PDA

View Full Version : Looking for apartments in St.P

franki
01-09-2008, 18:56
I am moving to St.P in November and I am starting to look for apartments.
Does anyone have any pointers on how to find one?
I have looked at the St.P times and found a few but they have, in general, pink tiles in the bathrooms and/or a finish that even my grandmother would find stiff and out of date.
Is it only possible to find furnished apartments? I would prefer to have one that I can furnish myself.

I am very greatful for any help I can get.
//
F

Wodin
01-09-2008, 19:44
Franki, it is possible to find unfurnished or partly furnished apartments in SPB. The downside is that prices are even higher (if you factor in quality of finish, size and location) than in Moscow. Dead center with a "goodish" remont could cost as much as RuR13,000 per sqm per month.

Unless you'd be exceptionally lucky, most finishes here are pretty ugly. Entrances to apartment blocks look like something out of an episode of the Crypt.

Your best bet is to get in touch with Penny Lane (give them detailed specs of size, location and price range).

franki
01-09-2008, 20:13
Franki, it is possible to find unfurnished or partly furnished apartments in SPB. The downside is that prices are even higher (if you factor in quality of finish, size and location) than in Moscow. Dead center with a "goodish" remont could cost as much as RuR13,000 per sqm per month.

Unless you'd be exceptionally lucky, most finishes here are pretty ugly. Entrances to apartment blocks look like something out of an episode of the Crypt.

Your best bet is to get in touch with Penny Lane (give them detailed specs of size, location and price range).
Thank you so much. I just looked at their site and I belive you are right, they seem to have a pretty good hang of things. Yes, the standard and finish of not only apartments seems to be very low or just butt-ugly. Do you live in StP?

tigereng
06-09-2008, 18:11
Hi franki,

I spent all day today viewing appartments in St Petersburg and all i can say im extremly disappointed with the standards here. Speaking in euro i looked at approx everything from 650 to 1000 a month ...all flats were old fashioned dirty entrances and well overpriced. I come from a rich country and couldn comprehend the conditions for the monay being asked. there is no relationship here between the two.

Im in a company appartment at the moment which all i can say is, its amazing but comes with a price of 3000 a month euro...yes 3000!!!!..... i will probably stay here alright and split the rent with a colleague because i just couldnt live in some of the places i saw today..

if you want more information let me know and ill forward my address and put you in contact with the woman i met today....shes speaks fluent english which is essential i may add...and is a very honest pleasent woman....be prepared to pay one months rent commission to all agencies...one months depoosit and one months rent to start of...which turns out to be around 3000 euro up front!!!!.....anyway hope this helped you out...

mock
10-09-2008, 01:07
Be prepeared to spent some time and money...I used to ask agencies to mail me photos first, but even then, the flats were not perfect.I can recommend some agent who speak english if you need that

franki
21-09-2008, 16:53
Thank You so much, Tigereng. I would appreciate to get in touch with that Contact of yours.

franki
21-09-2008, 16:54
Hi Mock.
Thanks for your input. Yes, I would like to get in touch with some agents. I think I am going to need all help I can get to find an apartment.

Spring Fairy
26-10-2008, 15:22
Hello, Franki!

Most apartments is Russia have wallpaper and are out of date from the 'western' point of view. But Russians prefer such "design". If you know some Russian, look at the website портал БН.ру - Бюллетень недвижимости Санкт-Петербурга (http://www.bn.ru). They publish new offers every Monday. Although most flats presented there don't follow european standards, still there are some nice offers there.

As for furnished or unfirnished, I think it's nicer to do it yourself. But make sure you have enough money for that. Decent furniture in St. Petersburg is quite expensive as well.

Good luck!
If you need any further information, just ask.
Sasha.

4ela
05-12-2008, 20:59
An owner of a cosy one-bedroom apartment will rent it for long term for 1300 euros. The apartment is in the very centre of St.Petersburg near the Hermitage in the beautiful quiet yard protected with the gates. Possible secure parking in the yard. The apartment fully furnished and equipped including the tableware. Bedroom of 18 square meters has double bed and balcony. In the living room that is united with a kitchen is an unfolding sofa for one person.
TV, DVD and VHS players, unlimited Internet.

sokushner
08-10-2010, 17:34
arendaservice.com