PDA

View Full Version : British International School at Rosinka

Dubai2Moscow
09-09-2008, 07:07
Can anyone give me some feedback please on the British International School at Rosinka?
I've been reading some not so good comments here on the BIS, but heard that the new one at Rosinka is quite good?
Does anyone have any first-hand experience? Any idea about the fees?
The compound is apparently very nice too. Is there a waiting list for the school and the compound? I suppose rent is rather high?
Would highly appreciate any info!
TIA

primary teacher
31-08-2011, 15:21
I have been offered a primary teaching job at the British International School Moscow. Accomodation is not included but will be found for me. This is a bit of a worry as I have heard it is very expensive, about 800 pounds a month for a decent one bed apartment. Does any one have previous experience at BIS Moscow? I would really really appreciate some advice. THANK YOU

Periwinkle
31-08-2011, 15:36
Avoid BIS.

xSnoofovich
31-08-2011, 15:46
I have been offered a primary teaching job at the British International School Moscow.

How much do they pay per month?

rusmeister
31-08-2011, 18:56
When I first moved here, 9 years ago, I applied to work for them. Then I had 8 years full-time under my belt, a US public school teaching certificate, and residency. Nevertheless, they invited me to a simultaneous interview with 4 other candidates. The psychological ploy was obvious; I told them I would consider an individual interview but not the format they offered. I figured that if they couldn't see the opportunity they had in hiring me, then I didn't want to work for them. And I have never regretted it.

primary teacher
31-08-2011, 22:41
They are offering me 140,944 RUB a month along with a once off payment fo 51,670 to put towards flights as I will have to return to the UK for visas every3 months. What do you think?

primary teacher
31-08-2011, 22:42
Why, have you taught there?

DavidB
31-08-2011, 22:46
You will be working illegally.. if that's a problem for you, you should reconsider.

It may also be cheaper to do visa runs to Riga instead of London:
http://expat.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=337300

markusha
01-09-2011, 09:16
Apart from the working illegally, you will be working for a Russian employer (despite the name) which can make things a bit unpredictable. The 3 or 4 teachers I have come across who had left BIS were not complimentary about the place. The Anglo American, English International and International School of Moscow or both foreign managed and owned and, by all accounts, treat their staff well. However, I am sure there are some teacher forums out there that will give a bit more insight.

xSnoofovich
01-09-2011, 12:58
They are offering me 140,944 RUB a month along with a once off payment fo 51,670 to put towards flights

Holy cow! What do I have to teach for that money?

Can I teach PE? I am pretty good at telling kids to go somewhere....and not slowly ! (hahahhaahaaha my joke in russian)

TrusEl
20-07-2012, 14:34
Are there any teachers who experienced teaching at the english international school in Moscow, it is located in Novogereevo? I am appointed as a Senior Chemistry and Maths teacher there and am wondering if I made a good choice... Any info would be appreciated! Thank you in advance!