PDA

View Full Version : over 90 days anyone overstay?

salmoxis
31-08-2008, 11:05
any one ever over stay their 90 days registration on the ME visa, while the visa was still good? any experiences?

s

米乐龙
31-08-2008, 11:52
Get yourself on the correct visa. The Russian immigration has most likely got their act together now and if you are caught overstaying your visa then it will be cancelled and you will have to go through a whole lot of redtape, miss your plane, be blacklisted, pay a fine etc.

If you are a tourist then get a tourist visa.
On business? Get a business visa.
Working? Get a working visa.
Etc.

This is not really the answer you are looking for as I guess you would like to hear from those who have been lucky in the past. Unfortunately there are not many who are stupid enough to risk the adventure.

salmoxis
01-09-2008, 12:47
Thanks for the reply, I understand about getting the correct visa etc. - am no newcomer to Russia. My problem is that I understood these only applied to Business visas, but when I got my new Scientific-Technical exchange visa (007), discovered that I fell into that category too.

I'm married, and have my docs in for the TRP here, originally wasn't worried because OFMS here (Kyzyl) told me that I can live on the basis of my 'spravka' for the six months while I wait for TRP, but when I returned from Mongolia with my new visa was told that this only applied to people from CIS.

My wife just had our second child here, and I've been looking for a way around this 90-day problem, otherwise I leave my two kids and wife here until after new years - we are located deep in Southern Siberia, and 'visa runs' are a big expenditure etc.

So I was looking to see yes, if anyone had risked it and made it out, fully aware of the fact that it's not recommended. Researching all options. Any advice helpful, out here in the sticks neither the OFMS, nor the 'Tsentr Zanyatosti' (who is still processing my 'zakliochenie' to work here) seems to know what to do...

Bels
01-09-2008, 13:28
You could try and look for a job from a company who can supply you with an invitation and work permit. Even if it just a few hours a week it would be worth it, just to to get the permit. Or what are the student visas like? Perhaps you can study Russian a few hours a week.

salmoxis
04-09-2008, 09:38
Thanks for the suggestion, Bels, I've actually been playing 'unofficially' as a member of the National orchestra here for a few years, and they started the process of getting my work permit back in april.

But it went like this - first, I had to go through a commission to approve the orchestra's request for me as a worker. Then, the 'tsentr zanyatosti' told me I had to wait for a 'zakliochenie' to come from Moscow, and that they would tell me when that came through. I asked in the summer, and they said. we think so, go to OFMS and get us some kind of blank, then OFMS told me to bring my boss, and by the time we went in last week the law had changed and we have to start the whole thing over again.

BTW, my boss in the orchestra tells me that once I get my TRP I can work here locally without all of these major hassles (like the orchestra has to deposit the price of a ticket to the US in OFMS's bank account to ensure I can leave if neccessary), and that if I get Vid na Zhitelstvo that it will be much easier to work anywhere in Russia.

In any case, it is too late for me to get an invitation for a work visa now, or to get my visa changed - all of this paperwork still takes months to process, by which time I will have overstayed my 90 days...so it looks like I leave here and wait for my damn TRP.

Thanks again for your kind suggestion.

traveller
06-09-2008, 17:34
Get yourself on the correct visa.
If you are a tourist then get a tourist visa.
On business? Get a business visa.
Working? Get a working visa.
Etc.

It's not always easy to get the correct visa Einstein. Some people who are here on a business visa have legitimate business that takes longer than 90 days and are not necessarily up for buying a fake work permit like you did.

salmoxis
16-09-2008, 11:42
thanks for that reply traveller, this dudes reply really was exactly not what i was looking for at a low moment in my life. I'm out here, looking for help, and all i get in reply is some arrogant dude telling me useless information -"get the correct visa" -- well, I am a researcher here doing work that takes longer than 90 days, and that don't seem to fly...but this dude just uses my poor request for help as a vehicle to spout the same bureacratic vitriol I can hear down at OFMS on Lenin Street. Looks like that dude has been here long enough that he has learned to parrot the same attitude as the bureaucrats, lock stock and barrel.
s

米乐龙
16-09-2008, 23:23
What a smartarse answer salmoxis. Get the chip off your shoulder, my post was neither arrogant nor unhelpful. If you found my reply to your post so repulsive then why thank it??? Or did traveller PM you some BS as he usually does? Interesting how you thanked my post on the 1st September and then come back today to praise travellers post which gave you no useful info. at all...

