PDA

View Full Version : Anyone into cycling?

Leonidas
02-09-2008, 01:23
Hey there..

Winter's comming and I haven't done a proper cycle tour jet.

Does anyone want to do some cycling before it starts to snow?
maybe through park skolniki?

We can arrange a date and time over msn, skype, or the phone.

Let me know if you're interested.

Leo

CDNRower
02-09-2008, 16:17
Leo -MTB or Road?

OuterSpace
02-09-2008, 16:27
actually i am in to it but i have not bicycle
rent is possible in Moscow ?

Leonidas
03-09-2008, 21:40
MTB or Road
actually, my favorite is neither of those 2, I love trails biking, that's stuff like wheelies and random tricks. I'm not a pro, but I can do small things like wheelies, bunny hops, cat walk, cycling up stairs basically I love to use the city as my playground.
stuff like this : (not me in the photo)
http://pro.corbis.com/images/42-18645780.jpg?size=572&uid=%7B5E81BA3B-A3A8-4140-A395-E44B731E2561%7D

But, i've got a universal bike, with which I can go off road as well as race on large roads.

So, I'd love to do some MTBing and some road cycling. what ever takes your fancy.

"can you rent a bike"

yes, you can.
I'm not too sure exacly where the place is and neither do I konw how good the bikes are, but it's somewhere near the park sokolniki and I think it's fairly cheap, maybe around 100 rub per day.
You can also borrow roller blades and other sports equipment there.

If you're interested, I could try and find out where it is.

[edit]
I know there's a place at VDNH (вднх) which is a metro station on the orange line, just above the circle line. I don't know the exact location of the shop, but I know that it's close by the station.

And also, they charge per hour.

Transparent Theatre
03-09-2008, 22:22
I road-cycle in Mosow, and would be up for a trip - but I'm too old to do wheelies :)

I just came back from a holiday cycling around Ireland, covering about 50-60km per day... with lunchtime pub stops to reduce any possibility of getting healthy as a result :)

But we need to go sometime soon, because the weather will get worse very quickly... last year the first snow fell on Sept 26th (it's my birthday, so I remember it perfectly). It was only a bit of snow, and you could cycle until late October last year... but it was cold and windy, and the motorists develop cycle-blindness after October 1st :(

OuterSpace
03-09-2008, 22:32
Yes i am higly interested

lets do that trip this weekend Saturday or Sunday if you two available

Very long time ago i was going to my work with bicycle every day :D

But it was not MTB it was racing type...

Transparent Theatre
03-09-2008, 22:37
I'm available on Sunday :) Let's hope for good weather! Where are we going? :)

OuterSpace
03-09-2008, 22:49
We can ride in any one of that bigs park but i have no bicycle so first i need to find it from somewhere maybe from VKDN park..

Do you have one ?

Transparent Theatre
04-09-2008, 00:57
Yes, I've got a bike here in Moscow :)

Leonidas
19-10-2008, 01:18
Sorry about me dozing off there, I've found a full time job now, and it takes all of my time and enegry... meh.. I don't Think that I've got time to organize a trip anymore.. :( sorry lads.

Korkelia
19-10-2008, 10:20
Sorry about me dozing off there, I've found a full time job now, and it takes all of my time and enegry... meh.. I don't Think that I've got time to organize a trip anymore.. :( sorry lads.

You all can do it at night. Saturday night for example. The whole Moscow will be your playground. Don't give up on your idea.

Willy
19-10-2008, 16:17
Yes at night it's pretty cool.

I just got a Trek 6000 and I go riding around MGU.

I go riding with friends and sometimes we meet up with people at MGU at night for a ride, many people are drinking and driving but we've had 30 or 40 people in one group.

MGU is nice because it has a lot of big wide streets all lit up and some good dirt tracks there is also a some good down hill, it's just getting back up the hill that's tough.

If you start at MGU you can ride right into Gorky Park.

For the trials riders there is a park on Leninsky Prospect that's been set up with obstacles, you can get to it from MGU by riding along the river.