PDA

View Full Version : registering a visa in St.Petersburg

Penguin_The_Great
09-09-2008, 19:47
We’ll be flying in to Russia shortly and will have to register my husband’s visa in one of the St.Petersburg’s UFMSs. Has anyone had recent experience doing this kind of thing in St.Petersburg? Is it one of those things when you have to get a place in line the night before or something? Or is it fairly painless?

Thanks a lot for any information!

MaltSokol
10-09-2008, 10:09
It's a little pain in the ass.
In my UFMS the queue starts at 0.00 the night before. At 7.00 there may be already 15 people on it. They take about 8-10 persons per hour, so depending on for how long it is open to public you can reckon if you will be received. The first ones on the list are usually "OOO something", so they take some time with the inspector because they register several people in one turn.

Fortunately this queue is quite organized and people are reasonable, so you just hand the list to the next person who comes. If you are lucky, you go at 6.00 and the next person comes at 6.15, you can go home until it starts. Sometimes there is someone taking a nap in a car and they let you write yourself down and go.
It is not possible for you to do it in the main post office?

Penguin_The_Great
11-09-2008, 02:16
Thanks, Alberto!

Unfortunately, we can’t do it in the post office- we need the registration coupon, stamped by UFMS. I guess we’ll try showing up at 7 in the morning, and hopefully we’ll be able to get this thing done.