PDA

View Full Version : What to write on visa application form?

Andy Capp
06-09-2008, 16:35
Hi,
i will soon be in Moscow and i am applying for a business visa. I haver heard the authorities are sticklers for the correct answers so I'm not sure what to write on the application form in the following areas:

8. Russian department or organisations to be visited
(I will not be visiting any, will i?)

14. Index and name of tourist group
(i'm not as tourist. I will be travelling independantly)

15. Place of work or study, position, its address, telephone number
(Does that mean in Russia or home country?)

16. Do you have medical coverage valid in Russia? Check one.
Official medical protection plan purchased
or
Other policy attached for approval.
(I have neither)

I have attached the form if it helps.
Also, when i have received the invitation letter how long is it valid for?

Thanks for any help.
:groan:

schmidtskatze
06-09-2008, 16:48
Do you mean you want to have a working visa? You'd need to get this once you are here with the help of your employer but they should prepare the application well in advance...

State the organisation here you obtain the invitation from. You need an invitation which more or less any travel agency can organise.

Strike it through then (not the text, the blank space)

Home country

You will need one and you better take a certificate with you. Noone ever asked me for it - but if they do its better to have something they can stamp even if they cannot read it...

Don't be too worried - paper is important here but as long as you have the right stamp on it noone really cares what it certifies :-)

farfalla
06-09-2008, 16:49
if you are applying for a business visa you should have an invitation from a company as far as i know. Do you have an invitation to use with your application? you definitely need an invitation to complete the application process.

Depending on the country you may not need insurance, i am australian and i have been told that i did not need insurance for my application, however, i have insurance, it is always a good idea. It may be best if you contact the Russian consulate in your country of residence.

i cant remember the 3rd question.. will post again soon with an attempt at an answer.

farfalla
06-09-2008, 16:51
seems like all of your questions have been answered, good luck! it seems a bit stressful preparing everything, but definitely worth it when you arrive and begin life in Russia!

Andy Capp
06-09-2008, 19:41
Do you mean you want to have a working visa? You'd need to get this once you are here with the help of your employer but they should prepare the application well in advance...

State the organisation here you obtain the invitation from. You need an invitation which more or less any travel agency can organise.

Strike it through then (not the text, the blank space)

Home country

You will need one and you better take a certificate with you. Noone ever asked me for it - but if they do its better to have something they can stamp even if they cannot read it...

Don't be too worried - paper is important here but as long as you have the right stamp on it noone really cares what it certifies :-)

I'm applying for a multiple entry 6 month (180 day) business visa.

I was told by a friend that no insurance is required although they ask for it on the application form.
Anyone else have any info on this? And what i should write on the form?

How long is the invitation valid?

Thanks for the answers so far.

Kartoshka
06-09-2008, 22:46
You need to put the name of the company issuing your invitation. It will be written on your invitation under the heading "Приглашающая организация и её адрес".

Don't put anything.

For a business visa you need to provide an introductory letter from your company in your home country (or from yourself if you are self employed), explaining why you need to travel to Russia on business. The address you write in this section should match the address on this letter.

or
Other policy attached for approval.
(I have neither)
Whether you need insurance or not depends on your nationality, although it is recommended. Britain has a reciprocal health agreement with Russia so insurance is not required in order to obtain a visa. What nationality are you?

I think your invitation will be valid for 6 months after the earliest date you specify for entering Russia. That's a guess based on the fact that my last invitation was for a 3 month visa and the invitation was valid for 3 months, and the one before that was a year visa and the invitation was valid for one year.

Remember that with a 6 month business visa you will only be able to stay in Russia for 90 days out of the 180 following your first entry into the country.

Andy Capp
06-09-2008, 23:00
Kartoshka, thanks for your reply.
I am British so what should i write for medical coverage?

Are you saying that i can wait for upto 6 months before i use the invitation letter to apply for the visa? Seems like a long time to me.

Judge
07-09-2008, 00:57
Maybe you know this already,but if you are staying for more than 3 months you will need to take a HIV test.

Andy Capp
07-09-2008, 08:30
Maybe you know this already,but if you are staying for more than 3 months you will need to take a HIV test.

