PDA

View Full Version : Meet Sochi

OuterSpace
01-09-2008, 17:55
some photos looked to me like they taken from a Caribbean city :)

OuterSpace
01-09-2008, 17:57
Continue

OuterSpace
01-09-2008, 17:59

OuterSpace
01-09-2008, 18:04

Transparent Theatre
01-09-2008, 18:10
Unfortunately these beatiful views of Sochi are being destroyed currently by new building developments which are wrecking the appearance of the city.

I was surprised that the overall infrastructure of the city was so extremely poor and undeveloped. By comparison other cities like Rostov-on-Don are years ahead of Sochi.

moby17
12-01-2009, 14:39
Since you are objecting to buildings, you could apply the same opinion to the old buildings.

hjortron
17-01-2009, 00:42
Unfortunately these beatiful views of Sochi are being destroyed currently by new building developments which are wrecking the appearance of the city.

I was surprised that the overall infrastructure of the city was so extremely poor and undeveloped. By comparison other cities like Rostov-on-Don are years ahead of Sochi.

+1! I'm originally from there and can say that there pseudo olimpic preparations have only spoilt the city

quincy
19-01-2009, 18:17
+1! I'm originally from there and can say that there pseudo olimpic preparations have only spoilt the city

sorry to hear that, what aspects of the city have been spoilt? but the photos posted above, are absolutely awesome!!!!!!!!!!!:hooray:

fortstrader
21-02-2009, 19:23
Indeed, some very gorgeous exposures.

JJ2009
26-02-2009, 04:12
ANY Expats from Canada in Sochi??
Looking to create a Social club for English Speaking people.
Interested?

fortstrader
26-02-2009, 16:54
ANY Expats from Canada in Sochi??
Looking to create a Social club for English Speaking people.
Interested?

I think a social club in Sochi is a great idea. I've visited Sochi last August , liked it a lot , met a ton of people from different countries. The whole city has changed dramatically over the past ten years. New landmarks have been built , new movie theaters, more safe places to go and the cruise liners are usually filled with tourists mostly from US ,UK and Germany. I've also met some visitors from Japan and Singapore but strangely enough, none from Canada.
My guess is that may be that's the high cost of being there that keeps Canadians reluctant from traveling to Sochi, or may be it's just to far away for them to travel.

Candia
23-05-2009, 19:28
Hi,

I am a canadian Citizen moving to Krasnodar which I believe is not too far away, (I think) I will be there for a year,and will I daresay be looking for places to visit on a weekend. My employer has provided me with accomadation, transport and a translator. I should be out there towards the end of July.
I live in Alberta, just North of Red Deer.

I will watch this thread.

Nick.

GlockWild
29-05-2009, 00:03
I'm American and lived in both of these cities in 2004 & 05. I had offices in each and traveled back and forth between the two. I met only a very small handful of Americans... none that I know of lived there. I wonder if that has changed yet? It was very hard to find any Westerners to visit with. I did have several Russian friends who spoke good english though. I may move back soon! Nice place.

STFW1971
18-11-2009, 13:47
great pictures :iloveyou:

I'm going to have a look at this place in January or February, might stay for a month or two.

Any progress on the English speaking social club?

Anyone an idea what the job situation is for foreign speakers (status end 2009)?

:beerbros:

marmari
21-11-2009, 15:30
nice photos!

Algernon
04-11-2010, 17:08
Great pictures and i really love this forum.

So Me
05-01-2011, 15:41
hi there!
I've just come back from Vancity, that'd be amazing if you still were Sochi!
julia.chichilanova@gmail.com