PDA

View Full Version : mooving to moscow from rome

frascati66
10-09-2008, 15:51
We are coming to moscow next week from the 17th of september to the 23rd to decide where to moove in moscow with my family next year in september.
We have two kids of 3 and 5 years and they go to the british international school here in rome.
I heard great things about rosinka where most of the expat comunity live but I need some feedback and advice since It appears outside from town and at the same time very organized considering the fact that i will spend most of the time without my husband who will be home only on the week-end.
And also is it difficult to find a living made who speaks russian and english?
Thank-you

boscoe
10-09-2008, 15:59
I heard great things about rosinka where most of the expat comunity live.

hmmm... not sure that is true :) Finding a maid who speaks English will be hard. Good luck, although I think you are mad leaving Rome for here :)

MissAnnElk
10-09-2008, 16:34
Most Filipinas speak English . . . Moscow is full of Filipina maids/housekeepers.

Miracle77777
10-09-2008, 16:41
hmmm... not sure that is true :) Finding a maid who speaks English will be hard. Good luck, although I think you are mad leaving Rome for here :)

Quite agree with you, B))

Miracle77777
10-09-2008, 16:44
But anyway, Frascati - welcome to Moscow and to our Forum!!
You will find here everything you need - but you need to be patient, as sometimes it takes time to adapt to Russia:)
Feel free to ask questions and you could also search for old Threads in Accomodation or other Forums, as there could be a lot of useful information for you))
See you here,
Hugs, Miracle..................

susana
10-09-2008, 18:53
Hi,

My name is Susana, I'm spanish and I'm thinking of moving to Moscow with my partner (english) asap.

We spent 6 days in Moscow last week and if you have children I recommend you to find a space in Rosinka, is a nice area, very safe, nice houses there, peaful, british school near by...etc. Specially if your husband is going to be with you only at weekends...

We will be settle at the city centre because we don't have children (at the moment) but, if we are in Moscow when we have them we will move to Rosinka without any doubt.

There is a web site Apartments in Moscow, Moscow apartments for rent, sale, Moscow apartments rental, rent an apartment Moscow (http://www.evans.ru) to find flat, apartment, house, etc to live if you want to have a look.

Regards, ;-)

boscoe
11-09-2008, 12:01
Most Filipinas speak English . . . Moscow is full of Filipina maids/housekeepers.
but do they speak russian and english as requested?

MissAnnElk
11-09-2008, 12:14
but do they speak russian and english as requested?

Picky, picky, picky! :neiner:

Yeah, my bad. Mea culpa. :bowdown: I read the post too fast the first time and didn't see it said Russian AND English. Could be useful.

I dunno. Check out the Fun Stuff newsletter. And this site, too. There will be people recommending their employees . . . and more details, usually.

boscoe
11-09-2008, 12:20
It's OK MissAnn - I thought I was wrong just the other day, turns out I was mistaken ;)