PDA

View Full Version : Testimonials and proof that dating is all about location, location, location!

Eurofile007
06-09-2008, 00:06
Hear from others who testify that dating is all about location, location, location!

With all the letters I get from others who have also found that dating is like real estate - it’s all about location, location, location - I’ve ran out of places in this ebook to put them, so I’ve created this section to post them. Hear are the testimonials and accounts, in their own words. As you can see, as in real estate, it’s all about location, location, location! (as well as personal chemistry and culture)

Happier Abroad :: View topic - Another new guy (hp://www.happierabroad.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4077)

"Hi all, well my story is about the same as yours, but here it is anyway: for a long time I blamed myself for my lack of success with American women. So, I worked hard for many years to improve myself to the point where I would be worthy of a decent American woman. I got myself a Ph.D., then a job at an Ivy-league school, got myself into excellent physical shape, took up lots of cool hobbies like skiing, tennis, ballroom dance... and I was still getting rejected by women who had no business being picky! I had my epiphany when I was 33 and dating an overweight, 42-year-old, divorced mother who dumped me because I didn't have a "wild side". So then I did some traveling to (among other places) Hungary, the Czech Republic, and the Philippines, and beautiful young women couldn't keep their hands off of me! Dating is like real estate- the 3 most important factors are location, location, location!"

"Hell for me started in junior high school (I attended Sunnyvale Jr. High) in sixth grade. It’s basically the same story as yours. I went to Fremont High School in Sunnyvale for freshman year, and it was a nightmare. I used a fake address to go to Homestead High School in Cupertino, and although it was an improvement (in terms of less barbarians), it was still a nightmare. Almost everything you said about your high school experience matches mine. There was not even one girl who had any interest in me.

Although I am an agnostic, when it comes to my romantic life, I like to jokingly say that “Jesus saved me.” In 1999 (when I was 23), my parents, who are Catholic, wanted to make a pilgrimage to the Vatican, as well as travel around Italy and France for three weeks. They really wanted me to come along with them (for free!). Prior to this, I had never truly been out of the USA (I went to India for two weeks when I was 15, but stayed in a family friend’s home the entire time, so I didn’t get to interact with the Indian people much). While in Florence, I went into a bar by myself. It was somewhat empty, and there were many empty tables around the one I was sitting at. I saw a beautiful blonde girl with her two cute friends (a redhead and brunette), and made eye contact with her. We kept exchanging glances, she seemed so happy that I was looking at her, and her friends were happy about it, too. The redhead came over to my table and asked if she and her two friends could join me. So they all joined me. They were from Sweden.

Keep this in mind... I am not passive. I am an extrovert who goes up and talks to women I am interested in. This got me absolutely nowhere in the USA up to that point.

In Lourdes, France (a Catholic tourist destination), sexy locals were checking me out. Then I get back to the USA, and nothing happens romantically for me. Not even a single date.

One year later, in the summer of 2000, I decide to try a personal experiment... I want to know if there is something wrong with me, or with America and American women. I get on a plane to Sweden and stay in Stockholm for two weeks. The second day I’m there, a girl asks me out on a date. The next day in a club, a girl is very interested in me and tells my close friend (a Swedish guy who was an exchange student and the only friend I had during my senior year of high school) that she was disappointed that I left early. A few days later, in a queue for a club, a hot blonde starts hitting on me, and asks me to join her and her friend. She sits on my lap in the club while we drink. (I know Sweden is a very feminist country, and I am 100% opposed to feminism in all its forms, but even so, you can still see how big of a difference there is between Sweden and the USA when it comes to getting dates).

I come back to the USA, and despite my constantly approaching and chatting up girls, I go without sex for two years."

"I could not agree more on the sorry state of American women (in terms of dating in general). For me, Chinese women (in China) have been sooooo good, and they are thin and hot; they are well edcuated and will do everything for you. The guys who get stuck here in North America are, well, stuck. This is not even to mention the physical state of the women here; most American women over 30 are obese (not just over-weight). And they are used; who knows how many STDs they have had. I feel sorry for them sometimes.

I applaude you courage and wish you the best.

ZN"

Happier Abroad :: View topic - Why some men attract women, and others don't. (hp://www.happierabroad.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=6394#6394)

"I have seen that because my personality remains unchanged, as I go from country to country the reactions of women to me are incredibly different. Why do I attract women in one country and not in another? Because of different cultures and values that they have vis-a vis men. When I lived in Russia as a teenager, girls would write me notes, come and see me in the house even if uninvited, tell their friends how much they were in love with me. When in America, all of that suddenly was gone and women would pass me by steely-eyed with not even a look of curiosity on their faces. I simply stopped existing as a man."

Happier Abroad :: View topic - Why many white men get short end of stick with Thai women (hp://www.happierabroad.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2412)

"I've never been to the Philippines, Winston, but after spending a month in Thailand I'm willing to believe everything you say about it.

It's not hard to meet girls in Thailand, it's hard to get rid of them. Not just bar-girls either - although there is a delightful abundance of those - but regular Thai women. There's a rumor that Thai women won't marry Western men, that only the lower classes do, and so on - but it's not true at all. Thai women of all classes are interested in Western guys.

