PDA

View Full Version : www.redtape.ru is down - what's up?

Maine Surfer
05-09-2008, 12:54
says domain name is not registered

does anyone know what's going on?

matlockk
05-09-2008, 12:59
No

Sent an email to MM but he's down as well, or in Dubai.

Maybe it's been sold to Man City.

BeachBum
05-09-2008, 13:00
says domain name is not registered

does anyone know what's going on?
too many losers on that site,,,,,,,,

OuterSpace
05-09-2008, 13:01
i can reach without problem ?

Benedikt
05-09-2008, 13:08
registration has expired...:snoring:
didn't we hear that also about the moscow times a few month's back. at least they got it going again....

moscowmail
05-09-2008, 13:19
There was a mess up with payment of the domain, it has been paid, some people get on OK, some people can't, it should be fully restored shortly

I have spoken Boscoe and he has given me permission to put this message up, thanks for your time and understanding

alex shifrin
05-09-2008, 13:29
I have spoken Boscoe and he has given me permission to put this message up...

wow. you guys now need a visa to visit each other's sites?

Braders
05-09-2008, 13:49
I hope Boscoe and his fellow admin do not mind. (we'd permit the same) ;)

Those having difficulties can access the site using the following URL.

Apologies. When I try to post the link the name of the site shows up and that wouldn't be allowed.

http://87. 242. 99. 223/forum (this without the gaps)

Thanks.

veejay
05-09-2008, 13:58
not sure if others are having the same probs, but when i get to the page using the http Braders posted, take out the gaps, and the page opens, it comes up as funky format page. Then, clicking on 'forums' yields the expired domain registration page again...

I don't understand why some can access it and others cannot?

Anyway...thanks for the update and hope it gets sorted soon!

boscoe
05-09-2008, 14:03
Guys I can lend you 100 rubles so you can renew your domain if you'd like ;)

boscoe
05-09-2008, 14:14
wow. you guys now need a visa to visit each other's sites?
I know silly isn't it...

Anyway my agency 'the creative house' is moving offices, could you please send an email to everyone on your agency's distribution list to let people know please ;)

Maine Surfer
05-09-2008, 14:16

:10806: :D :D :D

i can chip in too :)

Judge
05-09-2008, 14:18

All donations are welcome..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/connected/graphics/2007/05/01/nscience300.jpg

TD
05-09-2008, 18:24
http://87. 242. 99. 223/forum (this without the gaps)

the usual way to do this is to replace the http with hxxp so it doesn't try to resolve... easier to go back and just switch the two letters to make it work

TD
05-09-2008, 18:26
There was a mess up with payment of the domain, it has been paid

Best way to avoid this in future is to dump a couple thousand rubes in the nic.ru account... they will automatically be applied to any domain that comes up for renewal

britpat1
05-09-2008, 18:50
I cannot get ino red either.

DJ Biscuit
05-09-2008, 18:54
Isn't this a bit like going into Pushkin Cafe and complaining you can't get served in Coffee House?

:)

kirk10071
05-09-2008, 19:02
Isn't this a bit like going into Pushkin Cafe and complaining you can't get served in Coffee House?

... and asking them if they know what's wrong and how long this is going to last and maybe somebody in here can help...? Is there a riff-raff room where the redtapers can have a coffee and wait for their site to re-open out of the view of the regular customers?

DooLittle
05-09-2008, 19:24
Haven't been on for months (been VERY busy) and was greeted with the domain name expiration today - even felt a pang of sorrow. Used the direct IP address and now have 22,448 new posts to read through - guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend...

Albertina
05-09-2008, 20:07
It's their Karma for banning innocent users who disagreed with the mods :D :clown:

Albertina
05-09-2008, 20:08
Maybe today will the highest traffic on Expat :mml:

Billie Bob
06-09-2008, 13:31
I feel like singing "ebony and ivory" fgor some reason!
:1306::1306::piano::1306::1306:

urtapxe
06-09-2008, 13:43
expired yesterday. they just need to pay their domain renewal by 7 October.

domain details are below.

