and this dive bar kind of joint thing you describe where you can relax, be yourself, play a bit of pool, start up the juke box and maybe even talk to people and make some new friends. Welcome BTW:punk:

AngryKsen
15-09-2008, 01:37
Thanks:) And yes, the jukebox!! With actual music that's not on MTV, oh, i can only dream....:)

pjw
15-09-2008, 01:54
Thanks:) And yes, the jukebox!! With actual music that's not on MTV, oh, i can only dream....:)

Hehehe. What kind of music you into AngryKsen? I'd go for some doors, sonic youth, mumiy troll, pixies, smiths...... And you? What are you doing back in Russia? Enjoying it? :badclown:

BeachBum
15-09-2008, 08:48
Hi all,

Try "SoHo".... On Savinskayaa Nab. down from British Embassy.... Next to 1171. A very nice, friendly and down-to-earth place.... ;-)