PDA

View Full Version : Pearls?

Albertina
29-08-2008, 22:20
Ladies, do you know which country are good-quality pearls are priced the best? And how does Russia compare with them? I noticed that in Europe they are very expensive, but because of the possible difference in quality, I don't know if I can compare them to here...

MissAnnElk
29-08-2008, 23:44
Ladies, do you know which country are good-quality pearls are priced the best? And how does Russia compare with them? I noticed that in Europe they are very expensive, but because of the possible difference in quality, I don't know if I can compare them to here...

Ohhh . . . that is a VERY good question. I thought Thailand was a good source. But a bit far.

Benedikt
09-09-2008, 16:44
well if quality is maybe not so much of an issue, like for all jewellery and gold,DUBAI...
but we all know how cultured pearl are grown. a piece of perlmut is inserted into the oyster and the rest will grow around and becomes a pearl.
but the bigger the insert and the less natural perlmut, the less of a quality is the pearl. also things take time to grow and not less than some 5-6 years for a real nice pearl.
big insert and less natural grown perlmut, has less lustre and shine and also will wear off quicker.
decent dealers will tell you this put hucksters will sell you a marble with a stone inside as the real thing...
dig around on the www and you can find out more what i just dug up in a minute and write down here..

RRM
09-09-2008, 17:35
City of Pearls, Hyderabad, India.

lead88
04-01-2009, 00:43
City of Pearls, Hyderabad, India.

i have a lot info about it and know those suppliers outside Russia. please dont hesitate to contact me: 89266975875. do u have an email?