====

WHOIS information for: redtape.ru:

[whois.ripn.net]
% By submitting a query to RIPN's Whois Service
% you agree to abide by the following terms of use:
% http://www.ripn.net/about/servpol.html#3.2 (in Russian)
% Terms of Use (http://www.ripn.net/about/en/servpol.html#3.2) (in English).

domain: REDTAPE.RU
type: CORPORATE
nserver: expirepages-kiae-1.nic.ru.
nserver: expirepages-kiae-2.nic.ru.
state: REGISTERED, DELEGATED
org: Anonyme Company "Datacenter Luxembourg"
phone: +352 26 19 16 24
phone: +352 26 19 16 1
fax-no: +352 26 20 29 96
e-mail: info@dclux.com
e-mail: cmarchetti@eurodns.com
registrar: RUCENTER-REG-RIPN
created: 2006.09.04
paid-till: 2008.09.04
free-date: 2008.10.07
source: TC-RIPN

Last updated on 2008.09.06 13:27:32 MSK/MSD

Billie Bob
06-09-2008, 14:02
http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/ena0184l.jpg

Gypsy
06-09-2008, 14:29
It's their Karma for banning innocent users who disagreed with the mods :D :clown:
There is a difference between disagreeing with a mod; and mod bashing.

Braders
06-09-2008, 17:13
expired yesterday. they just need to pay their domain renewal by 7 October.

As soon as we realised the domain had expired the payment was made to renew it and it went through fine.

Because it's a .ru it doesn't take hours rather days to renew. I have been told Tuesday at the very latest and today at the earliest.

I'd like to thank the admin/mods for allowing us to share this info on expat.ru.

TD
06-09-2008, 17:43
Because it's a .ru it doesn't take hours rather days to renew.

I had a similar situation last week - once the money got into the account it was back up in 3 - 6 hours...

Kartoshka
06-09-2008, 22:26
It's strange, I was able to get on yesterday and this morning, but not this evening.

Transparent Theatre
06-09-2008, 22:42

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Bels
06-09-2008, 23:09
Err! What's all the fuss about. Expat.ru is running fine as usual! What's the problem. If you're talking about a two bit site,forget about it. How many times have I heard about a site that has finished, and how many time do we have to welcome you lot here. Don't you ever give up, It's dead, believe it . Or just try a new one. I tried it once :) I was talking to myself :)

Judge
07-09-2008, 00:53
Err! What's all the fuss about. Expat.ru is running fine as usual! What's the problem. If you're talking about a two bit site,forget about it. How many times have I heard about a site that has finished, and how many time do we have to welcome you lot here. Don't you ever give up, It's dead, believe it . Or just try a new one. I tried it once :) I was talking to myself :)

RT is not dead Bels.They have payment problems,i'm sure they will be up and running soon.

Malypense
07-09-2008, 01:01
Err! What's all the fuss about. Expat.ru is running fine as usual! What's the problem. If you're talking about a two bit site,forget about it. How many times have I heard about a site that has finished, and how many time do we have to welcome you lot here. Don't you ever give up, It's dead, believe it . Or just try a new one. I tried it once :) I was talking to myself :)No Bels, you went to Redtape when the points system was stopped on Expat because you and a few "friends" were abusing it so that newbies weren't welcomed and you were killing the site.

You went over there because they still have a rep system and you wanted to get your "power" back. You failed because you have to actually earn respect from people to get positive rep. You are hostile, unfriendly and not at all welcoming to people who aren't "jedi knights".

Try being nice for a change.

Bels
07-09-2008, 11:49
Wrong , there was only about three bad guys that were ganged up on , and they were rightfully banned.

Gypsy
07-09-2008, 12:17
Wrong , there was only about three bad guys that were ganged up on , and they were rightfully banned.
The victims were banned?

I think you must mean that the perpetrators of the ganging up were banned, not the victims.

Malypense
07-09-2008, 12:42
Wrong , there was only about three bad guys that were ganged up on , and they were rightfully banned.:Loco:

Albertina
07-09-2008, 17:13
There is a difference between disagreeing with a mod; and mod bashing.

yes, this is a very true observation! I was trying to impress this upon the redtape mods, but they still didn't want to see the difference :p

Albertina
07-09-2008, 17:19
RT is not dead Bels.They have payment problems,i'm sure they will be up and running soon.

If you ask me, this is a major f$-up on their part. If they can't do one key task that keeps a site online... and pay on time once a year, what kind of managers are they?! I would not even hire them as my secretaries :D Jeez. LMAO!

Braders
07-09-2008, 17:34
If you ask me, this is a major f$-up on their part. If they can't do one key task that keeps a site online... and pay on time once a year, what kind of managers are they?! I would not even hire them as my secretaries :D Jeez. LMAO!

When a payment is processed with a new credit card and goes through fine on your screen, yet later on the domain registration company chooses not to inform you that it hasn't gone through after all, then there's very little you can do about it until you realise the domain has expired.

