PDA

View Full Version : TRP in 4 months

MaltSokol
04-09-2008, 16:16
Hi,
My application for TRP was accepted 1 hour ago (наконец-то!!). I have been told that the standard waiting time for non-CIS is 4 months (even the inspector was surprised when I said 6 months...). It was in Saint-Petersburg, Vasileostrovsky rayon.

cookie monster
04-09-2008, 16:29
That's good news, but just be prepared cause all docs has to be forwarded to the Main FMS office and to the FSB for background check. Got mine in 5mos, and the average processing is 6 to 8mos. One dilemma, is there are instances when docs are approved by the Main FMS office, and delays can be due to the fact that the no one from the district where you applied collects the docs from the Main FMS immediately.

Proper Bostonian
04-09-2008, 18:03
Congratulations! Mine was 4 months here in Moscow. if I were to go by the approval date, it was actually just over 3 months. but somehow despite weekly calls, it took my local FMS office 3 wks to get it. Doesn't matter to me as it just means I'm almost a month closer to being able to apply for vid na zhiteltsvo. Registration was kind of a pain, but only took a couple of days. Next up is getting a visa to exit & re-enter. Does this stuff ever stop?

Good luck!

Hi,
My application for TRP was accepted 1 hour ago (наконец-то!!). I have been told that the standard waiting time for non-CIS is 4 months (even the inspector was surprised when I said 6 months...). It was in Saint-Petersburg, Vasileostrovsky rayon.

MaltSokol
05-09-2008, 07:54
She also asked what I would apply for after the TRP: ВнЖ or citizenship. I thought ВнЖ was mandatory before citizenship. Anyway I prefer ВнЖ, because I don't want to be sent to the army. :)
:10641:

nyinrussia
05-09-2008, 09:07
Congratulations!

ahmedik79
05-09-2008, 14:11
congratulations alberto!!!!:mml::mml::mml:
can you tell us your experience before you get to this stage of accepting your papers??
what problems you faces?which papers you prepared?did you do some mistakes which you can advise us to avoid when applying to TRP too??
and what is this two options you can apply for (ВнЖ or citizenship).....
plz tell us more about your experience with this subject and which visa type you entered russia with to apply for the TRP...
thanks

MaltSokol
05-09-2008, 17:58
Hi ahmedik79, I'll try to answer your questions.

About the documents I gave the following

2 Questionnaires, with no mistakes
Absolutely no mistakes or corrections! Practice your cyrillic as you may have to add things when you are there :P The inspector had to spell me "отсутствие" like 4 times.
4 Photos. 35x45 ch/b, mat.
Processing fee (госпошлина) 400 rub. paid in Sberbank
Migration card (+ copy), Copy of visa (show original or notarial copy), registration slip (+ copy)
Passport (+ translated-notarized copy)
Translation in 24 hours for 800 rub. I think.

MEDICAL THINGS
Medical certificate
This one I got it in a state hospital, it took me 2 hours and 3,500 rub. Got the results in 3 days.
HIV test
Included in the previous

PERSONAL STUFF
Criminal record.
Apostilled in your country or embassy, and translated in notarius. Maybe 500 rub + 3 EUR spanish fees....
Marriage certificate (+ copy)
Proof of income of the previous year (i.e. 2007)
If you don't have any, or it was in black, youŽll have to declare yourself your spouse's parasite and bring his income spravka... :P

APARTMENT
Agreement of the spouse to let you live at home for a period of 3 years. Standard thing done in Notarius. It took 10 minutes and cost 300 rub. (we were in a rush)
Spouse's passport (original+copy)
Notarial copy of the property certificate AND the contract (also bring original). 150 or 200 rub.
Form 9 of the apartment. You get it in the ЖСК of your building. they give it for free. A registered person has to request it

Dashanew
05-09-2008, 22:02
She also asked what I would apply for after the TRP: ВнЖ or citizenship. I thought ВнЖ was mandatory before citizenship. Anyway I prefer ВнЖ, because I don't want to be sent to the army. :)
:10641:

I also was told for my husband that to apply for citizenship he needs vid na zhitelstvo. It was last month in migration service office. Somebody has new information??

