PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday Night Business Mixer 10-09-08

Runaway
10-09-2008, 10:37
The weeks keep growing and the nights keep getting better and better and this week will be NO exception!
Tonight I have added a little “twist” we are going to have an individual dance off starting at 10pm.
There will be only one winner which will include a dinner for two and a bottle of Champagne.

So boys and girls bring your moves with ya and come ready to party!

Also drop your business card in the bucket for the Monthly Lottery which will be held the last Wednesday of each month!

"Papa's Place"

This Wednesday’s Specials From 7pm till 9pm!

Miller Genuine Draft bottles 0.5 - 60 rubles

Pints of Bochka -. 60 Rubles

Champagne - 60 Rubles

Tequila shots – 50 rubles

Rum and Cola – 50 Rubles
Whiskey Cola – 50 Rubles[/CENTER]

DJ Biscuitwill kick the Music off at 9pm!

Your host for the night!

As always, yours truly!

“Runaway”

Address:

ул. Мясницкая, д. 22

Метро:

Чистые пруды

Телефон:

(495) 755-95-54

http://www.papas.ru/

Come on over and enjoy the fun!

Hope to see you there!

By the way the weather sucks so you have no excuses this time :9451:

Runaway
10-09-2008, 15:25
Ok it looks like the cookie monster and runaway will the only ones there:11157:

is4fun
10-09-2008, 18:22
If I had been an insurance salesman providing weekly seminars to those who required something they did not need, would I also be able to advertise on this site? Admins, please clarify the rules regarding blatent advertising... or at least provide us with the interpretation thereof as I can get in touch of many sales men who will be able to provide a service to the EP community.

Albertina
10-09-2008, 22:06
If this insurance selling involves a large group of people getting p^$ed, then yes!

Very good question though! If it was a Business Mixer, I'd like to be able to meet up in various places and preferably without loud music. :10189:

Runaway
11-09-2008, 16:49
If I had been an insurance salesman providing weekly seminars to those who required something they did not need, would I also be able to advertise on this site? Admins, please clarify the rules regarding blatent advertising... or at least provide us with the interpretation thereof as I can get in touch of many sales men who will be able to provide a service to the EP community.

Glad you put your two cents in now let me give you mine. For 8 years I have been creating Expats events and I am in no way involved in any type of partnership with any of the places that have be kind enough to give us a venue. Through meeting 100s of people have met, made friends, and even some business contacts. The same people work together to raise money for local charities.

Why don't you go find a place that will let us meet and feed us for next to nothing, do you think it is easy? Do you think it is a shame if the places that do cooperate get some return business?

Let me add this up for you Einstein:

Free Food every Wednesday- Humm that is real profitable

Over priced drinks? Humm once again, 60 rubles for a mixed drink, need a calculator yet? Cost of goods, overheads, and headaches wow rolling in the dough now aren't we boys?

The reason for these events is simple it gives people like you to put a face to a name and meet new people. You comment other places, please be my guest to set it up, I would love the fact if someone else would put in sdome effort

How long have you even been here? I am on 16 years and I will tell you without friends and connections here outside of work it can get pretty lonely.

I will tell you what though; if the owners and the admin staff agree with you that I will stop posting no problem. For those of you who want in on the mailing list drop me a pm with your e-mail (Please note 90% of the guest at these events are not from an internet site)

If have any other questions please feel free to ask them directly, second thought don't I am not a qualified proctologist.

Have a nice day:clown:

DJ Biscuit
11-09-2008, 17:33
For the information of anyone who doesn't know - Runaway has been organising this kind of event for years - no glory, no thanks no nothing, just the pleasure of helping people have a meeting point. He organises this event every Wednesday - he used to go to different venues but settled at Papa's simply because they gave the best offer for customers and the place suits the event. This is a service Runaway is providing, it's not a business or money making venture. He is simply doing what others can't be bothered to do and I think he deserves a lot of credit and praise for getting people together - many friendships and deals have been made because these events exist. Very rarely and certainly not often enough does Runaway get thanked. He's one of the good guys and deserves our support as a community.

Big up and thanks to Runaway.

Gypsy
11-09-2008, 17:40
Couldn't agree more Deej.

I've met people, work related and not, that I would not have met otherwise.

So,thanks Runaway.

Incidentally I used not to attend simply because it kept moving around,since it has settled in one place I go. It is so much easier.

Miracle77777
11-09-2008, 18:26

I am sorry - didn't notice this post before....

Personally and as Moderator I think - it is only for good, if Expats have every-week updating about events in the place, where they could count on good service, nice atmosphere, affordable prices and decent people to meet!

It is so hard to adapt in foreign country - and we are here to help them to make their adaptation more easy and fast....

I know Runaway not for ages)), but every time, when I visit his place, and especially, when I meet there DJ - it is always one of the most pleasant and vivid event of the week:)

Sincerely hope, that you (Runaway) would keep post here info about some interesting events at Papa's...
And everyone , who visit our site and Community, especially Newbies - would find every week new opportunities to meet new people and to make new useful connections:)

Runaway
12-09-2008, 11:44
:mooooh:

DJ Biscuit
12-09-2008, 11:58
We love you dude you know that, just wanted you to know that we really do!

boscoe
12-09-2008, 12:46
I'll give you my 2 cents, and my 2 cents go here for the moment...

