PDA

View Full Version : Parking in Moscow

boscoe
11-09-2008, 11:57
On September 10 municipal authorities reduced paid street parking locations from 116 to 15 (those close to the city railway-stations)

Why? well it turns out that on an average day only four cars paid for parking on Pushkin square... or that's what the 'official' parking attendants reports said :)

You have to laugh, FOUR cars!!!!, corruption here must be taught in schools, or at least it should be, come on, at least make it semi believable!

I'm sure there will still be guys hanging around asking for money but now you can just tell them to %*@# &%% :)

Adamodeus
12-09-2008, 10:19
I'm sure there will still be guys hanging around asking for money but now you can just tell them to %*@# &%% :)
Yeah! Actually they've detained about 300 of them just in August.

Gypsy
12-09-2008, 10:26
They need a congestion charge like London, then have free parking -in that order.

Benedikt
12-09-2008, 18:52
:nut:..for the official salary of 12 or 14 000 rubles when the lowest grushchik can make easy 3 times as much.:rolleyes:
makes me wonder.
on the other hand, why can't city hall get their act together install and enforce parking meters, it is done all over the world, and moscow wants to be desperate part of it. not that having, or not having parking meters will be a breaking point....