Bels
05-09-2008, 22:23
Why would you need Russian citizensip, as I have discovered this might cause probems with your home country, if you want to return after two years. Can you imagine having to go through a visa process for your home country if you have been out of your country for more than two years, and that you have citizenship from Russia ? Believe me yu will be grabbed in by the customs at the airport to cross question you and checkout whether you are a spy or not!

Is TRP or permanent residency not enough! Why on earth would any westerner desire citizenship in Russia, when most Russians want to get out? Believe me! It will cause problems when you want to return to your home country, and you may well be looked upon as a security risk.

MaltSokol
05-09-2008, 22:29
what problems you faces?which papers you prepared?did you do some mistakes which you can advise us to avoid when applying to TRP too??

Well, I didn't know exactly what to bring about the apartment. It wasn't written anywhere. The first day I went there with my documents, I didn't have the "Form 9". Filling out the questionnaire was quite stressful. It is an A3 sheet, so I made many copies just in case. You can use photocopies as long as you respect the format and size.

Regarding the queues, the first day was only for non-CIS citizens and I arrived there too early (1.5 hours before the start). When it begun I was the first one in the row. Yesterday it was for all applicants; I arrived at 7.30 and I was the 5th on the list.
This stuff depends on each office, but it is a very good signal that they have TRP and visa registration in different offices (and therefore different queues). It is horrible for visa registration, they arrive like at 23.00 the day before to start the list.

and what is this two options you can apply for (ВнЖ or citizenship).....

I don't really know. Maybe she was just curious. The logical order is the following: TRP (РВП), then Permanent residence (ВнЖ) and then citizenship. She asked what I would apply for next, one or the other. But I don't think you can apply for citizenship skipping the permanent residence.

plz tell us more about your experience with this subject and which visa type you entered russia with to apply for the TRP...
thanks

I am on a 1-year student visa myself, but they don't seem to care at all from what visa you apply, as long as you have a valid visa, migration card and registration slip.

Good luck. Any questions are welcome. But check all the requirements at your local office. This is just one fresh experience, no universal truth for all ФМС offices!

Bels
05-09-2008, 22:59
Yes my TRP took me seven months from application. 3 months for preparation of documents and visiting various medical centres before that. So a total of one year. It's good to hear that they are speeding things up. Or are they in general? For the moment it looks that way.

Recently I was thinking about going for my Permanent residency, but I've changed my mind now. As my wife keeps saying "I'm so peessed off with this Russian tape just to make an honest living, and I'm wasting my valuable time constantly visiting all these officials time and time again! It will never end! they are all looking for money we don't have, because they don't give us space and time to earn it. Believe me that's Russia! Let's go to Britain for some peace and common sense" So that's what we plan to do next year.

And she's right, after your TRP, you might try being self employed or whatever, and the illogical redtape and constant visits are never ending, so much so it makes you wonder if you will ever have time for yourself, your family with baby, and do your work to earn money to pay these officials!!

Some are terrific though! The local government authority man was terrific, a caring family man, and extremely honest. So they are not all bad, and I do believe this "local Mafia" business is now thankfully slowly disappearing. My wife doesn't think so, but I do.

Dashanew
06-09-2008, 01:45
Is TRP or permanent residency not enough! Why on earth would any westerner desire citizenship in Russia, when most Russians want to get out?

you are 10 years late. today most russians do not want to get out and even many who live out want to go back.only 3 months ago you were so happy to soon recieve your permanent residence card because of your so wonderfull wife,you have change your mind because of your problems it is your personal life and not everybody think like you. and you do not need to wait next year to go to britain you can go immediately :Loco:

ahmedik79
06-09-2008, 02:13
thank you ALberto so much for such good detailed answer :11109:
are you really studying or you just got this 1 y student visa as away to stay legally for 1 year in russia?
and if you got it just to stay where i can have also a place like a university or language center which can register me as a student until i am able to stay more legally and make my TRP and marry my Russian gf :gorgeous:
thanks again for your time ....

MaltSokol
06-09-2008, 05:51
When I decided to study I had a my first commercial visa. It was later, in November, when I learned that my visa was affected by the 90/180 thing that I requested a student invitation.
My visa ends in one month and a half, so I plan to get a couple of private visas to get along.