Runaway, you are more than welcome to continue posting your events here on Expat.ru as they are specifically expat events and as such of interest to the expat community that expat.ru serves.

boscoe
12-09-2008, 12:51

Not sure what your problem is but let's see if I can make this easy for you...

Q. Would your insurance men friends hope to make money from their event?
A. Yes

Q. Does Runaway hope to make money from his event?
A. No

Please PM me if you'd like any further clarification.

lifespree
12-09-2008, 16:12
In life there are doers and there are people who knock them.

Sadly, that attitude seems to have crept onto this forum too (although it seems the critic who dropped the bad smell with his comment has subsequently disappeared).

Its never easy trying to be an organiser of things such as these, especially for the disparate members who use this site. Having tried to do similar things in a simple UK community of people sharing a common interest, I know it can be a thankless task and needs great resolve to continue trying. With the range of nationalities, ages, backgrounds and interests using the forum, its probably easier to herd cats.

Personally I think that Runaway's efforts and tenacity are only to be commended.

I have never been to even one of these Wednesday meetings because work commitments have always got in the way BUT as an infrequent visitor, I know where the meetings are and I know when they are - that is all thanks to one guy.

Please persevere Runaway, I for one am grateful for your efforts and WILL be there next week - count me in!

MissAnnElk
12-09-2008, 16:30
Don't jump on is4fun too vigorously. It was a reasonable question. He's a reasonable guy.

That said, I know how hard it is to get these sorts of events together, believe me. I, personally, would not care if Runaway got something for his efforts other than the satisfaction of a job well done. But it was nice to see he just does it because he thinks it's important (I think helping expats keep their heads out of their ovens is extremely important).

I have not yet been able to get my act together an attend, but I recommend it to anyone who will listen.

Now, on to more important issues. Like, who's buying??

is4fun
18-09-2008, 18:07
Glad you put your two cents in now let me give you mine. For 8 years I have been creating Expats events and I am in no way involved in any type of partnership with any of the places that have be kind enough to give us a venue. Through meeting 100s of people have met, made friends, and even some business contacts. The same people work together to raise money for local charities.

-Well please if there was a local charity involved I would welcome a name, an association, a cause, or something that would signify that this is not in any way related to private profits. A lot of transparency would do you good for absolutely nothing you have posted thus far would signify that these posts are not for profit. Some of your possee may disagree (no doubt you and Bosco had a few beers), but a free drink here, a free drink there is not going to change the real truth of many of your posts.

Why don't you go find a place that will let us meet and feed us for next to nothing, do you think it is easy? Do you think it is a shame if the places that do cooperate get some return business?

-Actually, I need not find a venue for ExPs getting together. I have been on a few already. The End of The Line group is always a blast for ExPs to get together and have some fun. And Why not Hot Dogs? Oh, I forgot, owners have changed..... LOL

Let me add this up for you Einstein:

-Hey Hawkins (Mr. promoter), your arithmetic does not add up. Russian beer for how much after 9:00PM? And with no entertainment, no business, contacts... oh yea, free pizza. LOL Is there take out on the menue? Did I see a recent flyer on my door from your pizza business? Not! I'll be sure to recommend it to everyone once they are able to find it.

Free Food every Wednesday- Humm that is real profitable

Over priced drinks? Humm once again, 60 rubles for a mixed drink, need a calculator yet? Cost of goods, overheads, and headaches wow rolling in the dough now aren't we boys?

--Get out of the business if you are unable to compete without having to be less than forthcoming to the expat community. There are many venues around where ExPs go without the shameful promotion you have posted on this site. Perhaps you are tired, burned out or not into it anymore but the posts you contribute to the community have serious money making nuances. Are your posts friendly invitations to friends or Bill Board advertisements asking my family to part with my hard earned cash.

The reason for these events is simple it gives people like you to put a face to a name and meet new people. You comment other places, please be my guest to set it up, I would love the fact if someone else
How long have you even been here? I am on 16 years and I will tell you without friends and connections here outside of work it can get pretty lonely.

I have been here for only 5 years, however, I am able to communicate in Russian fluently and have been even prior to my arrival.
I will tell you what though; if the owners and the admin staff agree with you that I will stop posting no problem. For those of you who want in on the mailing list drop me a pm with your e-mail (Please note 90% of the guest at these events are not from an internet site)

--I would suggest to the admins that your posts are not sooooooo "how can I get you into this new used car" type of invitation.

--If you invite people to your home would you use the same type of shameful promotional language as posted on your posts?

--Another acceptable suggestion would be to pay the ExP site for the promotion. Of coarse this would include the adds have a disclaimer and clearly state that they are indeed advertisements.

If have any other questions please feel free to ask them directly, second thought don't I am not a qualified proctologist.

No, not a proctologist but the patient.

Have a nice day:clown:

--As always!