Good luck with your research.

cdrive
17-09-2008, 00:18
Just had a female friend of british nationality overstay for more than 40days and she had no problems exiting SVO2
According to me, their systems aren't designed to monitor and calculate everybody's exit and entry and exact number of days here.

TonyP
17-09-2008, 02:24
I was in the same position after making my TMP so when my 90 day were up I just left and came back with a single entry 3 month business visa, by the time that was almost at at end my TMP was granted. It worked for me :cheerleader:

MaltSokol
17-09-2008, 18:00
Just had a female friend of british nationality overstay for more than 40days and she had no problems exiting SVO2
According to me, their systems aren't designed to monitor and calculate everybody's exit and entry and exact number of days here.

Exiting doesn't seem to be a big deal, but registering in FMS the next time. In FMS they do count the days. When your friend is deregistered, her sponsor (company, relative, institution...) could be fined.

salmoxis
20-09-2008, 09:02
Exiting doesn't seem to be a big deal, but registering in FMS the next time. In FMS they do count the days. When your friend is deregistered, her sponsor (company, relative, institution...) could be fined.

i wonder if one could have turned one's form in at the place of registration, or rather had their inviting person turn it in, but stay off police radar until leaving? for instance, where i live cops don't really check you ever randomly like in moscow...so, according to FMS they think you left (they got your paper back after all) and if the people at the border don't have record of it/don't check that hard...looks like it would have been possible. a risk, but possible. that's the kind of info i was looking for - should have been more specific - i.e. what are the chances at the border, specifically moscow airports.

salmoxis
20-09-2008, 09:11
What a smartarse answer salmoxis. Get the chip off your shoulder, my post was neither arrogant nor unhelpful. If you found my reply to your post so repulsive then why thank it??? Or did traveller PM you some BS as he usually does? Interesting how you thanked my post on the 1st September and then come back today to praise travellers post which gave you no useful info. at all...

Good luck with your research.

hey man, i didn't mean to be so grumpy at you, and i extend my apologies for my vehemence. the thanking, at the time, was done in a moment of bitter irony as i had placed a lot of hopes on my course of action on what info i could glean from this bulletin board, only to read your post which provided neither experience, insight, nor comfort in a difficult situation.

i did not receive any PM from anyone, what i said was i how i felt at the time, being in a tough situation, facing leaving my wife and two young kids for an extended period of time as winter approaches in Siberia, anxious about your family losing your much needed help and presence at home.

so sorry i was snappy, but what you wrote and i read at that time was if not arrogant then at least unhelpful in anyway towards me solving the problem of the moment. i
don't like to get into arguments or snappiness on the long term however and extend my apologies for the tone of my comments toward you.
thank you for wishes of good luck,

salmoxis

traveller
20-09-2008, 10:17

This guy is paranoid. I never PMed salmoxis with "BS". In fact I never PMed salmoxis at all. I simply responded to his post and shared my opinion. (Something we are encouraged to do in this forum). salmoxis appreciated my post and accordingly thanked me. 米乐龙 responded as usual with insults.

P.S. salmoxis does not have a "chip" on his shoulder, he's simply seeking information from other members in this forum.