You have a little misconception. It is not "make my TRP and marry my Russian gf" but on the contrary: "Marry my Russian gf and make my TRP" :rules:

There is a minimum of hours that your program must have in order to be eligible for 1-year student visa. I think it should be at least 15 hours a week or something like this. In my case, it is was a semi-distant MBA, so I just had lectures on week per month. But it was a bit expensive as it was a foreign program taught in Russia.

ahmedik79
06-09-2008, 06:31
soorry if my questions looks silly just i try to gather as much informations as i can........
1- were you able to change the visa from the commercial visa to the student visa while in moscow or you had to go back to your home country first?

2- in this whole process of getting and preparing for the TRP were you able to do it on your own or your wife usualy was with you for the translation and assit? i mean if i can do such process depending on my english and the few russian words i know or i should always be with my gf for fininshing this paper works?
thanks again

MaltSokol
06-09-2008, 08:12
soorry if my questions looks silly just i try to gather as much informations as i can........

No problem :) Ask as much as you want. Just don't take my answers as absolute truth, specially the TRP application itself.

1- were you able to change the visa from the commercial visa to the student visa while in moscow or you had to go back to your home country first?

First, I live in SPb. And second, there is no way to change the visa purpose on site. I had to go to Helsinki for one day to get the single-entry student visa. Once in Russia, it was converted into a 1-year ME green visa. On the phone thay had told me in advance that I was eligible for application there as EU-citizen, so I didn't have to fly back home.
Next month I am going to Helsinki again, but they will probably make me wait 3 days at least.

2- in this whole process of getting and preparing for the TRP were you able to do it on your own or your wife usualy was with you for the translation and assit? i mean if i can do such process depending on my english and the few russian words i know or i should always be with my gf for fininshing this paper works?

She helped me getting all the papers from her part (income, appartment, etc.) Getting married with me was also great help from her part. lol
You definitely cannot expect to speak with the inspector in English. My Russian is ok, so I could handle the application process myself, but I recommend you to go accompanied if possible; specially if your Russian is not good.
Regarding the translations, all the documents were translated in an agency. If you mean whether she assisted me when I went to the clinic and FMS, the answer is no, I did it myself.
Well, she went there once, to get the blanks and to do me a private invitation.

Bels
06-09-2008, 12:11
you are 10 years late. today most russians do not want to get out and even many who live out want to go back.only 3 months ago you were so happy to soon recieve your permanent residence card because of your so wonderfull wife,you have change your mind because of your problems it is your personal life and not everybody think like you. and you do not need to wait next year to go to britain you can go immediately :Loco:

I'm not being personal,just looking at the other side of the argument. Why should we need citizenship, when permanent is sufficient for most expats requirements.

Also, I'm still reading Russian government concerns about a Russian population getting smaller, due to a low birthrate and external migration of Russians. And it's the smartest and richest of the Russians that are getting out.

In regards to me, yes I have been happy with my time here, however like most expats there will be a time when we will want to return home, and we will take our Russian family with us. I have read on British immigration law that a Brit who has a Russian citizenship stamp on the back of their passport will be questioned by customs at the airport.

ahmedik79
06-09-2008, 16:40
I had to go to Helsinki for one day to get the single-entry student visa. Once in Russia, it was converted into a 1-year ME green visa.

this means that if i will be able to enter with single entry student visa i will be able to convert it to a 1 year ME visa,right?

MaltSokol
06-09-2008, 17:57
this means that if i will be able to enter with single entry student visa i will be able to convert it to a 1 year ME visa,right?

Yes, but this visa is only done if you're gonna study more than three months. The invitation takes a month to be done. And you're stuck without chance to leave Russia for 1 month while they convert the visa into ME after your first entry.

For less than three months they make you some sort of business visa, with entry and exit.

Bels
06-09-2008, 19:41
Yes, but this visa is only done if you're gonna study more than three months. The invitation takes a month to be done. And you're stuck without chance to leave Russia for 1 month while they convert the visa into ME after your first entry.

For less than three months they make you some sort of business visa, with entry and exit.

Yep! that's typical of Russian redtape, and it will never be over. Does anybody feel like giving up befere you get here. :11030: :Loco:

MaltSokol
06-09-2008, 20:45
Well, in Spain they actually get stuck for 6 months, that's a worse redtape...

Come on Bels, you've already been through the worst part of the bureaucracy. Once you have TRP, it's piece of cake :P