There are no problems with the site overall, it's merely a matter of waiting for them to renew the domain, they told me that will be done by Tuesday at the very latest.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Sidney Bliss
07-09-2008, 17:34
yes, this is a very true observation! I was trying to impress this upon the redtape mods, but they still didn't want to see the difference :p

They're a bunch of... nah, I won't :)

Albertina
07-09-2008, 18:33
When a payment is processed with a new credit card and goes through fine on your screen, yet later on the domain registration company chooses not to inform you that it hasn't gone through after all, then there's very little you can do about it until you realise the domain has expired.

There are no problems with the site overall, it's merely a matter of waiting for them to renew the domain, they told me that will be done by Tuesday at the very latest.

Maybe paying well in advance would have helped :reindeer:

BTW, I miss hearing this from your what's it called site: :D : It's very inspirational and invigorating! You should put it on while the site is down:

YouTube- Hit the road Jack!

xSnoofovich
07-09-2008, 18:39

I think the problem is that you didn't directly register the domain with nic.ru.

You used a third party.

I have about 30+ .ru names, and I get emails from them about a month before the domain expires. Then, if I still don't pay - I have up till a month after to pay.

But, once I do pay - then- it clicks back in less than an hour.

TD
07-09-2008, 18:58
I think the problem is that you didn't directly register the domain with nic.ru.

ahhh... very good point - I had assumed the domain was registered directly through nic.ru

not only do you get an email a month from the expire date, you get one EVERY DAY until you do renew the domain or mark it as not renewable

Periwinkle
07-09-2008, 19:02
Maybe paying well in advance would have helped :reindeer:

BTW, I miss hearing this from your what's it called site: :D : It's very inspirational and invigorating! You should put it on while the site is down:

YouTube - Hit the road Jack! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8Tiz6INF7I&feature=related)

Does this song have fond memories for you?:gay:

is4fun
07-09-2008, 21:35
Revenge is a dish best served cold.

moscowmail
07-09-2008, 22:34
I would like to thank Boscoe and the mods and the majority of the sensible users here

TD, thanks for the advice, maybe that is the problem and we wil look into it

We will also officially thank the above on RT when it is fully restored

Albertina
07-09-2008, 23:42
I would like to thank Boscoe and the mods and the majority of the sensible users here

TD, thanks for the advice, maybe that is the problem and we wil look into it

We will also officially thank the above on RT when it is fully restored

Please don't forget to also erase the expat.ru collective bashing thread :yuk:

TD
08-09-2008, 05:01

hmmm... that might go a long way towards bringing us closer to a collective group hug :sunny: :beerbros:

Gypsy
08-09-2008, 10:28
Doesn't this contradict your desire for freedom of speech?

Since I rejoined both sites there has been significantly more Redtape bashing on this site than expat.ru bashing on the other. From memory I can remember 2 posts on RT that were stamped on immediately by the Mods over there. Bels alone has made many many more anti RT posts than that.

The thread you refer to was edited out at the time anyway.

DJ Biscuit
08-09-2008, 11:50

What about the rest of the sensible users?

Gypsy
08-09-2008, 11:53

F*** 'em!

Len Ganley Stance
08-09-2008, 12:07

And the unsensible losers?

DJ Biscuit
08-09-2008, 12:12
F*** 'em!

You probably already have.

Gypsy
08-09-2008, 12:19
You probably already have.
.......................splutters into coffee which covers the screen.

I resemble that remark.

I shall call you out - handbags at ten paces.

Cad!

Random
08-09-2008, 12:53
.......................splutters into coffee which covers the screen.

I resemble that remark.

I shall call you out - handbags at ten paces.

Cad!

If you're calling him out - surely it would be Cooooeeeeee

Gypsy
08-09-2008, 12:58
If you're calling him out - surely it would be Cooooeeeeee
Randers old stick - how the devil are you?

Could I prevail upon you to be my second as I thrash young Biccers to within an inch of his life?

Random
08-09-2008, 13:31
Randers old stick - how the devil are you?

Could I prevail upon you to be my second as I thrash young Biccers to within an inch of his life?

Thrashing young Biccers ! Steady on old fruit !

Bels
08-09-2008, 13:31
Well its nice to see you all back together on this thread in, expat.ru making yourselves famous :)

So let's all call it a truce and start by re-introducing yourselves and getting active here on this forum. As you are all welcome back. :):10168::10168::10168::10168:

Gypsy
08-09-2008, 14:03
Well its nice to see you all back together on this thread in, expat.ru making yourselves famous :)

So let's all call it a truce and start by re-introducing yourselves and getting active here on this forum. As you are all welcome back. :):10168::10168::10168::10168:
Who is back?

