PDA

View Full Version : Visa in Laos

trebor
28-06-2004, 14:21
I have just processed my new visa in Vientiane in Laos.
The service was fantastic and everyone friendly. There was no one at the embassy so no waiting at all, in fact my company had put 30th on the invitation letter but i had bought a return ticket for 29th and they made the visa for 29th without a problem!!
They even completed the job in 3 working days when they said usualy they cannot do it in under 7.
Beleive this if you can:
I had a nice chat with the people in the visa section and THEY EVEN GAVE ME A CUP OF TEA WHILE I WAS WAITING!

Where's Laos i hear you all asking...................................

GreatArcticBear
28-06-2004, 14:30
What is Laos like in terms of a vacation spot? Is there much to see? What accomodations are available?

trebor
28-06-2004, 14:38
Fantastic place to visit. Very laid back.
Vientiane is on the Mekong river a 45 minute flight from Bangkok. get yer visa on arrival at the airport.
I did a package tour from Bangkok. Just under 200 bucks for return flights and 2 nights at the Novotel.
Trips up country by boat to Luang Prabang come also highly recommended.
Local guest houses, lots of good bars and good French restaurants all dirt cheap!

kak
28-06-2004, 15:02
sounds like a new kind of competition ;) let's start a poll:
How far can you go to renew your visa?
;)
btw I'm curious about your definition of "good french restaurant" ;)

trebor
29-06-2004, 03:18
kakrout
nothing to do with how far i can go to get a visa.....................................just how far i can go!
My definition of a good (French) restaurant?
Well cooked, authentic food with good service and all for a reasonable price.
Its no mystery
The chef was French by the way. How did i know?
I could smell him from my corner table!
hehehehehehe

Moscow Wolf
29-06-2004, 07:39
Well done Trebor, that's some feat, not the travel part but risking your visa to the Russian Embassy in Laos. I really miss that part of the world, missed a motorbike tour of South Vietnam earlier this year, but I will do it later this year, if I survive Moscow.

kak
29-06-2004, 11:44
Originally posted by trebor
kakrout
nothing to do with how far i can go to get a visa.....................................just how far i can go!
My definition of a good (French) restaurant?
Well cooked, authentic food with good service and all for a reasonable price.
Its no mystery
The chef was French by the way. How did i know?
I could smell him from my corner table!
hehehehehehe

you could smell him and were still able to enjoy your meal at the same time??? :p

trebor
29-06-2004, 12:16
Moscow Wolf
i will be going back in January '05 for a couple of weeks.
I have some friends in Bangkok who will be organising a boat trip for 10/15 people up the Mekong river from Vientiane to Luang Prabang. I can't wait, should be loads of fun.
Your right a great part of the world. I was in Cambodia last January. Phom Phen and Angkor Wat. Another country i recomend people see while it is still relatively unexplored.