PDA

View Full Version : 90-day multi entry visas?

mefistofele
09-09-2008, 10:44
So I just noticed that on the GoToRussia(.com) visa support / invitations-for-sale page that they offer 3-month multiple entry business visa invitation letters. Anybody ever heard of such a thing before? (I thought 90-day visas were always either single or double entry).

Assuming that this is legit, would there be any restrictions on the visa -- i.e. analogously to the 90/180-day restrictions on 6-month and 1-year ME visas?

Thanks!

mefistofele
17-09-2008, 04:15
Well, FYI, the guy at the consulate said he'd never heard of or seen such a visa invitation before (90-day multi-entry business), but they checked with MID and apparently are allowed to issue them. I just got it issued today. No restrictions whatsoever.

This is definitely a good option if you're planning on staying in Russia for a while, can't deal with the 90/180 day restrictions, and don't have residency or a work permit. I don't think private visas can be multi-entry either unless you have immediate family with RF citizenship. Of course, visa runs are a pain in the butt.

MaltSokol
17-09-2008, 17:56
I was informed in FMS that 3-month private visas can be single-entry only, except for citizens of Lithuania, who can receive double-entry invitation according to a bilateral agreement between Lithuania and RF.
Multientry for relatives up to 5 years are not yet implemented, are they?

mefistofele
17-09-2008, 20:08
This might depend on the consulate/embassy where you apply. I know that I got a 3-month private visa invitation in June. The local FMS office issued it as a single-entry invitation, however at the consulate where I applied (Seattle), I asked if they could make the visa double-entry instead, and they said that this wasn't a problem. They just wouldn't be able to make it a ME visa, saying that you needed to have relatives in Russia (that is the extent of my knowledge on the ME for relatives visa situation). Thus, that visa was issued as a double-entry, even though the invitation was for a single-entry. The consular officer literally just crossed off "однократная" on the original invitation and wrote in "двукратная". You should, obviously, check ahead on whether they can or will do this for you.

waves
18-09-2008, 15:57
mefistofele........could you please tell me where you saw the 3 month multiple entry LOI. I checked at Go To Russia and several other angencies and can only find the usual single or double entry 3 month business visas or 6 or 12 Month multiple entry with the 90/180 restrictions. Thanks

mefistofele
18-09-2008, 16:40
Check the GotoRussia site -> "Visa support only" -> Russia, then scroll down to "BUSINESS MULTIPLE ENTRY VISA SUPPORT". You will see that the first row of the table is for a "Multiple entry (3 months)" visa invitation, with pricing at $250, $215, $139, $119, $109 for 4-day, 6-day, 11-day, 16-day, and 21-day processing respectively.

Here's a link: Russian visa support. Tourist and Business. Invitation letter to Russia. (http://gotorussia.com/visa_services_russia_support.htm)

I stumbled across this by chance and am unaware of whether other agencies offer similar types of invitations.

waves
18-09-2008, 16:56
Thanks I'll let you know how it goes!

waves
13-10-2008, 23:18
so far so good, invite delivered to UK, should have the 3 month ME tomorrow, only difference is I need to produce original but perhaps that is because I'm an Australian applying in UK under the right to residence criteria.

mefistofele
20-10-2008, 11:46
Congrats!