Random and DJB have been on expat since Moses was a lad.

Bels
08-09-2008, 15:23
Anybody from redtape.ru who has been not too active here for a long time, apart from occasional banter now and again, normally about redtape.ru. Any low active members reading this thread whilst redtape is not fuctioning properly, or even those redtape members who might be newbies here. Yes I am fully aware that there are oldies here, but haven't been too active here for a longtime. And I have been here long enough to remember some of them.

It's just an encouragement for all of us to be more active here together as one, in all subjects. We don't have to be split up.

Yes all welcome and no more :bash: each other.

Peace with us all, and if we can't do it, what chances have Russia, Georgia and the west got.

Gypsy
08-09-2008, 15:26
Anybody from redtape.ru who has been not too active here for a long time, apart from occasional banter now and again, normally about redtape.ru. Any low active members reading this thread whilst redtape is not fuctioning properly, or even those redtape members who might be newbies here. Yes I am fully aware that there are oldies here, but haven't been too active here for a longtime. And I have been here long enough to remember some of them.

It's just an encouragement for all of us to be more active here together as one, in all subjects. We don't have to be split up.

Yes all welcome and no more :bash: each other.

Peace with us all, and if we can't do it, what chances have Russia, Georgia and the west got.
Did you join Hare Krishna over the weekend?

Bels
08-09-2008, 15:30
No change of tactics, and I was reminded by someone that not all are that bad from the other side :)

And I have learned never to keep grudges going for too long.

Bels
08-09-2008, 15:32
Would you rather a hillbillie style fued? :)

Gypsy
08-09-2008, 15:41
Would you rather a hillbillie style fued? :)
Good lord no - not even if it was spelled feud.:)

Chill, the Hare Krishna comment was a joke.

Sidney Bliss
08-09-2008, 15:44
No change of tactics, and I was reminded by someone that not all are that bad from the other side :)

True, they just don't give a f***.

petrusha
08-09-2008, 15:47
I've barely posted on here for about 18 months. Actually, until fairly recently, I wasn't aware how active this site is these days. I now check it much more often than I used to - will try to post more often too.

Sidney Bliss
08-09-2008, 15:50
I've barely posted on here for about 18 months. Actually, until fairly recently, I wasn't aware how active this site is these days. I now check it much more often than I used to - will try to post more often too.

Please do, always found your posts a good read!

MissAnnElk
08-09-2008, 15:59
True, they just don't give a f***.

Why would either site give a rat's pah-toot what the other site is doing? :question:

You either belong to and enjoy both or you belong to and enjoy one. Big deal.

Gypsy
08-09-2008, 16:02
Why would either site give a rat's pah-toot what the other site is doing? :question:

Which part of the rat is the pah-toot, by the way?

petrusha
08-09-2008, 16:09

Thank you for your kind words. (Looked for a blush emoticon but can't seem to find one).

I agree. If there are different sites, then they probably cater for differing demands from potential users. No need for people to be critical of the 'other' site, as happens sometimes over there (and, it seems, occasionally over here too).

MissAnnElk
08-09-2008, 16:10
Which part of the rat is the pah-toot, by the way?

The butt-end.

Is this another one of those quaint differences between the languages of our respective peoples?

Gypsy
08-09-2008, 16:11
The butt-end.

Is this another one of those quaint differences between the languages of our respective peoples?
Sho nuff Miss Elk!

Bels
08-09-2008, 18:11
Thank you for your kind words. (Looked for a blush emoticon but can't seem to find one).

I agree. If there are different sites, then they probably cater for differing demands from potential users. No need for people to be critical of the 'other' site, as happens sometimes over there (and, it seems, occasionally over here too).

Yes:) Relax and enjoy and read, red or whatever. And see who gives a hoot about the other. Even Waytorussia has stated through unusual statistics that they are better than expat :) Simply by mentioning expat shows their fear, and this site only specialises only on travel, with limited biased info even at that. on the forum :) Hey you get advise unbiased info and for free here! Through the experience of our expats. and yes some also participate on redtape, so I'm not attacking.

Ok, I promise I won't criticise redtape.ru , and the other one I could quote from as its a sticky, however why bother as to be honest with you they are very sleepy, and you will be lucky to get an answer in a month on their forum, never mind a week!!

Yes!! :) Time for a truce and join together.

Bels
08-09-2008, 18:14

And thank you Petrushka, as I look forward to your posts. :) And I am sure I won't be the only one to respond. Welcome back.