米乐龙
20-09-2008, 10:44
hey man, i didn't mean to be so grumpy at you, and i extend my apologies for my vehemence. the thanking, at the time, was done in a moment of bitter irony as i had placed a lot of hopes on my course of action on what info i could glean from this bulletin board, only to read your post which provided neither experience, insight, nor comfort in a difficult situation.

i did not receive any PM from anyone, what i said was i how i felt at the time, being in a tough situation, facing leaving my wife and two young kids for an extended period of time as winter approaches in Siberia, anxious about your family losing your much needed help and presence at home.

so sorry i was snappy, but what you wrote and i read at that time was if not arrogant then at least unhelpful in anyway towards me solving the problem of the moment. i
don't like to get into arguments or snappiness on the long term however and extend my apologies for the tone of my comments toward you.

salmoxis

No worries, I understand your frustration with the visa situation in Russia.

traveller
20-09-2008, 12:26

salmoxis

salmoxis you have nothing to apologize to him for, believe me.

rotyn
21-09-2008, 15:25
Did the same thing like some other guy already mentioned......entered with a 1 year business visa........had my 90 days......left and applied for a 3 month business visa in my second passport and returned next day

Bels
21-09-2008, 21:07
Brilliant !!! Can we now confirm due to the experience of several expats here now? that we can return within 24 hours every 90 days on a single entry visa? We have stated this can be done many times, but could never be sure due to new law laws and contradicting posts.

Can we no confirm that we can now return immediately after 90 days. Of course it might depend on resident rights of that particular country and Russian embssy you are applying to. But overrall a maximum wait of 10 to 14 days.

Can we agree on this is what the situation is, or should we be of wary of Russian embassies in different countries having different ideas.
One issue I'm concerned about is for example Brits are EU members and they do automatically have right of residency within any country of the EU. But it appears that not all Russian embassies in certain countries of the EU recognise this actual fact.

DDT
21-09-2008, 21:37
Did the same thing like some other guy already mentioned......entered with a 1 year business visa........had my 90 days......left and applied for a 3 month business visa in my second passport and returned next day

If you don't mind, how long did it take to get the 90 day visa for your second passport (just a few days or longer) and could you get it close by or did you have to return to your home country. I was also wondering about the possibility of getting two 1 year biz visas on different passports simultaneously or 90 days apart and using one to fill in the 90 day gaps of the other.
I am looking into different ways I could stay in Russia if I need to after filing and waiting for temp res.
So far I have acquired 3 passports and would like to put them to "good use". lol

米乐龙
21-09-2008, 22:29
Brilliant !!! Can we now confirm due to the experience of several expats here now? that we can return within 24 hours every 90 days on a single entry visa?

Well if you have two passports it seems to work. Lucky you from the UK can have two passports at the same time.

DDT
21-09-2008, 22:40
Lucky you from the UK can have two passports at the same time.And so can almost anyone have more than one passport, what's your point?

米乐龙
21-09-2008, 22:52
And so can almost anyone have more than one passport, what's your point?

Aussies can't from what I have been told by the Aussie embassies.

My point is that if you can get two passports then great because you can get a 1 year multi-entry visa in each passport... and enter and re-enter immediately.

Bels
21-09-2008, 23:37
Aussies can't from what I have been told by the Aussie embassies.

My point is that if you can get two passports then great because you can get a 1 year multi-entry visa in each passport... and enter and re-enter immediately.

Are you sure about that!? We ar talking about countries who accept people having more than one nationality. Russia doesn't accept this, but most other countries do. So you can for example enter Britain with your British passport and without visa, and then enter Russia with you Russian passport, that's the way it is, and so it should be. So what happens in the Ausie Embassies? As Britain keeps claiming it's now copying the Aussie system of law.

米乐龙
22-09-2008, 10:59
Are you sure about that!? We ar talking about countries who accept people having more than one nationality. Russia doesn't accept this, but most other countries do. So you can for example enter Britain with your British passport and without visa, and then enter Russia with you Russian passport, that's the way it is, and so it should be. So what happens in the Ausie Embassies? As Britain keeps claiming it's now copying the Aussie system of law.

Bels, I am talking about having two Australian passports, not one foreign and one Aussie passport. Of course Australian allows dual citizenship.