PDA

View Full Version : 14th Sep - 45-min musical THE TELEPHONE at Tsaritsyno

Transparent Theatre
07-09-2008, 15:06
Prozrachny Teatr invite you to their performance of Gian Carlo Menotti's THE TELEPHONE on Sun 14th Sep at 5pm.

http://www.prozrachny.com/menotti-01.jpg

THE TELEPHONE originally showed on Broadway in 1947, where it ran for several months. It's a one-act, 45-minute comedy musical for just two performers. Ben's arrived with presents and chocolates, and is trying to propose to Lucy - but he can never get her off the telephone long enough to do so! But finally he finds the way to Lucy's heart...

Lucy: Marina Kalinina
Ben: Alexander Aksenov

(performed in Russian, but there's a free English synopsis and it's a simple story :)

VENUE: Kazakovsky Zal, Bolshoi Dvorets, Tsaritsyno.

HOW TO GET THERE: from Metro Tsaritsyno it's a 10-minute walk. Take the road/pedestrian tunnel under the mainline rail tracks opposite the metro, and go directly ahead - you'll see the entry to the Park (with ornamental gates and railings). Follow the main path (across the ornamental island) straight ahead, and you come to the Main Palace Complex. Entrance (and Ticket Office) is in the modern glass building to the left of the Main Palace (Bolshoi Dvorets). (Tsaritsyno is an C18th Palace Complex set in beautiful gardens. It would make a lovely afternoon trip, ending with the show at 5pm).

TICKETS: 150-300 roubles, from the Ticket Office on the day. The Ticket Office is at the Main Entrance (the new glass building) to the Bolshoi Dvorets ("Great Palace").

PROZRACHNY TEATR gave the Moscow premiere of this show in 2007 (with orchestra). Space is so limited at the Tsaritsyno Palace that we can't fit the orchestra in - this performance is with piano, played by Natalya Korshunova. Ticket prices reduced to match! We are giving a Moscow performance of a piano-accompanied version prior to taking the show on tour.

Please feel free to PM with any questions or queries!

I'll be introducing the performance in person - please come and say hello after the show :)

Miracle77777
10-09-2008, 10:17
Strongly recommend to come!
Judging by Director of the play - Performance should be wonderful!
And prices aren't so expensive, as I expected))))

My best wishes of luck to you, TT and I will try to greet you also!

Hugs, M................

Transparent Theatre
11-09-2008, 02:16
Thanks, Miracle :)

It's only a tiny show, but the story is quite funny. We got good reviews for it last time it was performed :) Two great performers in the cast!

DJ Biscuit
11-09-2008, 18:09
Break a leg.

I will be coming along for sure and am looking forward to it.

Transparent Theatre
12-09-2008, 03:07
Please note the start-time of 5pm!! ;)

DJ Biscuit
12-09-2008, 13:32
I will get there around 4pm.

Transparent Theatre
22-09-2008, 13:15
I will get there around 4pm.

Yes, but you came on the wrong day ;)

Thanks to all those who came - sorry the lighting was so dim, the Museum fire regulations don't permit anything brighter :(

Natalia Popova
23-09-2008, 10:34
THANK YOU TT FOR THE NICE PERFORMANCE! :applause:
LET US KNOW ABOUT THE NEXT ONE.

DJ Biscuit
23-09-2008, 20:03

Thanks to all those who came - sorry the lighting was so dim, the Museum fire regulations don't permit anything brighter :(

Sorry I couldn't make it, I was doing something selfish, me me me..

Genuinly wanted to come along but just couldn't this time. I will certainly try to be at the next thing you do :)

Miracle77777
24-09-2008, 01:59

Thanks to YOU who made an announcement for us....

Sorry - my flight was early the next day, around 4 am I need to take a taxi,,,, But I sent u many hugs with someone who wanted to come there>) Did u receive them? :gorgeous:

I will try to do my best next time when u will perform !!!!!

Best of luck, dear!!