Bels
08-09-2008, 18:16

Same for you Sidney, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who enjoys your constant sense of humour. :)

Sidney Bliss
08-09-2008, 18:20
Same for you Sidney, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who enjoys your constant sense of humour. :)

F*** off, Bels! :)

Sidney Bliss
08-09-2008, 19:48

A long (and not very interesting) story. Short version: a number of redtape moderators and admin are no longer on the Bliss christmas card list for behaving like complete c**ts.

MissAnnElk
08-09-2008, 20:03
A long (and not very interesting) story. Short version: a number of redtape moderators and admin are no longer on the Bliss christmas card list for behaving like complete c**ts.

Merry F***ing Christmas, then.

xSnoofovich
08-09-2008, 20:21
Merry F***ing Christmas, then.

;)

although it had some obvious merit I think the picture was a little bit too much outside Bardak - Boscoe

Braders
08-09-2008, 21:20
Ok, I promise I won't criticise redtape.ru ,

Okay.....

however why bother as to be honest with you they are very sleepy, and you will be lucky to get an answer in a month on their forum, never mind a week!!.

You need serious help Bels.

If you had any idea the amount of time and effort I'd put into getting that site up in the last two days, maybe then you'd show a little more respect for people who run these type of forums.

The admin gave us permission to divulge details on here, so without sounding rude, stop ya whinging man!

You're on a one man mission to what exactly? You just can't help yourself. Do you see me on the other site or a multitude of other admin/mods/members complaining/MOANING! about any other forum?

No, it's limited to a very select few like you.

Seriously, what is wrong with you?

Please don't answer that.

Apologis to the mods/admin I can't bite my tongue anymore when I see pure drivel from an unstable person like Bels. He has no idea how helpful online communities can be, and more importantly, nor does he care.

My two cents.

MissAnnElk
08-09-2008, 21:22
Okay, can't we all just get along?

We have more in common than not. Let's just stick to discussing news and updates about our sister site . . . and leave it at that. Okay?

Bels
08-09-2008, 21:57
Read again and don't reduce my quotes, and you find there is no drivel. Read carefully, because you can't read First of all I wasn't being serious, and I have no reason to feel resentful here where I am. I was referring to another site, not redtape But if you think redtape is like that, I can't help you with that problem. I was referring to WaytoRUSSIA who claim to be higher than expat.ru, and only shows recognition and fear of this forum. of course their statistics were twisted in some manner. I just find it interesting and that's all.

So help me, please :)

You need serious help Bels.

If you had any idea the amount of time and effort I'd put into getting that site up in the last two days, maybe then you'd show a little more respect for people who run these type of forums.

The admin gave us permission to divulge details on here, so without sounding rude, stop ya whinging man!

You're on a one man mission to what exactly? You just can't help yourself. Do you see me on the other site or a multitude of other admin/mods/members complaining/MOANING! about any other forum?

No, it's limited to a very select few like you.

Seriously, what is wrong with you?

Please don't answer that.

Apologis to the mods/admin I can't bite my tongue anymore when I see pure drivel from an unstable person like Bels. He has no idea how helpful online communities can be, and more importantly, nor does he care.

My two cents.[/QUOTE]

Bels
08-09-2008, 22:08
And yes I fully appreciate that you are trying to put a site back up that came from the split of expat.ru.

And I think that I and all other regular members here have been placid and pleasant listening to your problems. Expat.ru has even allowed you to use your name on this thread and have been welcoming and placid. Yes I hope you get the matter sorted out and get back to normal bashing us over in expat.ru and saying what a rotten lousy lot we are here.

If I remember correctly expat.ru could only be called the other side over there, and friendly communication between expats, including my introduction thread was closed.

Let's keep this one open, to show how nice we are. Sorry, but you should read back, there has been a bit of friendly mocking, but nothing bitter.

Boy! some of you are so tense and upset over something so small.

xSnoofovich
08-09-2008, 22:12
;)

although it had some obvious merit I think the picture was a little bit too much outside Bardak - Boscoe

Boo ! where is my picture ?

There wasn't any nudity or pornography there. Surely the liberals on our site will fight for freedom of speech that didn't violate any nudity standards ! I mean, I couldn't post that on a Republican site, or show it on O'reilly, but it would be the standard on the Daily Show !

Fascists !

;)

boscoe
08-09-2008, 22:13
OK this is only going one way... That's the reason we banned any mention of other sites here.

If the admin from the other site want to post that their site is working again on expat, please let me know and I'll post it for you and then close the thread, as I'm doing with this one.