That said, the girls from the north, from Issan chiefly, figure disproportionately in the plans of farangs (Westerners) because these girls are the ones who work in the bars and massage parlors of Bangkok and Pattaya, and to the Western eye they're very attractive, despite the Thai preference for lighter skin as noted in my earlier post.

That was my first trip abroad, Winston, and it has convinced me that your position that Western guys can have a better life in other countries is absolutely correct. More men die of happiness in Thailand than heart disease, cancer, and stroke combined..."

Happier Abroad :: View topic - Loveshy and Loveshy.com (hp://www.happierabroad.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1898)

“I was very nervous around women, I found it nearly impossible to engage a woman in a conversation. I was convinced that was the reason I couldn't get dates. I was angry at myself for not being able to overcome this, but trying harder only made it worse. I spent a lot of time thinking about it and went to a doctor and was prescribed anti-anxiety medications but they didn't really help.

This problem came to an unexpected halt when I traveled to Asia and within a week I learned that I am really only abnormally nervous around American women. When I thought about it, this actually made perfect sense.

When I'm in a country like Thailand or the Philippines, I know that I am desirable to the women there (I get reassured of that everyday). So even if I get turned down by a woman, she probably has a good reason to say no, and she will be flattered rather than act like I'm some creep.

When I'm overseas, I don't subconsciously feel like I'm doing something wrong by flirting with a woman.

What it boils down to, is that foreign women are an entirely different species than western women. If I had been told 2 years ago that my love shyness/social anxiety with women could be solved simply by changing the type of women that I was pursuing, I probably wouldn't have believed it. It's one of those things you have to experience to fully understand.”

What Men are saying about Women.: Top Ten Reasons Why American Women Suck... (hp://whatmenthinkofwomen.blogspot.com/2007/04/top-ten-reasons-why-american-women-suck.html)

“Absolutely true! Every word in the 10 reasons. I was married to an American woman for 14 years. I left the marriage a hollow shell, a broken man. Why couldn't I do anything right? Everything was my fault, right? I must have been the evil bastard she described! Long story short = the AW got the house, and the 500K of capital gains (California). Not to mention my heart andf soul. I licked my wounds for 5 years, feeling bad about myself.

Then, I discovered Mexico. At the age of 42, I found a new life. I met a fantastic woman... loving, selfless, sharing, caring, and did I mention drop-dead gorgeous? I am now living in Southern Mexico, completely happy. I have been married to my Oaxaquena for 3 years, and the heat just gets hotter. We actually appreciate each other and life together is a 2 way street. She is always at my side with encouragement and support. And no, we don't place a lot of value on material things. When I am up in the states on business, or to visit my side of the family, I am quickly ready to come home. I laugh at the poor bastards I see chasing tail with their tongues hanging out. I don't give any american woman any thought except what a kid must think after the first time he touches a hot stove. I have been relieved of the sickness the shallow ones!

One need only sit in a coffee shop in a mall for 5 minutes to see the problem in its stark reality. Watch the women as they salivate over material goods and ignore everything and everyone in the area besides themselves. Do you see any smiles or eye contact going on? Absolutely none. In Mexico, smiles, personal greetings, hugs, kisses on the cheek, fond embraces are the order of the day. Contrast this with fake tits, collagen lips, and harried scowls, evil countenances, and the inability to pass up any type of reflective surface. Whattaya got? I have no use for American women. I only feel bad that I wasted 14 years of my life on one of them. RIGHT ON with the 10 rules!”

Happier Abroad :: View topic - Funny image of American vs. non-American woman (hp://www.happierabroad.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4219)

“Last night on a foreign subway, I gave my business card to the most gorgeous woman in the world, a 20 year old college student 30 years younger than myself whom I had only said a few words to about her dressing very stylishly. Then I got off the subway car saying please send me a text message sometime.

Just as the doors were closing, she jumped off the subway car asking for clarification about why I gave her my card. The subway pulled away.

Five hours later, after dinner, we were holding hands while walking along a river.

Her education level was way, way above the best Harvard student I have dated (and I have dated a number of Harvard students).

I could not have been happier about my decision to live outside the US.

The above would NEVER happen in the New York subway with someone raised in the US on CNN or Fox News to be paranoid and scared of her own shadow.”

BelgianSoviet
06-09-2008, 01:45
is there a point to this, besides that 30+ american women are ugly & fat?

Len Ganley Stance
06-09-2008, 08:54
is there a point to this, besides that 30+ american women are ugly & fat?

We've had Winston (Eurofile007) on here before. If you have a look at some of the posts on this thread -

http://www.expat.ru/forum/expat-cafe/76658-four-major-problems-america-drove-me-overseas.html

you'll generally get the drift of where Winston (Eurofile007) is coming from, but I can perhaps save you the trouble by just summing it up - Winson can't get laid.

Actually, you should take the time to read some of that thread and the links that Winston provided as there is some absolutely hilarious stuff on there.