Yes Judge, i know about the HIV test and will be having one done.
The two outstanding points are; what exactly to write on the form about medical coverage and whow long is the invitaion letter valid.
I can't believe it's possible to turn up at the embassy 6 months after the invitation letter was issued and still be able to use it.
Anyone?
Thanks

Judge
07-09-2008, 12:36
Yes Judge, i know about the HIV test and will be having one done.
The two outstanding points are; what exactly to write on the form about medical coverage and whow long is the invitaion letter valid.
I can't believe it's possible to turn up at the embassy 6 months after the invitation letter was issued and still be able to use it.
Anyone?
Thanks

Write down what kind of medical coverage you have,take a copy of the medical coverage along with you.The people at the embassy will tell you.

The invitaion letter will have dates on it,from when it can be used.These dates are when you will be coming to Russia.
Let's say your invite dates are 1st Jan to June 1st,this is the time you are invited to be in Russia..
I'm not sure if you apply for the visa lets say end of June and then get 6 months on that.

kapione
07-09-2008, 13:23

Are you saying that i can wait for upto 6 months before i use the invitation letter to apply for the visa? Seems like a long time to me.

do you understand the 90 day in 90 day out law applies to YOUR 6 month ME business Visa ? if you like to throw away money , to no benefit to you go ahead
unless you have a valid work permit , you will need to leave after 90 days , so next time before you make your arrangements look at older posts from people who have gone thru this more than once

their IS NO WAY AROUND the New Laws, YOU will pay more get your Documents but you wont be able to stay the time you are paying for

thank the gossip spreaders and rumour mongers for this
I will suggest you PM me or some the other more informed members here on EXPAT.ru
I will be glad to help advise u since Nov2007 Im on 3 single enrty Business Visas waiting for my other documents to be ready

People stop listening to BS,gossip + false rumours

schmidtskatze
07-09-2008, 15:32
do you understand the 90 day in 90 day out law applies to YOUR 6 month ME business Visa ? if you like to throw away money , to no benefit to you go ahead
unless you have a valid work permit , you will need to leave after 90 days , so next time before you make your arrangements look at older posts from people who have gone thru this more than once

their IS NO WAY AROUND the New Laws, YOU will pay more get your Documents but you wont be able to stay the time you are paying for

I will suggest you PM me or some the other more informed members here on EXPAT.ru
I will be glad to help advise u since Nov2007 Im on 3 single enrty Business Visas waiting for my other documents to be ready

I think no one on this thread indicated that he can stay 180 days in a row here - unless I'm a bit blind...

But I agree, the 6 month visa will only allow you to get in a out during this period - but no stay above the 3 months cap (a multi entry tourist visa does the same and can go up to 1 year - I always used this one before I got my permanent visa which you get only in combination with a working permit - which again requires a company employing you + they need the quota to employ foreigners from the FMS).

Do you want to work here or are you just coming over for other reasons? This drives mainly everything. Can give a full bunch of experience (although in the eyes of kapione I may not qualify as senior member here given that I just have experience for 3 years getting in an out + working here - "Newbie" status not always means no clue:wavey:!).

I'm not in the details of British - Russian health care agreements, but would check whether they really reimburse you on the costs you had here (which can easily go up far above London standards). It''s just if you really fall ill here it may be wise to have deep pockets - unless you like the state run hospitals where in theory treatment is for free but in practice you need very good "negotiating" power to get the treatment you need. And the first thing the American Medical Center checks is your credit card - not your healt status...

trebor
07-09-2008, 18:20

I think he can enter and exit many times during the life of the visa without overstaying the 90 day rule.
And if he does go over the 90 days (nor at any one time) during the life of the visa who's going to check?

Kartoshka
07-09-2008, 19:17

I always put Personal Travel Insurance, and they have never asked to see the policy. If you aren't going to buy medical cover and you don't want to risk them asking to see the policy, I guess put None.

Brits need an HIV test for a working or student visa, but NOT for a business visa. Presumably this is because on a business visa you can't stay longer than 3 months.

To be honest I don't know about the invitation... does it matter? Do you not know when you want to go to Russia?